• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Email From Ford "related to Customer Satisfaction Program 23H01"

frautumn

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat
Has anybody else gotten this email? I just got this yesterday. I searched this forum for "23H01" and only found 1 reference but it didn't mention the email. Just wondering how widespread this is. I assume it's battery-related. Ugh.

Ford F-150 Lightning Email From Ford "related to Customer Satisfaction Program 23H01" Screen Shot 2023-03-24 at 9.16.25 AM
Sponsored

OP
OP
frautumn

frautumn

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
How has your 2022 Lightning been performing?
Any drive power issues, charging problems, start-up warnings, warnings of any sort?

OP
OP
frautumn

frautumn

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
How has your 2022 Lightning been performing?
Any drive power issues, charging problems, start-up warnings, warnings of any sort?
No issues whatsoever (other than the damn "air dam" warning daily, which I am ignoring). Really love the truck.

Sponsored
OP
OP
frautumn

frautumn

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If it is 2022 model then the issue should not be the same as the fire at the plant/recent recall. Hopefully it's a quick fix, it's nice that they proactively reached out to you.
Well the dealership apparently has more info because when I just called to schedule the work, they said it is a 10 hour job involving the high voltage battery, and they only have 1 EV tech and he is too busy to do it, so I guess I am going to have to shop around for a dealer that wants to take this on. Joy.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
No issues whatsoever (other than the damn "air dam" warning daily, which I am ignoring). Really love the truck.
On a dry day, spray some WD-40 on the air dam tracks. Others have had success with that. If it decrease the error from daily to once a week it might be worth it.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Well the dealership apparently has more info because when I just called to schedule the work, they said it is a 10 hour job involving the high voltage battery, and they only have 1 EV tech and he is too busy to do it, so I guess I am going to have to shop around for a dealer that wants to take this on. Joy.
Why are YOU calling the dealer? The note from Ford says THEY will contact the dealer.

OP
OP
frautumn

frautumn

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Why are YOU calling the dealer? The note from Ford says THEY will contact the dealer.
Cause I trust myself more than I trust them, and I don't want to have to do a back and forth five times to get a date scheduled that works for me and for the dealer. Also I don't have a (local) dealer yet so I am trying to get a feel for their service dept before I commit to them.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Cause I trust myself more than I trust them, and I don't want to have to do a back and forth five times to get a date scheduled that works for me and for the dealer. Also I don't have a (local) dealer yet so I am trying to get a feel for their service dept before I commit to them.
Ford is greasing the skids for you, but suit yourself.

Sponsored

NCMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Red Lariat Lightning
My truck was just repair under 23H01. I recieved an email and a phone call from Ford stating the same thing. They replaced a battery module. My dealership did not have an EV tech so Ford lined up an "engineer" to come to my local dealership to do the repairs. I let the Ford corporate rep handle everything. They scheduled my appoitment about a month out to allow for parts to be delivered and to shchedule the engineer to be present. Ford even made sure I had a loaner car during the process.

Also, Today the ford rep followed up with me to make sure the truck was performing as expected. She also threw in a 5 year, 75,000 mile extended warranty for free for my troubles which I thought was nice. I have 20,000 trouble free miles on my truck. Never had any issues with it before the repairs were made. I hope to have none in the future.

OP
OP
frautumn

frautumn

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I let the Ford corporate rep handle everything. They scheduled my appoitment about a month out to allow for parts to be delivered and to shchedule the engineer to be present. Ford even made sure I had a loaner car during the process.
Thanks @NCMike, that's very useful info. Fingers crossed it will go as well for me!

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Fun-Employed
Thanks @NCMike, that's very useful info. Fingers crossed it will go as well for me!
23H01 is the internal recall code for the battery module issue

contact the Ford rep, not a dealership

it should go much better for you

May even come with some perks