• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

F150 Lightning FORscan thread

Jeffgtx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 lightning
that was the advice i got from another member.
according to the livinitup spreadsheet, 726-39-02 is rain/light sensor present/not present. 01 changes it to present.

did you have to do any additional wiring? or did you just insert the sensor and plug it in?

Thanks.
Sponsored

phenem

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lightning Lariat
that was the advice i got from another member.
according to the livinitup spreadsheet, 726-39-02 is rain/light sensor present/not present. 01 changes it to present.

did you have to do any additional wiring? or did you just insert the sensor and plug it in?

Thanks.
I wonder if making that change allows for the factory wiring to be used in the BCM?

Factory wiring worked, install the rain sensor and make the changes and you should be good. One thing is though, you might need to swap out the wiper stalk for the auto rain sense vs the non-auto, that I wouldn't be able to test since I did the swap already.

Jeffgtx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 lightning
i do have the other stalk but didn't make the change since i cannot imagine what would be different in the stalk besides the A painted on it. i dumped a cup of water on it and nothing happened, but suspect it needs an actual rain event.

thanks for your replies.

Learch74

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E California Route 1 edition
Occupation
Network Engineer
I see the "Battery Target State of Charge" in the BdyCM module. Mine is set to 80%. I don't have any charge limits that are at 80%. I set all mine to 90%. Could this be where Ford derates the battery?

All the other settings in BdyCM seem to be Manufacturer only configurable. That's what makes me thing this is where Ford derates.

I just traded in a 510A for a 511A, wish I had tried changing this on the 510A before I traded it in to see what the range is. I was thinking a safe test might be to set it to 50%, then charge to full and see what happens to the range. Anyone have any knowledge about this setting?

Ford F-150 Lightning F150 Lightning FORscan thread Screenshot 2023-01-24 191830

Last edited:

awn123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Bronco/'05 F-250 6.0/'89 5.0 LX Mustang
Attempting to do the Glare Free Headlights and I am having some trouble I think. Truck is a Lariat 511

I am noticing the following after all the coding:
1) I have green "A" on Dash

2) Do not have glare free options in my settings menu under lights. Still has Auto high beams in menu
3) The lights do not go side to side on initial start up, do they still do that with glare free enabled.

4) Also noticed under 734-11-01 I can not get the "89" to stick, it always reverts back to "39" I'll write it but it will go back to 39

5) I am also getting a DTC HCM checksum error that I can not clear

6) Do I need to restart after I program each module or can I do it after I get them all done. And what's the best way to restart/reboot. I have the truck on, not started, and I just hit the start/stop button to shut off then back on.

One other thing I noticed once it didn't appear Glare free was working I went back to my original config. After that i noticed in the settings menu the option for glare free headlights had replaced auto high beams.

Any thoughts or help on what I might be doing wrong would be appreciated.
thanks
After closer inspection I noticed, like most that have problems, I got a line of code wrong. After getting that corrected everything seems to be working.

Reactions: GDN

Sponsored

Priccijr

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Iced Blue
Not sure if this has been asked already but on the first post instead of XX at the end of the code there is a --. Do we put the -- in or leave it as is?

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Not sure if this has been asked already but on the first post instead of XX at the end of the code there is a --. Do we put the -- in or leave it as is?
Leave as is. Only changes to make are the actual numbers.

OP
OP
vandy1981

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber

biers

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf
I installed the rain sensor, wire, and wiper stalk today. Took me about 20 minutes total, it was super fast and easy! Couple things I noticed:

1. Rain sensor install: There was already a spot and wire there for it in the stock harness, I have an SR Lariat 510A package. I just had to pull the plastic out of the way, I DID NOT remove the rear view mirror, I had plenty of room to work. I used their provided harness that I ran down to the clock spring harness, since I didn't want to continuity test the wire to the clock spring. My guess, based on what I could see, it would have worked with the factory wires, this might not be the case for all F150's though which is why I speculate they include the harness to cover all installation types.

2. Wiper stalk install: The only difference I could tell was the little A(auto) painted on the stalk, my guess is the stalk my truck had would have worked if the programming on the back-end was completed/enabled as well and the stack swap was merely cosmetic and for a future owner so they know it has the automatic wipers installed. But again, I couldn't confirm since my programming hasn't been updated yet.

3. Programming: This is scheduled for later in the week with them. They sent me a windows tablet with an OBDLink EX cable, which I asked them prior to purchasing this option if I could just connect them to my machine with the same cable and program, they said no. I understand why but also I am kind of annoyed about it since they said my cable wouldn't work, they shouldn't have lied about it.

Anything I should do before-hand that you guys want to see and compare before and after?
This is what I've got under the cover of my 2022 Pro... looks like I dont have the wire for the rain sensor, can you confirm?

Ford F-150 Lightning F150 Lightning FORscan thread tempImageAUXv0

phenem

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lightning Lariat
This is what I've got under the cover of my 2022 Pro... looks like I dont have the wire for the rain sensor, can you confirm?

tempImageAUXv0g.png
Correct I don't see it, attached what i have and circled the factory connector

Ford F-150 Lightning F150 Lightning FORscan thread IMG_0894

Sponsored

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
What I successfully configured today in FORScan:

OEM Bed Lights (works with Zone Lighting if your vehicle came with ZL)
Turn Signal Blinker - 5 Blinks
Open/Close Front Windows via KeyFob
Disabled Double Honk on Exit while Vehicle Running
Courtesy Wipe, 3 seconds (after windshield washer fluid is used, found in SCCM)

Configured but not verified yet:
Glare-Free Headlights

@GDN I noticed in an earlier post on Glare-Free headlights you were discussing High Beam vs Low Beam. It appears if you go into the SCCM programming (the non-AsBuilt) there are a couple options that might deal with this, namely "Adaptive Front Lighting System" and "Auto high beam". In AFLS there is an option to "1 - Enabled", and on AHB there is an option for "3 - Glare free high beam". I haven't messed with either of those, as I need to test and verify my original Glare-free settings work. My current settings on those (after changes I made today) are Disabled, and Adaptive Drive Beam.
So maybe this is only a Lariat and up option, but at least on my truck, the setting to disable the honk on exit with the vehicle running is already built into the settings menu.

vsansal

First Name
Volkan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro, Tesla Model Y Performance
Does anyone know a way of enabling zone lighting through FORscan? Looks like the 2023 Pro has this already enabled but my 22 is missing it.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Does anyone know a way of enabling zone lighting through FORscan? Looks like the 2023 Pro has this already enabled but my 22 is missing it.
Do you the Tow Tech package?

Priccijr

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Iced Blue
My one touch windows close stopped working before I tried the global with Forscan. Now I get the global open to work with the key fob but not the close. Anyone know how to renable the one touch close?

found it.
Sponsored

Last edited: