• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

F150 Lightning FORscan thread

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
Sorry if I missed it in this long thread, but should the wiper wipe one time on each start if leaving at the single drop after enabling the rain sensor?
Mine does not wipe one time at every start. I leave it in position one all the time.
Sponsored

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
did you guys have to do anything special after adding code for auto wipers and installing the rain sensor? just added it and it's not working. just wipes intermittent as before.
Nope but I did make the Forscan changes for the Wipers a few days prior to installing the sensor. Just because I was going into Forscan for the keypad changes. Not sure if that matters but my truck was cycled on and off through normal usage many times which could have helped.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I'm guessing this is just bad software and control from Ford. I have a Lariat, so I have the sensing wipers built in and mine do this on occasion. Truly I turn my sensing wipers off on the stalk if it isn't rainy out just to prevent this. When rainy I turn them to auto and let them do their thing, they are pretty good at it. When sunny, I turn them off.
The beautiful thing about this $40 rain sensor mod, is should you choose to not use it for whatever reason (and want to go back to normal, temporarily) you just deselect rain sensing in the Settings/Wiper menu.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
The beautiful thing about this $40 rain sensor mod, is should you choose to not use it for whatever reason (and want to go back to normal, temporarily) you just deselect rain sensing in the Settings/Wiper menu.
Yep - no doubt, but just confirming that even production installed wipers can have the same problem that is reported. They can be turned off from the stalk or in the menu for Lariats.

flyin525

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
I'm guessing this is just bad software and control from Ford. I have a Lariat, so I have the sensing wipers built in and mine do this on occasion. Truly I turn my sensing wipers off on the stalk if it isn't rainy out just to prevent this. When rainy I turn them to auto and let them do their thing, they are pretty good at it. When sunny, I turn them off.
i do t think it’s a glitch or “bad software”. Pretty certain you have the Courtesy Wipe feature enabled in settings. Turn it off and it should stop the rogue wipe.

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
i do t think it’s a glitch or “bad software”. Pretty certain you have the Courtesy Wipe feature enabled in settings. Turn it off and it should stop the rogue wipe.
I'm not going to dismiss bad software, but the courtesy wipe is where it wipes one last time after it thinks it is done. It waits a few seconds and then wipes.

I'm referring to wipers starting on start up of the truck when there was no wiper activity on the prior drive. This is either bad software or a sensor that is detecting something that really isn't there on startup.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I'm not going to dismiss bad software, but the courtesy wipe is where it wipes one last time after it thinks it is done. It waits a few seconds and then wipes.

I'm referring to wipers starting on start up of the truck when there was no wiper activity on the prior drive. This is either bad software or a sensor that is detecting something that really isn't there on startup.
I thought the courtesy wipe only applied to the windshield washing function?

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
I thought the courtesy wipe only applied to the windshield washing function?
You are correct, I described it wrong. It doesn't change however that it isn't a problem Ford needs to correct if turning this feature off stops the random wipe on startup of the truck.

3rdgenfan

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 XLT SR, G8 GXP, TDI Rabbit
Got my rain sensor in today, plastic protector came off in shipping at some point so the top of the sensor got a little marred up, hopefully doesn't affect anything.

But the good news is they must've just used the same wiring harness for the trucks as my '23 had the plug clipped in as previously mentioned in this thread. I initially didn't see the Rain Sensing option show up in the Wipers menu, but once I Pulled the negative terminal off for a few seconds and restarted the truck, it appeared.

Ford F-150 Lightning F150 Lightning FORscan thread 7ApJ1c0

Ford F-150 Lightning F150 Lightning FORscan thread 1ZEPwUw

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Got my rain sensor in today, plastic protector came off in shipping at some point so the top of the sensor got a little marred up, hopefully doesn't affect anything.

But the good news is they must've just used the same wiring harness for the trucks as my '23 had the plug clipped in as previously mentioned in this thread. I initially didn't see the Rain Sensing option show up in the Wipers menu, but once I Pulled the negative terminal off for a few seconds and restarted the truck, it appeared.

7ApJ1c0.jpg

1ZEPwUw.jpg
Pulling the negative battery can be avoided by resetting the modules after you program it in Forscan.

Sponsored

3rdgenfan

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pulling the negative battery can be avoided by resetting the modules after you program it in Forscan.
ADD must've kicked in while in FORScan since I forgot to look for the reset options. 🤦‍♂️ I even thought to look for it after changing the codes.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
ADD must've kicked in while in FORScan since I forgot to look for the reset options. 🤦‍♂️ I even thought to look for it after changing the codes.
All good. Glad you got it working!

jallen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 F150 XLT / 2023 Ford Lightning Pro

7ApJ1c0.jpg

1ZEPwUw.jpg
Let us know if it actually works or not when you try it out. Also, could you let us know your Trim and options? Thanks!

3rdgenfan

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Let us know if it actually works or not when you try it out. Also, could you let us know your Trim and options? Thanks!
Weather of course is rain free for about a week, but will keep you posted.

As for trim, it's an XLT 311A with just tow tech/max tow/9.6kw as the only options.

MichaelCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER, 22 Model 3 LR, 16 Stang GT
I just did my Glare Free today and tested after dark. I does require you to be going over 30 mph to have the Glare Free really be active enough to notice.

I did see that you can still force high beams with a pull back of the stalk (actually useful for me when at our cottage and in deep woods with another car every 20 mins at best).

The green headlight with the A will be the only icon in Glare Free that will be present. Try pulling the stalk to force high beams and then a double push to resume Glare Free. That may help confirm. Otherwise, I'd just do a quick review of the settings in the various modules to check.

I had to review ALL my entries twice on Global Windows until I saw it could be done in multiple text/non As Built modules.
I noticed when high beam was auto enabled, I don't see the high beam blue icon. I also noticed that if I enabled high beam manually, the auto headlight green icon goes away. Thought I did something wrong but it seems to be the expected result.
Sponsored