• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Home Charging Station recommendations?

markmore

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Lightning Lariat SR
I have both the Ford Connected Charge Station and the emporia level 2. The Ford unit was installed at a home we are selling and so I've uninstalled it and it's now back in the original packaging. I'd be happy to sell it if anyone is interested.

I purchased the emporia based on the SOC video reference earlier, as a second charger for our main home.

As a small comparison of the two. The emporia is installed in our current home. They both do the job. The Ford system is visible with the Ford pass app and can be managed there. Setting charging parameters, etc. The emporia unit has it's own app and some of the details can be set in both the Ford pass app and the emporia app, which can be a little weird. Just want to be mindful you're not providing conflicting configurations for that setup. The emporia also does a nice job of showing actual costs based on the price we pay for kwh. Kind of a cool feature. If you have other items (solar power, etc.) that can be managed with the emporia app, that adds value to that choice.

Honestly, I'm happy with both. They both run on a 50 amp circuit and 240 outlet/plug configuration I have for this purpose without any issues. Both can be hardwired, as well, to boost to a 60 amp circuit. So far that power hasn't been a necessity for my purposes.

I just don't need two.

Hope that helps a little.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jetsfan17

Jetsfan17

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT SR, 2023 Mustang Mach E Premium
Thank you to everyone who has responded. I have decided to go with the Emporia Level 2 48 amp. It will be hard wired as I have plenty of space on my electric panel.

Now if I could just get a Blend date for my truck :)

Peddyr

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat SR
I have both the Ford Connected Charge Station and the emporia level 2. The Ford unit was installed at a home we are selling and so I've uninstalled it and it's now back in the original packaging. I'd be happy to sell it if anyone is interested.

I purchased the emporia based on the SOC video reference earlier, as a second charger for our main home.

As a small comparison of the two. The emporia is installed in our current home. They both do the job. The Ford system is visible with the Ford pass app and can be managed there. Setting charging parameters, etc. The emporia unit has it's own app and some of the details can be set in both the Ford pass app and the emporia app, which can be a little weird. Just want to be mindful you're not providing conflicting configurations for that setup. The emporia also does a nice job of showing actual costs based on the price we pay for kwh. Kind of a cool feature. If you have other items (solar power, etc.) that can be managed with the emporia app, that adds value to that choice.

Honestly, I'm happy with both. They both run on a 50 amp circuit and 240 outlet/plug configuration I have for this purpose without any issues. Both can be hardwired, as well, to boost to a 60 amp circuit. So far that power hasn't been a necessity for my purposes.

I just don't need two.

Hope that helps a little.

Did you see a difference in the charging rate between the Ford and Emporia?

markmore

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Lightning Lariat SR
No difference in the actual charging performance that I could detect. I believe as long as you're delivering comparable amps to the EV, the charger (in the vehicle) determines the charging curve. These things are really smart power supplies.

From a clean sheet of paper, I would probably go with the emporia. It gives similar results for almost half the cost to acquire. It doesn't have some of the bells and whistles (integration with Ford's app), but it charges equally as well. And, isn't charging the EV what it's all about?

Last edited:

EmporiaEnergy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Emporia EV Charger
Thank you to everyone who has responded. I have decided to go with the Emporia Level 2 48 amp. It will be hard wired as I have plenty of space on my electric panel.

Now if I could just get a Blend date for my truck :)
Thank you for choosing the Emporia 48 Amp Level 2 Smart Home EV Charger!

I you need any support while getting starting, and beyond, our Colorado HQ-based team is always happy to help via phone, email, and chat at https://www.emporiaenergy.com/contact.

Of course, we're here on the forums a bit, too!

dcp9142

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning, Mach-E. Previous Tesla S, X, Volt
Autel’s works great for me. Only downside is if you are in sub freezing climate you may find the cable a bit stiff. Software is good, and you can hardwire to your Ethernet or use Wi-FI. For mounting outside, it has option for you to use a RFID card to unlock the station. So only authorized folks can charge.
Sponsored