• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

GreasyLightning47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota, Lexus
Hello everyone !

Long time no post. I ended up getting a 4dr bronco outer banks since the lightning got priced out for me from the time our reservations were placed. My dealer informed me that reservation holders were able to order a pro last week. I canceled so I never got that email. However, I was on ford website just a moment ago and it seems the pro's are now available? The ability to order a pro makes it enticing that's for sure. I am just in the dilemma of waiting for a 24' with the point-of-sale tax rebate or will Ford hike up the price again?
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Hello everyone !

Long time no post. I ended up getting a 4dr bronco outer banks since the lightning got priced out for me from the time our reservations were placed. My dealer informed me that reservation holders were able to order a pro last week. I canceled so I never got that email. However, I was on ford website just a moment ago and it seems the pro's are now available? The ability to order a pro makes it enticing that's for sure. I am just in the dilemma of waiting for a 24' with the point-of-sale tax rebate or will Ford hike up the price again?
No one knows what prices will be in the future.

2024 brings the OPTION of getting the tax CREDIT (not a rebate) at time of purchase, BUT you will still have to qualify for it come tax time, otherwise you'll have to pay it back.

Shady

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150xlt
with them stacking up on the lots I would assume prices will drop again or incentives will be coming out

KurtsRPMGarage

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro, 22 Tesla Model 3, 03 C5 Z06
Occupation
Geologist
I could see them doing a few incentives in the future to get things moving. However I do feel the Pro is very competitively priced at 50k. An ice XL crew cab with 4x4, the 3.5 hybrid and nothing else is 49k msrp. The pro is way better equipped than that.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
The "A" Plan discount is higher on the 23's too. Not by much. But it shows Ford is serious about selling every one they can make.

I bet by the end of the 24 model year they open up the extended battery to retail PRO's.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Yes I'm seeing Pro special ordering open to the general public now.

Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
The email we got last Tuesday said "We’ve opened ordering of the Pro model for a limited time, exclusively to reservation holders. The window to order will close on Au‍gust 7th [yesterday], but may close sooner as quantities are limited and are expected to sell out quickly"

Apparently the limited quantities available were not taken nor did they sell out quickly ......

cdherman

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAV4 Prime, 2016 Leaf
Well, there remain a lot of pickup truck users that are not thinking electric. I have numerous in my family. Got my brother on board for one. Hope for delivery soon. Actually having something electric "in your hands" makes you feel different about the next one.

I'd love to see the stats of how many EV users migrate back to ICE. Some do, doubtless, because infrastructure puts a major bind on some users.

And there are numerous pickup truck drivers that just don't want to be the first guy at the job site with an electric truck. They may not agree with the EV naysayers, of whatever ilk, but they are aware they will get sh*t and just don't want that.

Sad.

The pro for that price is a great value for TONS of real truck users......

Randall Stephens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Jet Builder
with them stacking up on the lots I would assume prices will drop again or incentives will be coming out
I think the XLT ERs will fare much better than the Lariats have. I think they’ll use some XLT incentives to keep things moving, but the Lariat is already a much better buy with the tax credit than the XLT is imho, so I suspect they’ll hold the line on its pricing.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
The way pricing is now, I'm guessing a lot of people are willing to pay the $5k for the features added to the pro. Originally it was $13k difference and not worth the upgrade, in my opinion.

Also to get adaptive cruise you have to go to XLT. I foresee a lot of people who want an EV want at least that level of driver assist.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I've received an email from Jake B at FoMoCo, the Lightning-Pro will be available to the public through August 16th 2023, with one caveat .... if demand is high the order window could close sooner!!!!

So those on the fence, make your decision ASAP!!!!
Sponsored