• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

First long trip Lehigh Valley PA to Ocean City MD

eyeguy

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 XLT, 2011 Shelby GT 500, 2016 Fusion
Occupation
Self employed
Taking my first 187 mile one way trip to Ocean City later today, Lariat ER battery at 100% shows 319 miles on the Dash. Only concern is recharging for the way back. I am having a FCSP installed in Maryland but that has yet to happen as I have just received it last Thursday. Anyone familiar with the charging availability there so I do not have to camp at a station for many hours. This will be my first away from home charging adventure.
Sponsored

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
Taking my first 187 mile one way trip to Ocean City later today, Lariat ER battery at 100% shows 319 miles on the Dash. Only concern is recharging for the way back. I am having a FCSP installed in Maryland but that has yet to happen as I have just received it last Thursday. Anyone familiar with the charging availability there so I do not have to camp at a station for many hours. This will be my first away from home charging adventure.
There's not a ton of fast chargers on the eastern shore of Maryland, if there are any at all. I believe there are some 50 kwh chargers that you could use, but obviously that'll take a while to charge up.

3rdgenfan

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 XLT SR, G8 GXP, TDI Rabbit
There is a bunch of DCFC at Royal Farms locations down Rt1/Rt 113 BUUUUT I think they were the old 3G ChargePoint stations so they're all down/covered up.

The pickings are slim unfortunately but you can likely top off at the Christiana Mall just south of Wilmington; I think they have a few EA chargers.

EDIT: I was wrong, the mall has some low rated DC chargers, the Wawa in New Castle is highly rated though: https://www.plugshare.com/location/190888

Last edited:

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
I'm in same boat when I head to Rehoboth later this year. I'm really hoping the volta 50kw chargers at the outlets nearby are enabled by then.

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
I'm in same boat when I head to Rehoboth later this year. I'm really hoping the volta 50kw chargers at the outlets nearby are enabled by then.
We're pretty backwards here on the eastern shore unfortunately.

Sponsored

Bills R Electric

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat
And the Biden Administration IRA money for Charging Stations is going to take several years to make it thru the process to the states, and then turn into Charging PODs we can use.
Plus, there is a restriction that the PODS paid for with the Federal Money must be within 1 mile of an exit off a Federal Hwy. That will limit where they go in the Eastern Shore would be my guess.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Our solution to lousy charging infrastructure in eastern shore was buying a second property there. Now I can easily make it with a standard battery pack and do overnight charging ;)

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
The best solution to the US-13 corridor for me will be Magic Docks on the Tesla Supercharger at Exmore. Virginia did not designate US-13 as an Alternative Fuel Corridor and no CCS DCFC is planned in that CCS desert. The delegate owns a couple NAPA parts stores and a tire store. At first, I thought that would be a good thing. There's a lot of beach traffic that travels through his district, which includes parts of Virginia Beach.

2000Firehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Ocean City essentially has nothing fast or reliable. There are a couple of city owned 50kw chargers but they have massive connection problems and kick you out constantly or are not on in general. There are plenty of slow chargers if you can just leave your truck parked for a day. Look for some Tesla spots where you can hook us with an adapter (non super charger of course). There are some around the area but they get placed behind parking for hotel guests only once busy season starts.

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
The best solution to the US-13 corridor for me will be Magic Docks on the Tesla Supercharger at Exmore. Virginia did not designate US-13 as an Alternative Fuel Corridor and no CCS DCFC is planned in that CCS desert. The delegate owns a couple NAPA parts stores and a tire store. At first, I thought that would be a good thing. There's a lot of beach traffic that travels through his district, which includes parts of Virginia Beach.
Exmore has magic docks? Exmore??

edit: I see, you were saying that would be a good solution. Yeah, I think hitting there, Salisbury, Ocean City, those would all be good. It's just sad we have no fast charging ccs stations anywhere on the eastern shore.

Sponsored

2000Firehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
There is a Walmart just outside OC with plenty of parking. It would be an ideal location for one of Walmart’s new chargers or EA. The other option would be one of the several Tesla stations at Royal Farms or Wawa right outside the city to have the CCS capable chargers. You could then reasonably jump from the DC area to Queenstown outlets (EVgo there now and EA chargers nearing completion) to Ocean City and not have any concerns.

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
The three new volta's in Rehoboth are gonna be so abused if they come online before anything else on Delmarva

Everything else on the map is slow junk or car dealers (or both)

Ford F-150 Lightning First long trip Lehigh Valley PA to Ocean City MD 1685026395880

3rdgenfan

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 XLT SR, G8 GXP, TDI Rabbit
GF and I may take the puppy down to Cape Henlopen and looks like the only well rated charger is a single 48A unit in Lewes.

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 150 lariat, 22 lightning lariat blend 4/18/22
@eyeguy

there is a Volta at premium outlets in queenstown & rehoboth 50kw

use plugshare and find some public on street charges though you’ll likely be at 9.6 and below,
but it beats 120v mobile charger.

my guess is that the Volta chargers will be in demand during tourist season.
I struggled round trip in December cold (Annapolis to rehobot) ER.

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
It's just sad we have no fast charging ccs stations anywhere on the eastern shore.
You don't have any good options on the south side of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel, either. A couple EVslo that never deliver because of their gimped cables.

After the great news today, it looks like we'll be able to "Bring-Your-Own-Magic Dock" to Exmore in 2024.
Sponsored