• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Heading to the dealer for Low Voltage Battery Sensor replaced (CSP 23B70) and the High Voltage Battery Module/BECM software update (CSP 23B57)

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I dropped my F150 lightning off this morning for the update, and have the battery sensor replaced.
After dropping it off, it was discovered that the update had been applied when I bought the vehicle in December, but for some reason is still showing up as needing to be done.

They replaced the battery sensor.

However, my low-voltage battery used to consistently read 90 or 91%. After the sensor replacement, it’s only reading 70%.
Will this affect future over the air updates?
I don't think it will, several folks have observed successful updates with even lower LVB SOC's lately.
Sponsored

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
I dropped my F150 lightning off this morning for the update, and have the battery sensor replaced.
After dropping it off, it was discovered that the update had been applied when I bought the vehicle in December, but for some reason is still showing up as needing to be done.

They replaced the battery sensor.

However, my low-voltage battery used to consistently read 90 or 91%. After the sensor replacement, it’s only reading 70%.
Will this affect future over the air updates?
Give it some time. Mine was stuck in the 70s and 80s for the first few weeks after replacement (still better than the 40-50 before) but now it regularly shows 90s. I actually saw 100% after a day trip last week. It probably needs some time to learn.

Lucky Larry

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning, RX 350, GMC SIERRA, Pontiac Solstice
I had both CSP's completed yesterday Thursday March 21st. CSP 23B70 has dropped off my Ford pass app and CSP 23B57 is still showing up. I received Ford Power-up version 6.2 on Monday before taking the truck in for service and i received Power-up 6.4 today. It Looks like i have several more updates to go to catch up to Power-up version 6.14

The part number for the low voltage battery monitor sensor is ML3Z 10C679 B.

WeedmanU

First Name
Manu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning 2023 ext.
Occupation
Cie owne
The sensor takes about 5 minutes, I believe they budget 18. The BECM update is usually all that is needed, no module replacement.
Your said that you need to replace the modul. But it s seem Ford is able to replace a physically faulty module by bluetooth. For very less the price. 🤣

Last edited by a moderator:

WeedmanU

First Name
Manu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning 2023 ext.
Occupation
Cie owne
Your said that you need to replace the modul. But it s seem Ford is able to replace a physically faulty module by bluetooth. For very less the price. 🤣
It s seem like a joke but maybe they hired David Copperfield... A world of possibility whit magic 😅

Sponsored

Tclark5

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
I don't think it will, several folks have observed successful updates with even lower LVB SOC's lately.
Just dropped mine off this am for battery sensor and 10,000 mile service. My adviser had a new 23 gas F150 reserved for me, she said we are so busy, might keep over night. Great dealership!

PreservedSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
I had both CSP's completed yesterday Thursday March 21st. CSP 23B70 has dropped off my Ford pass app and CSP 23B57 is still showing up. I received Ford Power-up version 6.2 on Monday before taking the truck in for service and i received Power-up 6.4 today. It Looks like i have several more updates to go to catch up to Power-up version 6.14

The part number for the low voltage battery monitor sensor is ML3Z 10C679 B.
Pretty much exactly the same experience.
They didn’t have a rental for me, they provided me an Uber, which gave me just enough time to get from the dealership to work before they called me and said the truck was ready and provided an Uber right back there.
23B57 still showing up in the CSP

23B70 has vanished from the CSP

Currently 6.4, looking forward to 6.8.

RideTheLightning23

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
blog.iagil.net
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Lightning
After a month of asking, my dealer just called to schedule these CSP's for next week. I guess they have a mobile tech that is coming to the house. I just went online and 23B70 still shows, but 23B57 disappeared, so not sure what they plan on actually doing. For the low voltage battery sensor, it's consistently showing 90-95%, but I guess it'll get replaced anyway. I've only received a couple of updates since buying the truck a 6 weeks ago, stuck at Power-Up 4.2.3.1.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
After a month of asking, my dealer just called to schedule these CSP's for next week. I guess they have a mobile tech that is coming to the house. I just went online and 23B70 still shows, but 23B57 disappeared, so not sure what they plan on actually doing. For the low voltage battery sensor, it's consistently showing 90-95%, but I guess it'll get replaced anyway. I've only received a couple of updates since buying the truck a 6 weeks ago, stuck at Power-Up 4.2.3.1.
So CSP 23B57 can be done by mobile tech and you don’t need to take it to dealer?

Has anyone received an OTA for this? or Ford has completely stopped pushing OTA on this one? I have a trip coming up and if stuff hits the fan it would be nice to be able to crawl somewhere instead of being stuck in middle of a highway. I was going to wait until I hit the 10K and get all CSPs done but if mobile tech does 57, I will try to do it before my trip.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
So CSP 23B57 can be done by mobile tech and you don’t need to take it to dealer?

Has anyone received an OTA for this? or Ford has completely stopped pushing OTA on this one? I have a trip coming up and if stuff hits the fan it would be nice to be able to crawl somewhere instead of being stuck in middle of a highway. I was going to wait until I hit the 10K and get all CSPs done but if mobile tech does 57, I will try to do it before my trip.
Yes, they can do the BECM update in the field, but if the module test comes back with concerns they will probably recommend service soon, depending on the severity of voltage disparity.

Sponsored

Wattsun

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Ford F150 Lightning
Occupation
Owner Landscape Co.
Had mine done today in and out in 2 hours. Arrived 7:00 out 9:10
Ford F-150 Lightning Heading to the dealer for  Low Voltage Battery Sensor replaced (CSP 23B70) and the High Voltage Battery Module/BECM software update (CSP 23B57) IMG_0007

Armadillo

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 Lightning
I was having issues with the 23B57 (Over the air, not performed at a dealer) update not sucessfully updating. My truck had been stuck on it for about three weeks giving me an error that the update was interrupted by another process. Likely because I did not have the low voltage Battery sensor replaced yet as part of 23B70. I set the truck to update every night in the hopes that one day after a long drive, it would update sucessfully. The truck finally completed the update, and that morning, immediately after the update, I had the dreaded service wrench, and the powertrain malfunction/reduced power notification. The truck still drove, with reduced power to 56/57%, and it would not let me charge the battery above approximately 60%. The truck also had the active code P0B24 - EV Battery 'A' Voltage Unstable, and about a 4% cell variation as reported by Car Scanner. The truck is at the dealer, going on week four since the update, currently waiting for a replacement module to arrive from Ford.

I am sure there was an issue with the high voltage pack/module prior to the update. I take long trips on the same route every so often and notice I was arriving home with lower range (15% or so less) than expected lately, with no real justifiable reason, prompting me to stop and charge when I would not normally. I did not really think too much of it at the time. My Truck is one of the first 2022 Lariats with a-little over 16,000 miles on it. I am assuming the update changes how the hv battery is monitored to identify a problem sooner, before the entire truck shuts down and becomes undriveable, and it just happened to catch the issue with my truck. I was able to drive the truck for a few days until the dealer was able to give me an appointment to drop the truck off.
Sponsored