• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Cybetruck Interior Leaked!

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Wow the inside is worse than the outside, that had to take actual effort.
I mean the dash with just the center screen was to be expected, the wheel is a halfway between the round and the yolk which is not surprising as people didn't like the yoke on the S.

F150EV23

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning platinum 2022 mach E
I could never deal with those pillar blind spots even if I were remotely interested in the truck

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
So bizarre. I just have no interest in this vehicle. What am I missing? What is the draw?
The draw is Tesla has brand recognition in the EV space and there's a huge amount of 'fanboys' out there just like any other cultural icon. People love trucks and SUVs and "now" Tesla will be building a truck. It has been touted as the truckiest truck that ever trucked.

Sponsored

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
On Reddit it was noted that they used a fisheye lens leading to distortion.
Not a fisheye! Look at how straight the lines are along the windshield. A fisheye will bend straight lines. Based on the focal point, the windshield would have to bow up (which a fisheye would convert to a straight line).

Knowledge of fisheye gained from trying many different cameras as we blow up EV batteries on the job.

H3IMDALL

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 718 Boxster GTS, Porsche Panamera Turbo
Occupation
Software Architect
Delorian should sue them for ripping off their original designs lol. Great execution though. Takes dedication to build a 1980’s space truck.

BuildBackBadder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT500 F150
Top rated auto analyst Adam Jonas of Morgan Stanley recently rode in a Cybertruck and felt it would be a niche vehicle with perhaps 50k annual sales. I can see why he might state that after seeing this interior coupled with the exterior. How big is the windshield wiper going to be on this thing?

Toby57

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F-150 XL 101A
Occupation
retired
I wonder how many turns that steering wheel goes lock to lock. I would think that steering would take some getting used to. The view out windshield reminds me of looking out back window of a 70s fastback.

Sponsored

gregoryhcain

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota 4Runner, Nissan Pickup
Occupation
Physician
This may be a competitor to the Rivian, but certainly looking at a different market than a Lightning or future GMC or RAM product buyer. I get claustrophobia just looking at that picture. My ICE '93 Nissan Hardbody looks to have a bigger interior!

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, BMW 3 series
Occupation
Engineer
Looks cheap. Truck guys will definitely not like the lack of a binnacle display. But on the plus side, it looks like one could install a nice HO model railroad layout in that huge dash area. :)

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, F-150h, various others
Occupation
retired
So it seems to drive the CT you need skinny jeans with pockets stuffed with keys. no thanks.
Sponsored