• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
My A2Z delivery was perfect.
Box was in great shape.
Shipped overnight delivery ($15 extra).
Ford F-150 Lightning I got it 🙌 [A2Z adapter], have you? A2Z
Sponsored

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
Got mine today. Gonna try it out this weekend. :cool:

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
With everyone getting the A2Z, what are you guys going to do with it when the Ford adapter comes? I thought about this long and hard before ordering this and I told myself that I'd sell it somehow.

What's your plan with the extra adapter? 🤔

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
With everyone getting the A2Z, what are you guys going to do with it when the Ford adapter arrives? I thought about this long and hard before ordering this and I told myself that I'd sell it somehow.

What's your plan with the extra adapter?

johnnyonetime

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
Just tried my adapter
70% to 82% 16kW in 11 minutes $5.44
Ran at 120 kW/hr then dropped off to 50 after 80%. The lock to the supercharger is tricky, may have been pushing the parts together too hard.
Glad to have it and know that it works!
Ford F-150 Lightning I got it 🙌 [A2Z adapter], have you? IMG_1295

Only took up one space, was a model 3 parked next to me.

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
With everyone getting the A2Z, what are you guys going to do with it when the Ford adapter comes? I thought about this long and hard before ordering this and I told myself that I'd sell it somehow.

I will auction it to the highest/most desperate person.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
With everyone getting the A2Z, what are you guys going to do with it when the Ford adapter arrives? I thought about this long and hard before ordering this and I told myself that I'd sell it somehow.

I thought about selling mine. I only ordered it to insure I had a way to use the Tesla network on my trip to Norfolk later this month. I have no confidence in Ford delivering the free adaptor in the time frame they have given.

But after the way the company has responded to people on this forum, I don't want to take a sale away from them and will just keep it as a spare. Or maybe it will turn out to be better than the freebie and I'll use it as my main adaptor.

TheBigBezo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Mine came in today, going to be heavily appreciated on my upcoming 2,400 mile journey to the West Coast. My official Ford one will have to mailed to me along my travels, eventually. I will keep both. That way, should one fail, I can swap out.

NCMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Red Lariat Lightning

I was originally going to sell it. Demand will be high as all the other OEMs get access to the supercharger network. Although keeping it as a spare does sound smart. What's stopping someone from hitting the unlock button by the charge port and unplugging you and stealing the ford provided adapter?

Jimbalf

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
I plan to keep it as a spare as well. I too can imagine someone might take a liking to the adapter. Maybe a good idea to etch an identifier on it in case someone claims it as their own.

Sponsored

tls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
I have worked for two companies that stopped shipping with UPS because of similar problems. I can tell you from painful experience that if you file an insurance claim, they will probably deny it because the "item was improperly packed".

They did this to us with a box they literally ran over with a truck. The box was delivered to our customer with a huge dent in the middle - it was practically shaped like a "U" - and tire tread marks clearly visible in the bottom of the dent. Inside was a roughly $20,000 storage array that we had carefully packed with expanding foam bags.

Our legal department advised that the costs of suing UPS would exceed any recovery we could expect for a loss of "only" $20,000. We banned all shipment by UPS the next day. The drivers can be great people but their corporate model is clearly to fight, fight, fight and never pay a claim for lost or damaged merchandise. Ugh.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Keeping A2Z as a spare in case it gets stolen as the Ford EVs dont' lock the CCS port...

I tend to walk away and charge unattended.

ddbrooke

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Mine came today from an order on 3/6. I tried it out tonight and it worked perfectly. It's a really tight fit which required me to push it against the cement to get it seated. The lock on the bottom has much less travel than I expected. I wasn't sure if it moved when I tried to lock it, but I got a blue oval and it started charging.
I charged at a 6 stall in Monroeville, PA. It's apparently a very busy location and the Ford Pass app showed 1 of 6 available when I headed there. Fortunately there four open when I got there and I promptly took two of them. Another Tesla owner pulled in and walked around to my window and welcomed me to the club. We had a great 20 minute conversation.
Plug and Charge worked. It's what I've been waiting for. The Tesla experience of it just working without wondering if you're going get a charge.

TNVolFan

First Name
RG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT Stanard Range

I will probably sell the A2Z. I think. There is always an upside to keeping one around in the chance the Ford version stops working.
Sponsored