• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

CUL8ER

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat
Updated my Job 1 Platinum Powerboost with latest PCM and DSM updates. PCM reset the usual things (Myview) but also reset Eco Idle to off. And I noticed on my 25 minute test drive a few other differences...

Background... driven 25 minutes.. sat 30 minutes or so doing updates, shooting the breeze, driving in the parking lot demonstrating Tremor camera, etc. then starting out on a test drive...

First difference was that the ICE didn't shut off for the first 3+ miles. It even idled at stop lights. It was like the hybrid battery was totally discharged. Speculation - Ford changed some of the charge/discharge parameters. Or PCM had to relearn battery status. Or ? No way to really know with out some instrumentation.

Second difference was that under full throttle (from 45 mph in sport mode) I got a full 20 lbs boost but only for a couple of seconds. Boost dropped around shifts but then never climbed back to 20. Guessing maybe 18 lbs peak. I seem to remember holding 20 lbs longer in the past and boost climbing back to 20. But maybe it was just a senior moment :) Lower octane gas... whatever.

Finally, the last couple of miles to home is 30 mph surface streets. By the time I got on them the ICE was turning off at all the usual places... ICE even turned off at 60 as I was coasting down on the exit ramp.

Now if I could just get the kick switch on my running boards to work.. Otherwise the boards are working fine. The DSM update still didn't fix it.
Hey Jim. Check your settings in Sync to make sure your kick switch is enabled as some of these updates reset these modules. If they still don't work check your ForScan settings on 744-23-01 and see if the following is enabled XXXX-XX01-00 and do a module reset after and your kick switch should work. Hope this helps.
Sponsored

"Steve"

First Name
"Steve"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
getting stuck here. right off the get go.

usb cable to 5pin in apim.
Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS 20220415_112842

Last edited:

JIMFOUNTAIN

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 SCREW PB 6.5' 701A
Hey Jim. Check your settings in Sync to make sure your kick switch is enabled as some of these updates reset these modules. If they still don't work check your ForScan settings on 744-23-01 and see if the following is enabled XXXX-XX01-00 and do a module reset after and your kick switch should work. Hope this helps.
Well at least there is a pattern for me. When I updated to Bluecruise the DSM update wiped out my running board settings. Set back 744-23-02 and boards worked but kick switch did not. Latest DSM update wiped the settings again. So

744-23-0201xxxxxxxx
sez I have running boards... now working again. Then I found

744-23-01xxxxxx01xx--
and it sez kick switch is present. Kickswitch works properly now that this bit is set.

Not sure why some trucks get the running board config reset upon a DSM update and some do not. But that is clearly the case. I suspect Ford will be replacing a number of kick switches and maybe even running boards as the dealers do more and more Bluecruise updates.... since their techs don't have access to Forscan spreadsheets, @Jesse-Infotainment , @Livnitup , etc and this invaluable forum.

SharkAttack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
The guide used to say that windows VMs on a Mac were known to cause problems. It's gone now. Does that mean that some people have had some success updating on a VM?

Sponsored

JJ_Tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost
Steve - Did you get unstuck. I just threw in the towel on the dealer and ordered the mongoose.

• Wow
Reactions: GDN

"Steve"

First Name
"Steve"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
no, cant get past the fastboot issue. something wrong with drivers or something? maybe an old laptop?

JJ_Tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Did you check the latest TSB put out by Ford? They mentioned which cables worked and which brands did not. I'll dig into it more once I get my equipment. Good luck.

Edit - Attached is the latest document from Ford from Wed.

Attachments

Sponsored

"Steve"

First Name
"Steve"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
^i've tried a few different things and nothing has been successful yet. might have to try the desktop....outside.

JJ_Tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hey Steve - The table below shows the various error messages and actions on page 18 of the TSB. I think your error is the last one.

Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS 1650073793260