• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

How long after "sold" does it take for Ford to recognize it's sold?

Dinozero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning ER Lariat
I apologize if this is the wrong forum header to put this under, I wasn't sure.

I am hoping to get the attention of any dealers or sales rep that can answer this question for me.

I've owned my truck for almost a month and 2,000 miles and my truck still hadn't been reported as "sold" to Ford yet. Can't get my Sunrun charger, can't get my Ford ESP I purchased applied, and I'm getting a little annoyed. Ford.com still shows no warranty start date etc.

Anyways, I've emailed my finance manager a few times and finally yesterday I was told "It's been reported to Ford as sold now, but there's no free chargers that come with the truck" which is... LOL

TLDR: Allegedy my truck was marked as "sold" yesterday. But I still don't have a warranty start date or anything on Ford.com How long does it take after it's marked "sold" before things start to recognize its really sold.. like so Sunrun can see it and another dealer can attach an ESP to my account?

Thanks,
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I think it should appear within a day or two, have you gone through all the acknowledgements for connectivity approvals on the truck sync screen? Hopefully the recent account updates the dealer did will post to the corporate database and your clocks will show the effective dates of actual sale. Being this is an unusual delay in getting the DEALER to do his job FoMoCo might likewise take some time to update records.

OP
OP
Dinozero

Dinozero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks. I did hear back from the dealer I purchased the ESP from (separate place) and they confirmed that today on their backend system they can see a warranty start date, and the ESP shows as active instead of pending.

So at least part of their systems have updated. The ford.com site still doesn't know I'm the owner yet. I'm gonna call Sunrun today and see if they can tell.

FLSpartan04

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Lightning XLT ER
Do you have a loan from Ford on the truck?
Does this matter? Mine shows as sold and SunRun has my information, but says it’s not “confirmed”. They said it will not ship until confirmed. Does the confirmation have to do with financing? Thanks!

Sponsored

Danface

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT
Does this matter? Mine shows as sold and SunRun has my information, but says it’s not “confirmed”. They said it will not ship until confirmed. Does the confirmation have to do with financing? Thanks!
Just wondering if you're paying for something you don't "own". It may be a way to push the dealership to get it squared away.

FLSpartan04

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Lightning XLT ER
I just called again on mine. He said they have everything as of now and it should ship later this week and I should have it early to mid next week. Maybe call again. Also, do you see a warranty start date in the FordPass app? I am told that is a good way to show your paperwork was properly processed to show as sold.

Danface

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT
I just called again on mine. He said they have everything as of now and it should ship later this week and I should have it early to mid next week. Maybe call again. Also, do you see a warranty start date in the FordPass app? I am told that is a good way to show your paperwork was properly processed to show as sold.
Yes, I see the date of my purchase as the "Warranty Start Date" under "WARRANTY" tab on the app.

OP
OP
Dinozero

Dinozero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

That's for the validation. That's what I've been checking each day. Still no date yet.

But on the backend system or whatever, a rep from the dealer I bought my ESP from sent me a "screenshot" of their system showing a warranty start date. So FORD knows I got my truck, it'll just take a few days or so until all the apps and things have updated.

Sponsored

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
That's for the validation. That's what I've been checking each day. Still no date yet.

But on the backend system or whatever, a rep from the dealer I bought my ESP from sent me a "screenshot" of their system showing a warranty start date. So FORD knows I got my truck, it'll just take a few days or so until all the apps and things have updated.
Ask @rugedraw to run your VIN and send you the PTS page with the vehicle details. It should show who the owner is and all the info about warranties, in-service date etc. Unless I'm not fully understanding what the problem is here...

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
PTS has been unable to pull any connected data for the past two days, but I should be able to pull warranty info.

Edit:

Chances are, I would be sending you the same screenshot.

Balke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat
Similar thing happened to me when I bought my truck. I suspected it was sunrun trying to buy some time for shipping the charger out. Initially they said their system said not sold so I talked with dealer and they said they entered it into the system as sold... I went back to sunrun and they still said nope so i messaged dealer and they said yep. Then I had to get pushed up the ladder at sunrun which sent me to a case manager who said they had trouble with the system that shows if a truck is sold or not but they will ship out but it was a week before it would. Then they pushed that date back like 3 more weeks but he did notify me regularly that it would be delayed. My suggestion is to push sunrun to get someone on it.

rh192

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
My Ford Charge Pro Station arrived within a week of purchasing the vehicle. I bought the truck on March 7,2024 and charger arrived by March 13.

Warren

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Carpenter
Took several phone calls and texts for mine to get marked "sold" Was a cash deal, so no financing involved. All in all it took over two months.
Sponsored