• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Article: https://driveteslacanada.ca/superch...veals-magic-dock-ccs-compatibility-hawthorne/

When Tesla launched the non-Tesla Supercharger Pilot program, the company added a filter to its ‘Find Us’ map in Europe to display Superchargers open to non-Tesla vehicles. On Friday night that same filter was added for the US map. Using the filter revealed just one Supercharger, and that was the one in Hawthorne, just around the corner from the company’s Design Studio. (h/t: @haydensawyer14)
Ford F-150 Lightning First Tesla Supercharger Location With "Magic Dock" CCS Compatible Plug Discovered hawthorne-supercharger-ccs
Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Can you see your Lightning ever being able to reach that short cord on a SC.

Magic dock does not seem to add any length to accommodate head in parking with Lightnings.

OP
OP
F150ROD

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Can you see your Lightning ever being able to reach that short cord on a SC.

Magic dock does not seem to add any length to accommodate head in parking with Lightnings.
No….. but maybe! If no one is around, park it sideways 🤣

If you look at the Cybertruck Charge port it looks like it’s further than all other Teslas in the fender, with some slack available,
so maybe.

Ford F-150 Lightning First Tesla Supercharger Location With "Magic Dock" CCS Compatible Plug Discovered DD0BC4F0-A0B7-4787-8EB4-2C17FF38C52E

256fail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 311A XLT
Occupation
Pilot
Please Elon, save us from horrible EA chargers.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Where there is a will there is a way.

However - I also have a Tesla, so please don't run over them. The good news is Tesla won't put up with BS. They find or prove damage and have captured your VIN I would hope they just block you from the network.

Ford F-150 Lightning First Tesla Supercharger Location With "Magic Dock" CCS Compatible Plug Discovered Teslasc

Sponsored

COrocket

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
It's a bummer (but not surprising) that manufacturers didn't standardize the location of the charge port on EVs to accommodate charging stalls without excessive cord lengths. Kind of like how you get caught off guard trying to gas up a rental car when the cap is on the passenger side.

thecoloradokid

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 PORSCHE TAYCAN and '22 Ford F-150 Lightning
It's a bummer (but not surprising) that manufacturers didn't standardize the location of the charge port on EVs to accommodate charging stalls without excessive cord lengths. Kind of like how you get caught off guard trying to gas up a rental car when the cap is on the passenger side.

This.

The Tesla cables are notoriously short and will not accommodate most EV's where their charging ports are currently. I have two EV's - a Porsche Taycan and a F-150 Lightning and both will struggle using a Tesla supercharger. Ain't no way in hell the current Tesla cable is going to reach the charging port in the Lighting when parking nose first.

Hopefully Tesla will eventually make a charging cable extension cord that can handle the power strain. This would prevent issues in the future, and not require them having to replace cables to accommodate most CCS compatible vehicles.

I could certainly see an instance where someone in a monster EV like a Hummer takes up 5 spots since that is the only way they could charge that beast at a Tesla location.

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
This.

The Tesla cables are notoriously short and will not accommodate most EV's where their charging ports are currently. I have two EV's - a Porsche Taycan and a F-150 Lightning and both will struggle using a Tesla supercharger. Ain't no way in hell the current Tesla cable is going to reach the charging port in the Lighting when parking nose first.

Hopefully Tesla will eventually make a charging cable extension cord that can handle the power strain. This would prevent issues in the future, and not require them having to replace cables to accommodate most CCS compatible vehicles.

I could certainly see an instance where someone in a monster EV like a Hummer takes up 5 spots since that is the only way they could charge that beast at a Tesla location.
Hummer EV plugs in on the left rear corner just like Tesla. If it isn't too wide it could probably charge without an extension with an adapter. Charge port location is something that really should become standardized. I just don't want what I already have to be in the wrong place. It is easy for level 2 charging with long cords, but DCFC has more limitations.

Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Hummer EV plugs in on the left rear corner just like Tesla. If it isn't too wide it could probably charge without an extension with an adapter. Charge port location is something that really should become standardized. I just don't want what I already have to be in the wrong place. It is easy for level 2 charging with long cords, but DCFC has more limitations.
Unfortunately, I think we're past the point of no return. I think Government does a lot of things it shouldn't, but regulating charge door location and charging standards should have been done a long time ago.

cwstnsko

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
The cable length issue will need to be addressed by Tesla, the cables on most of these chargers are liquid cooled, it not as simple as adding an extension cord.

AZT9

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Escalade, 2018 Tesla Model 3
I guess you park outside the lanes of the last stalls in a lineup and not screw anyone else
Up? There! Problem solved!

Ford F-150 Lightning First Tesla Supercharger Location With "Magic Dock" CCS Compatible Plug Discovered 6C2F7D63-A3FC-4A82-B505-300AC8DE0C46

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
Article: https://driveteslacanada.ca/superch...veals-magic-dock-ccs-compatibility-hawthorne/

When Tesla launched the non-Tesla Supercharger Pilot program, the company added a filter to its ‘Find Us’ map in Europe to display Superchargers open to non-Tesla vehicles. On Friday night that same filter was added for the US map. Using the filter revealed just one Supercharger, and that was the one in Hawthorne, just around the corner from the company’s Design Studio. (h/t: @haydensawyer14)
hawthorne-supercharger-ccs.jpg
There is no magic dock installed at this location currently. The thread title is misleading and I'd caution people to take this news with a huge grain of salt. It could just be a weird app bug--for instance, one of the Anaheim locations shows compatibility with GB/T, the Chinese charging standard.

Edit: and the CCS compatibility indicator has been stripped from the Hawthorne location already.
Sponsored

Last edited: