• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

I am tired of Fords BS

KevinTisdale1

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
retired
So after waiting months for my Ford Pro Charger. I am just going to file a Small Claims action. I mean when they wanted the $85k for the purchase. I was Johnny on the spot. The fact I have already purchased another charger and they screwed out of my military discount. They need to pay me for stuff they did not performed on.
Sponsored

Grease Lightning

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT
Ford made a mistake to let Sunrun to handle the deilvery. They can simply throw the charges in the truck.
Ford made a mistake of forcing us to pay for them with the ER package. But hey I was able to finally sell the unwanted crap for $500.00🤷‍♂️

Sponsored

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, and more...
Occupation
Semi-retired electrical/computer/software engineer
Ford made a mistake of forcing us to pay for them with the ER package. But hey I was able to finally sell the unwanted crap for $500.00🤷‍♂️
You got $500 for it? Luckeeeeee…. Twice now, I thought I had a buyer for mine at $350 and then both potential buyers ghosted me.

Might have better luck selling it in another month or three when more 2024’s are in the wild since they no longer included the Charge Station Pro. But it’s a pretty limited market. The only people who want it are those that think they have to have a glowing ”Ford” on their wall or those who want the home power integration. 2024’s can’t utilize the 80A charging ability and having a CCS connector on it makes it a problem for those with EVs that only have a J1772 and not CCS if they’d like to share the charger.

Replika

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MR. PLOW - ER Lariat
Took me 9 months, many emails, texts, and calls to get it delivered.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
You got $500 for it? Luckeeeeee…. Twice now, I thought I had a buyer for mine at $350 and then both potential buyers ghosted me.

Might have better luck selling it in another month or three when more 2024’s are in the wild since they no longer included the Charge Station Pro. But it’s a pretty limited market. The only people who want it are those that think they have to have a glowing ”Ford” on their wall or those who want the home power integration. 2024’s can’t utilize the 80A charging ability and having a CCS connector on it makes it a problem for those with EVs that only have a J1772 and not CCS if they’d like to share the charger.
Did they drop the onboard charging capacity on the 2024 models? I hadn't heard that!

tnugentfl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 lightning lariat ext range
I called Sunrun after I took my truck home, found the number online. They had the wrong customer information, but I had it at my house in less than a month. They were very responsive to me.

Sponsored

Oafy44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 ford lightning
Occupation
Landscape contractor
So after waiting months for my Ford Pro Charger. I am just going to file a Small Claims action. I mean when they wanted the $85k for the purchase. I was Johnny on the spot. The fact I have already purchased another charger and they screwed out of my military discount. They need to pay me for stuff they did not performed on.
this is what I did
called my sales rep and the dealership got the regional rep involved. Somehow 3 days later a charger showed up at my door.

Makes me think the regional rep knows how to get a charger delivered. I know for a fact if I didn’t get the regional rep involved I would have never got it. “Supposedly” since my truck is I. A company name - Sunrun system didn’t have a “home address” to send it to and can’t/ won’t send it to a company address.

that was over a year ago so a lot of “excitement and energy” has changed with dealers and others trying to bend over backwards to help the EV transition

detansinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red F150 Lightning Lariat Extended Battery
Did they downsize the onboard charger for 2024?
Yep. The prices changes didn't come from nowhere. The MY22/Early MY23 trims were fully loaded. Since the MSRP reductions, Ford has been quietly de-contenting the cars. In some areas, it's less obvious than others.

I was lucky to get mine within a week of my truck's arrival, but I have yet to install my Charge Station Pro. We currently share a 40A charger at the house between the EVs. Unless it's especially cold outside, I don't leave my F150 plugged in everyday.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Did they drop the onboard charging capacity on the 2024 models? I hadn't heard that!
Yes, with the exception of PRO-ER's targeting commercial needs where faster recharge might be needed for multiple (2) shift usage.

Dave70

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning
Call Ford about the military discount. When I bought mine in October, the first responder $500 discount wasn't eligible for the Lightning. Forward a couple of months and then it did qualify. Called Ford and they told me to have the dealership resubmit the rebate. Dealer did it for me, and a week later I had a check in the mail from Ford for $500. They'll honor a rebate eligibility change for 120 days from the date of purchase I was told.
Sponsored