• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lariat on the way! Favorite accessories?

Maddogaxl

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2023 lightning
What's your favorite accessories? I've been reading a lot about stubby antenna change which is appealing. I also want to find a way to bettor organize the front. also thinking of getting the front bar light wrapped and maybe the windows tinted in the front to 35%.

welcome and and all ideas.
Sponsored

EdRudy

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Lightning ER Iced Blue Silver
Occupation
IT
A few of my favorites:

BestEVMod:
Screen protector, screen knob cover, Storage Box Organizer Center Console Tray, Frunk Cargo net

hikinbengal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Outback, Jeep TJ, Audi A3
Occupation
Engineering Progam Manager

Sponsored

brewski

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L Platinum
Occupation
Yes
  • Floor mats of your choosing.
  • I'm a fan of a complete antenna delete. Go to a hardware store, in the "specialty fastener" drawers and grab a 1/4-20 x 1/2" black, shaped to your liking. FM will still work just fine.
  • I got that center console organizer tray, which I like, but there is a ton of unused space below it and removing the organizer is not something to do frequently.
    --I just realized I should see if the 120v charger fits below there. And/or my Tesla adapter
  • Teslatap 80amp adapter since we already had a Tesla wall connector
  • I have the factory bed liner, but also got the husky bed liner which is a ruberized liner for the bottom only. I don't want to scratch my bed liner (I know it is a truck, but still).
  • I do not have a screen protector but like the idea of the mat finish version.
  • PPF on the front bumper/front hood/A-pillars/front roof, mirrors
Edit: the portable charger & my Teslatap fit nicely under the console organizer

Last edited:

doolin64

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost & 2019 Mustang GT Conv
Occupation
Real estate
I'd skip the screen protectors unless you are using sandpaper gloves. My RAM and '21 F150 have no scratches. I need to clean smudges here and there, but that's all.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
What's your favorite accessories? I've been reading a lot about stubby antenna change which is appealing. I also want to find a way to bettor organize the front. also thinking of getting the front bar light wrapped and maybe the windows tinted in the front to 35%.

welcome and and all ideas.
First thing I did was get rid of the whip antenna. I love my antenna cap.
I also have the Ford Retrax Tonnue, which I like and use quite a bit.
Installed the OEM trailer camera and TPMS system which is good if you tow.
Also threw on the Ford bed extender, which hasn't been as useful as I anticipated.
I also bought a Lectron 48A adapter then promptly replaced it with a TeslaTap 80A, which I use every day.
Installed wireless/magnetic chargers on the headrests for the kids so they'll leave me alone.

My favorite though are my tow mirrors. I love being able to see everything.

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat

Sponsored

Thunder1809

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, Carbonized Grey
Occupation
Engineer
Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat on the way!  Favorite accessories? IMG_0016
I I ride bikes and wanted a rack in the bed. I have a Kurt hitch rack but it sticks out further than I wanted. Put a Ride88 rack in. https://www.ride88.com/ford-f-series can be removed easily but holds the bikes firm. Bit expensive so I just got the 2 bike rack. I put the bike in with the rear wheel in the rack and turn the front wheel so it fits in the bed.

Thunder1809

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, Carbonized Grey
Occupation
Engineer
Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat on the way!  Favorite accessories? 1696647858268
I also put on one of these license plate holders that connects to the tow hook. I didn’t like the way the factory holder looked in the middle of the grill. This is from Swarfworks and it is built stout. I did have to put a shim on it to get it to be level.​

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
Like others have said, a screen protector is a worthy investment, even if scratches aren't a concern, a matte screen protector makes the display much more viewable in direct sunlight and protects against an object damaging the display during sudden maneuvers while driving. (Think your phone or keys flying into the display during a sudden stop)

https://amzn.to/3PFU7qC

All weather floor mats are a must and although most seem to go for the husky liners, I find these better as they offer more coverage. Obviously if you still have the underneath storage that Ford is deleting for 2024, these will fit!

https://amzn.to/46FGMFO

I also love my mudflaps, even though it was months after I got them that I finally put them on because I was worried about how I'd like the look and possible impacts on highway wind noise and range. I personally haven't found any appreciable impact on range and no noticeable increase in noise.

You'd obviously want to order these from Ford, but if you wanted a much cheaper set, that's still listed as directly compatible, these are available on Amazon: https://amzn.to/48JIFTr

And the last thing I can think of right now is my tonneau cover. I knew I wanted something hard (to prevent theft and damage), but I didn't want to spend a ton. I ended up going with this cheap one. It's thicker and not super low profile, but very affordable and unlike much pricier options, required no drain tube installation and other than a couple drops by the tailgate, keeps the bed almost always bone dry, even during torrential rain.

It is a tri fold so there is some lost of horizontal bed opening, but there is also a quad fold if you wanna reduce that loss some more.

https://amzn.to/3F7NIiZ

Jseis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
July 2021 SR MME, July 2023, Lightning Lariat
Extended Range, Power running boards, tailgate step, sliding rear glass, rear cameras, zone lighting, Pro power outlets, hard rollup tonneau, moonroof, heated & cooled seats, front and rear obstacle detection, Azure Gray, under seat folding storage . I guess the complete package. If we weren’t 80 miles from BlueCruise route, maybe that’d be valuable? As it sits our Lariat would probably spec at $85,000+ except now you can’t option it this way.

Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat on the way!  Favorite accessories? IMG_1264

Last edited: