• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Shoebox72069

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Lariat
Haven seen anything directly connected... Mentioned earlier that we used FDRS to update my 2021 Job 1 Platinum. Bluecruise, cameras at speed, Tremor camera function all working.

Now I have a recall notice for the TRM software. If I use FDRS to update TRM module... will the recall clear or do I still have to take it in? And since the TRM can be updated via OTA why does Ford do a "recall" instead of just pushing out via OTA? Isn't this what OTA was all about?
I just made an appointment for next week for this. They said it will take 2 hours so I suspect it's probably something beyond... Just a software update. Maybe but not sure. I'm interested to see what they say since I'm clear and most other updates, BECM outstanding at least.
Sponsored

abd79

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
I had the TRM recall done yesterday but had updated the TRM module when it was available in FDRS weeks ago. Comparing the module information currently in FDRS after the recall was done to that from weeks prior there is no change to the software or calibration that I can see. All Asbuilt info is also unchanged.

Not sure how long it takes once the dealer says it’s done for it to clear but I still show the recall in the ford app.

Shoebox72069

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Lariat
I had the TRM recall done yesterday but had updated the TRM module when it was available in FDRS weeks ago. Comparing the module information currently in FDRS after the recall was done to that from weeks prior there is no change to the software or calibration that I can see. All Asbuilt info is also unchanged.

Not sure how long it takes once the dealer says it’s done for it to clear but I still show the recall in the ford app.
Based on the driveshaft recall with the insulation.. it was at least a few days for the bang light to clear.

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost

Software isn’t out yet. That’s why there was no change. You’ll need to go back sometime after the 18th when the software is expected to be out.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
I have been thinking the same things. But "get it to the trucks now" has OTA written all over it. Service departments around Austin have multi-week waits. Clearly there is something not disclosed here as the Ford savings for an OTA update are huge. They WOULD NOT PASS ON THOSE $$$ unless more $$$$$$$ are at risk by using OTA.

And we may never know what those risks were. But their actuaries have done the math.. be certain of that.
OTA isn't exactly working right now, so how can Ford leverage it, especially with the pressure of a recall behind the update.

If they could deliver it OTA, I believe that their strategy would be to.

Someday OTA will be awesome. But it ain't currently.

Sponsored

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford-150 Platinum Hybrid
Occupation
Retired
The TRM was allegedly not available yet. Been checking FDRS every day since TSB was released. As far as OTA or updating and clearing a recall, I believe it doesn’t.

I had a recall for the wiper motor. That recall vanished from my FP and Ford Dashboard. Was replaced with the TRM recall. I stopped by my dealer yesterday to look up any recalls left on my truck. They told me I still had the wiper motor recall, I was also listed for BC and the TRM recall. They were updating another while I was there and said they couldnt after all said and done, because the TRM was not avail in FDRS yet. But they had a newer update to the TSB with info for them to perform it
In my case, BC has been done by me with the help of Jesse and others and only thing left is the wiper motor. Told them I’ll do the TRM if it becomes avail. As for as the wiper, none are in stock from Ford and the dealer is waiting for Ford to ship them. Crazy stuff! Again, they leave a trail of confusion for everyone.

ClayBell

First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Powerboost
Occupation
Database Admin
Hi peeps, just to clear up some technology FUD; If your vehicle is taking days or “a month” to update via USB, you have some other problem that needs to be addressed. Either there is a badly run and/or connected canbus, bad memory, bad configuration, corrupt code, or some other issue. “Let it sit overnight” Is not a fix, it’s a workaround AND CAN VERY LIKELY RESULT IN CORRUPTION. If this happens; you have something that needs to be fixed. It’s not magic, it’s just inconsistent mfr installs/builds and a data network that can’t diagnose itself

Sponsored

Autofill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Anyone know if the xlt 302a with 8” cluster can update to the latest APIM yet? I’m hoping to get the cameras in motion working. I’m also curious if anyone can look up my VIN to see what updates are available.

FordConvert

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB 502A
Occupation
Builder
There's many examples of those that had that issue with a specific APIM update, waited however long it took to kick off, and then went on to do all other updates without the problem repeating or replacing parts.
My situation exactly.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Hi peeps, just to clear up some technology FUD; If your vehicle is taking days or “a month” to update via USB, you have some other problem that needs to be addressed. Either there is a badly run and/or connected canbus, bad memory, bad configuration, corrupt code, or some other issue. “Let it sit overnight” Is not a fix, it’s a workaround AND CAN VERY LIKELY RESULT IN CORRUPTION. If this happens; you have something that needs to be fixed. It’s not magic, it’s just inconsistent mfr installs/builds and a data network that can’t diagnose itself
Wrong

jordandev

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A (on order...)
Anyone know if the xlt 302a with 8” cluster can update to the latest APIM yet? I’m hoping to get the cameras in motion working. I’m also curious if anyone can look up my VIN to see what updates are available.
Nope. 302A with here stuck on 21281 revision 244.

Never got an IPMA update at all.

However I do have cameras in motion enabled through forscan changes. But the bed camera side card won’t work without an IPMA update.

However @JaHoova is on the same with a 302A and DID get an IPMA updateand has the bed camera side card working after forscan changes.

We are unsure why this is different between two 302A trucks (both with 360 and no adaptive cruise). Went through both our as built data and all forscan chabges were the same but different IPMA strategy/calibration numbers (because he got an update and I didn’t).

JaHoova

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Supercrew XLT Powerboost
There's a specific issue with 1.7.1 that caused some form of error where the APIM would no longer update. Some unknown set of circumstances would get it out of that loop hence the "wait a month". TSB 22-2117 solves this issue by re-flashing part of the APIM. Sometimes sitting it overnight does fix issues as well because it ensures all modules in the truck shut down.
Sponsored