• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Just received phone call for next wave, wave 4?

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I would love more solor, but the roof on our old house can't take the weight. We put what we could on our addition about 6 years ago, but it is only a 2kw system. It doesn't come close to covering our normal usage before EVs, but we did the max we could.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Roy2001

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
For solar, I am with PG&E, which has starting price $0.27/kWh winter off peak time. Summer peak is more than $0.42. When I charge, price would be $0.3-0.4. Which makes no economic sense.

Fortunately I installed 6.5kW system (almost) 4 years ago. It generates 11.5k kWh per year. With a Prius Prime, I use close to 10k kWh per year. So I got paid (less than 3 cents per kWh) by PG&E under current NEM 2.0.

My annual bill should be $3000+, I paid $13k for solar installation, so my break even period is around 4 years.

With one more EV I could end up to pay PG&E. That really sucks.

Normanrabbit

First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee
I’ll have to check them out I love Costco!

And I should clarify I am in Colorado, not California.

My electric company more restricts what they match for kw into the system. So if I’m looking to bank some it would hurt me a bit if I have over a 10kw system. Cuts matching or “credits” to 30% if memory serves. I’m not even sure how big a system over that I could even get on my roof lol.
I am in Texas and I installed a 9 kw system. I stopped paying $100 a month and get paid about 200

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
I haven’t watched an install but I figured they would have mounts that slid under the shingle instead of straight through them lol.
I know! I'm sure each company uses different mounting systems and techniques for different size panels, but i shit u not, i watched from my upstairs bedroom window as the installers just drove in bolts into the roof! I know Dish satellite installers do the same crap. My roofer took down our dish when we had the roof redone and refused to put it back up after. He showed me the bolts they used and said to find a different spot to mount it. So i did lol.

Ruination

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 EcoBoost
Occupation
Chemist
The SRECs in Maryland right now are high enough that my solar is already breaking even with the loan.

I have a 7.6kw system. Really wish I went with 10 or 12.

Sponsored

ohjabarn

First Name
Ohja
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Occupation
Marketer
I use the costco solar (sunrun) and my break even is less than 6 ask them for a free quote. Costco member also get discount on equipment
I'm one of the Costco members and I just receive a Costco Shop Card valued at 10% with their qualifying Sunrun solar purchases.

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
I'm one of the Costco members and I just receive a Costco Shop Card valued at 10% with their qualifying Sunrun solar purchases.
I purchased a new washer/dryer recently from Costco but never received the $300 shop card. Was it emailed to you or did they physically ship one out?

Tell It Right

First Name
Tell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Standing seam roofs are the best residential option for solar. The rails are clamped to the standing portion. No penetrations thru roofing materials.
My solar is installed in a similar fashion. I have a metal roof with standing seams. However, my solar panels aren't clamped to the seams because I have too much wind. Mine are screwed through the seams (the high points of the seams). I had another roofer go behind the solar installers and make sure it was all sealed well. Also, when it rains the rain doesn't flow on the high points of the seam anyway.

Mack303

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Ford
Occupation
Operations
I agree the ratio of Pros will be better for MY2023. Ford definitely wants to make money, which they can do best on higher trims, but they also want to saturate the market before GM and Tesla get fully up and running. They want the lightning to be synonymous with electric truck.
While next MY prices could go up, I'm hopeful Ford will throw a bone to people with reservations and reward them with near similar pricing(or better pricing on XLT+). My understanding is they threw in some perks to mach E orders who had to wait longer than expected.
I hope so I'm wave 3 1 of 8 ordered in my area . XLT standard but would like to up the range without the additional packages or at least up the voltage to 9 kilowatt

Sponsored
OP
OP
Roy2001

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
Wave 3 but same issue .got XLT standard
Just found out that XLT SR does not have heated seats, this plus the missing heat pump make it miserable during winter. You have to choose between more cold miles, or heat up the whole cabin with resistance heater.

The only REAL update from Pro to XLT for me is 360 camera. I really hesitate to place an order.

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
91' Skyline GTR Sold, 16' Shelby GT350 Sold
Occupation
U.S. Navy IT
The only REAL update from Pro to XLT for me is 360 camera. I really hesitate to place an order.
There is a package option to get 360 camera on the Pro unless I'm mistaken. If you check in the build tool you will find this option under the "tow technology package" for $1948, very expensive for what you get but it does include the onboard scale.

OP
OP
Roy2001

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
There is a package option to get 360 camera on the Pro unless I'm mistaken. If you check in the build tool you will find this option under the "tow technology package" for $1948, very expensive for what you get but it does include the onboard scale.
For Pro, $40k is just right without heated seats or 360 camera. But for $13k more I don't see any real upgrade except 360 camera.

PA Lightning

First Name
Tbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro
Approaching Wave 4. Chatter should start picking up. Seems like this Forum gets a lot less activity between Waves.