• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Hot shower system for the frunk?

Ken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER
Have you checked out these? Hitch mounted might work as an option. Leave the black in the sun and let the solar do the work. https://thewaterport.com/
Sponsored

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
My son-in-law installed these in their upstairs bathroom sinks to address heated water delays from their whole house tankless system. I see Bosch makes a hard wired 12A/120V 7 gallon model that you might be able to install a wired plug……

https://www.amazon.com/Bosch-Mini-Tank-Tronic-3000-ES4/dp/B0148O65IE/ref=as_li_ss_tl?dchild=1&keywords=Bosch+Electric+Mini-Tank+Water+Heater&qid=1588615053&sr=8-1&linkCode=sl1&tag=applianc08-20&linkId=98f662cd4b483683b852ed793d8818f0&language=en_US&th=1

Last edited:

dirtdiver

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Superduty F350, F150L 2022 Larait, Volt, R1200GS
Occupation
Engineer

DiveMan911

First Name
R.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'06 Acura TL, '13 Ford Escape
So was looking for the same thing…I ended up with the immersion heater stick in a bucket with a simple battery operated pump. It works…quite well to be honest, but it’s not a clean solution. I’ll be watching to see if there are any good suggestions.

Sponsored

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
why not keep it simple and simply plug in a coffee maker to make hot water, pour that into your 'bladder' or water tank, and have a 'warm' shower...

in our campers, over the years, we've tried 120v 'instant' in-line water heaters, but they are barely perceivable as 'warm' water - there is just not enough time for the heat to reach the racing water, especially not for a need such as a shower. Even the 240v models had issues with internal tripping and not operating as quickly as needed.

Simsonic

First Name
Sebastian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
I’m looking for a solution too. Currently I use two old washer detergent bottled filled with hot water from home. The colder the weather is the less warm my after surf shower is.

RedLightning86

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning (Lariat). 2009 Escape Hybrid.
Or, go with a 12V/Propane hybrid (https://www.joolca.com/products/hottap-v2)…I know it defeats your goal, but you’ll get plenty of hot water……🔥💦
Bro's - JOOLCA rocks! Camping with mine this year in my truck camper, is amazing to have running water, and hot when you want it! Uses propane to heat, but heats wicked fast and plenty hot. I even got a shower awning bolted to my GoFast Camper so I can shower like a BOSS.

Now to the Lightning - This year, I did all that with my hypbrid F150. The downside to Joolca is takes up more storage space; so for my longest trips, I actually left the heater at home, and just ran a 12v water pump. That is where the Lightning frunk comes in, because from here on out when camping, my Joolca lives in the frunk, and will be the old guy with the s**t eating grin on my face after a shower. Be warned though, that will suck down the water pretty quick. I roll with an 18 gallon RV-style tank, and that can go quick with showers... but worth it if you have good water supplies. And don't forget how much cleaner dishes are when using hot water; when not, mine build up a bit of a greasy film.

Attached pic shows my setup, with my 18 gallon water tank at front of bed on the right, including my hi-tech water guage (slot in wood). The awning is off the R topper side rail, not open in this pic. But does show the Joolca hose and faucet; to add the shower/water heater, the blue hose would just be plugged into the Joolca water heater, and red hose comes out to shower, which attaches magnetically to a steel plate on the GFC camper side door (which is aluminum).
Currently, I just power the 12V pump off a Jackery (the orange box there), because that way I didn't have to wire a switch, LOL. Turn on or off the 12V socket on the Jackery, and water flows. Could use it to truck AC, but would have meant an intermediate inverter step anyway for the 12v pump, and I am lazy, would rather be hiking and driving!

links:
gofastcampers.com
joolca.com
jackery.com

Ford F-150 Lightning Hot shower system for the frunk? IMG_1081

OP
OP

MM in SouthTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
I might just go with the RinseKit. One worry, though, is that it will drain the 12V battery. The 12V heat stick draws 20A/266W. I would only use it while driving or with power on. Does anyone know if the draw would be excessive for the 12V side of the electrical system?

They are developing an alternating current version. I might wait for that.

Happy Thanksgiving all.

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
I recall that the Lightning has 50 or 55 amps available for 12v accessories. It is posted here somewhere but too tired to look right now. I would simply have the truck "running" to ensure it doesn't drain the 12v battery.
Sponsored