• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

FordPass Rewards points - use 'em or lose them

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
As I read a thread on another forum this morning about the potential for an adapter to be available via the Accessories.Ford.Com site in Spring 2024, and someone pointing out that you could use FordPass points, I thought reminding people that points expire might be in order.

FordPass points expire if no activity within a year two years. Activity is both spending and adding. Buy a car, get points, don't use them for a year two years, they're gone. Spend a few, or add to them, and the clock resets.

Before Ford made this a corporate thing (they used to be specific to your dealership), I kept mine going by buying a bolt and nut for $1.00. After the conversion, I used my 2021 purchase points to buy mats and such, and the remainder towards my 2021 (and dealer didn't deduct them), and then used my 2022 points to buy my Lightning (and dealer didn't deduct them either).

Also, did you know that you can get points credited to ANY FordPass account? My mother has no account, and she had service done and bought new tires. Tires had a rebate, X dollars or X times 2 points. I got all of that credited to my account by her dealer.

So remember, points expire in a year two years if not added to or subtracted from.
Sponsored

Last edited:

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
I was wondering about this the other day but saw this on the FAQ section of the app.
Ford F-150 Lightning FordPass Rewards points - use 'em or lose them IMG_0458 (Small)

Edit: missed that your mom didn’t have an account so they used yours. But just to clarify you can‘t move over from one account to another.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RickLightning

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That was changed from one year to two years recently. I have modified the post.

No points were gifted. Points were never awarded to the original person, only to me.

TerryNelsen

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Electrician
As I read a thread on another forum this morning about the potential for an adapter to be available via the Accessories.Ford.Com site in Spring 2024, and someone pointing out that you could use FordPass points, I thought reminding people that points expire might be in order.

FordPass points expire if no activity within a year two years. Activity is both spending and adding. Buy a car, get points, don't use them for a year two years, they're gone. Spend a few, or add to them, and the clock resets.

Before Ford made this a corporate thing (they used to be specific to your dealership), I kept mine going by buying a bolt and nut for $1.00. After the conversion, I used my 2021 purchase points to buy mats and such, and the remainder towards my 2021 (and dealer didn't deduct them), and then used my 2022 points to buy my Lightning (and dealer didn't deduct them either).

Also, did you know that you can get points credited to ANY FordPass account? My mother has no account, and she had service done and bought new tires. Tires had a rebate, X dollars or X times 2 points. I got all of that credited to my account by her dealer.

So remember, points expire in a year two years if not added to or subtracted from.
Ford F-150 Lightning FordPass Rewards points - use 'em or lose them Screenshot_20230810_062256_FordPass

TerryNelsen

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Electrician
I was wondering about this the other day but saw this on the FAQ section of the app.
View attachment 70883
Edit: missed that your mom didn’t have an account so they used yours. But just to clarify you can‘t move over from one account to another.
Points expire in 2 years.

Sponsored
OP
OP
RickLightning

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Points expire in 2 years.
The expiration WAS 1 year. It was changed by March 20 of 2022. I have modified my post.

Here's their page from 12/8/22:

Do FordPass Rewards Points expire?

FordPass Rewards Point balances expire and are forfeited when a member has not earned Points, redeemed Points or fulfilled a reward earned through FordPass Rewards for 365 consecutive calendar days. App usage does not qualify as activity needed to keep Points from expiring. To help in these uncertain times, expiration of FordPass Rewards Points has been extended to December 31, 2021, for Points earned prior to January, 2021. Points earned after January 1, 2021 will expire at the 365-day mark with no other activity.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Stuck thread for easy access and future reference, looking forward to burning the rest of my points on the NACS adapter, that will open options for longer road trips while hauling my trailer in the 2024 race season.

ryun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6, 2023 Lightning XLT SR
I have a minor quibble with ford pass points: you can only use them in even numbered increments. i.e. - attempting to use 20001 points will result in an error.

The reason is every 200 points is worth $1, meaning an odd number will result in half a penny remainder. I don't know why Ford thought this was a good idea.

Calvin H-C

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Focus Electric 2017, F150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Technical Trainer/Writer - Wayside Railway Signalling Maintenance
Nice to know, but here's another rule to be aware of:

You only receive points on an invoice that has BOTH parts and service labour on it.

Seems simple and possibly obvious, but I recently had an A/C issue on a vehicle. Had to go through the diagnosis of recharging with dye to find the problem. Diagnosis cost about $700 but no FordPass points apply because there were no parts on the bill.

Purchasing parts from a dealership doesn't get you any points since there's no labour charges.

OP
OP
RickLightning

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nice to know, but here's another rule to be aware of:

You only receive points on an invoice that has BOTH parts and service labour on it.

Seems simple and possibly obvious, but I recently had an A/C issue on a vehicle. Had to go through the diagnosis of recharging with dye to find the problem. Diagnosis cost about $700 but no FordPass points apply because there were no parts on the bill.

Purchasing parts from a dealership doesn't get you any points since there's no labour charges.
Correct. Has to be parts and labor.

From the FordPass points FAQ:

Earning Points:

• Having your vehicle serviced (retail repair orders only) at a participating dealer (restrictions apply.)

How do members earn Points in the service drive?

Members will earn Points when they purchase a Ford, Motorcraft® or Omnicraft™ part and any associated labor from a participating Ford dealer. Members will earn 10 Points per $1 spent. Non-Ford parts or services will not earn Points.

Earning is limited to repair orders with a Ford, Motorcraft or Omnicraft part.

Sponsored

LightningCanuckNB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I got $200 worth of points from buying my Lariat.

I decided to put it toward a bed mat. Almost exactly cancelled out the price.

OP
OP
RickLightning

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I got $200 worth of points from buying my Lariat.

I decided to put it toward a bed mat. Almost exactly cancelled out the price.
Don't know how you got $200 worth. 22,000 points = $110.

OP
OP
RickLightning

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have no idea how points are calculated all I know is my salesperson said I had $200 in points. I am in Canada.
Canada is totally different, yes. Hadn't noticed that when you posted.
Sponsored