• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Maintenance Schedule - 10k service

RainorshinePNW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Lightning, Lariat ER, black/black
Anyone had this done yet? How was the experience and/or what was the approximate cost? I was surprised to get the notification, still adjusting to the EV vs ICE expectations. List seems reasonable enough. Haven't looked yet for the full schedule, but curious what the major milestones are.

Ford F-150 Lightning Maintenance Schedule - 10k service Screenshot_20220918-092649
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Ostrichsak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Ford needs to realize what Tesla did: regularly scheduled maintenance intervals on an EV are pointless. Especially during the factory warranty term. If you need new wiper blades or your windshield washer fluid needs topped off... you know.

This is another example of legacy manufacturers struggling to let go of the old ways at best. At worst, it's an attempt to use outdate tactics to get customers back in the dealership no matter how inconvenient. In other words, classic car dealership BS.

Don't worry, I'm sure your Ford dealer will email you a 50% off oil change offer for being such a good customer too. :LOL:

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
There are certain items that require maintenance at certain intervals. Cabin air filters, brake fluid and coolant come to mind.

Also, inspection of items such as steering components and half shaft boots are a good idea, especially if your state (such as Virginia) does not have a mandatory state safety inspection program.

Sponsored

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Ford needs to realize what Tesla did: regularly scheduled maintenance intervals on an EV are pointless. Especially during the factory warranty term. If you need new wiper blades or your windshield washer fluid needs topped off... you know.

This is another example of legacy manufacturers struggling to let go of the old ways at best. At worst, it's an attempt to use outdate tactics to get customers back in the dealership no matter how inconvenient. In other words, classic car dealership BS.

Don't worry, I'm sure your Ford dealer will email you a 50% off oil change offer for being such a good customer too. :LOL:
I'm pretty sure a tire rotation works best on a scheduled interval. While they've got it in the bay, just give everything a quick inspection, good to go.

Ad hoc inspection is just asking for trouble..even an EV has parts that wear down with use. Waiting for something to fail completely rather than addressing a potential issue in advance is the quickest way towards major expensive repair bill.

Ostrichsak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
I'm pretty sure a tire rotation works best on a scheduled interval. While they've got it in the bay, just give everything a quick inspection, good to go.

Ad hoc inspection is just asking for trouble..even an EV has parts that wear down with use. Waiting for something to fail completely rather than addressing a potential issue in advance is the quickest way towards major expensive repair bill.
If you think 10k miles is a good interval to rotate your tires to prolong their life on something like a heavy EV with endless torque... you're in for a rude awakening.

Most independent tire shops recommend 5k or some even as low as 3k on these types of cars even at their own resource expense for those who buy tires through them and get free rotations. Don't be surprised if you don't even see 10k miles before you need to replace them on the OEM fitment soft tires. I've had several sets now replaced around that mark with a substantial prorated wear warranty credit.

No way would I even attempt to wait 10k miles for a tire rotation on a Ford Lightning. Conversely, much of what's listed in that list would easily go 10x that mileage before you even need to look at it let alone do anything with it.

The point is, this tire rotation item (much like everything else I see listed in that 10k list) is kind of an arbitrary interval at 10k. It kind of feels like they just threw a bunch of crap together to make it seem like you really need to do it because.. y'know... safety and such.

Last edited:

Silenze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The maintenance is a joke. They will just have their 18 yr old tire and lube "tech" do the inspection. Not a real mechanic. In fact every one of my multi point inspections on previous vehicles has been pencil whipped by the service advisor.

Sponsored

Simsonic

First Name
Sebastian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
But seriously, shouldn't we rotate the tires every 5,000 miles?

Oafy44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 ford lightning
Occupation
Landscape contractor
But seriously, shouldn't we rotate the tires every 5,000 miles?
Yes. An if you have a local shop nearby and have time 3k is even better. Many on here who have owned diesel trucks like myself and /or all terrains + insane amount of torque means these tires need regular rotations - more the better in order to get 40-60k at best. My guess since these aren’t rated E’s or even LTs we should be happy at 35k with all the torque.
I just put on nitto recons 116t stock size and I’ll be happy if I get a little over 35k on these bad boys.

Simsonic

First Name
Sebastian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
Yes. An if you have a local shop nearby and have time 3k is even better. Many on here who have owned diesel trucks like myself and /or all terrains + insane amount of torque means these tires need regular rotations - more the better in order to get 40-60k at best. My guess since these aren’t rated E’s or even LTs we should be happy at 35k with all the torque.
I just put on nitto recons 116t stock size and I’ll be happy if I get a little over 35k on these bad boys.
There isn't anything different about these tire rotations, so any normal tire shop should be able to do them, correct? (Like Discount Tire, Evans, etc)

Oafy44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 ford lightning
Occupation
Landscape contractor
There isn't anything different about these tire rotations, so any normal tire shop should be able to do them, correct? (Like Discount Tire, Evans, etc)
Correct. You can go anywhere . The only difference is if you never had a sports car/ car with low profile tires / a truck or vehicle with any significant amount of torque ….tires will wear faster then what you are used to.

Beaux

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 Platinum, 2021 F150 Limited
If you think 10k miles is a good interval to rotate your tires to prolong their life on something like a heavy EV with endless torque... you're in for a rude awakening.

Most independent tire shops recommend 5k or some even as low as 3k on these types of cars even at their own resource expense for those who buy tires through them and get free rotations. Don't be surprised if you don't even see 10k miles before you need to replace them on the OEM fitment soft tires. I've had several sets now replaced around that mark with a substantial prorated wear warranty credit.

No way would I even attempt to wait 10k miles for a tire rotation on a Ford Lightning. Conversely, much of what's listed in that list would easily go 10x that mileage before you even need to look at it let alone do anything with it.

The point is, this tire rotation item (much like everything else I see listed in that 10k list) is kind of an arbitrary interval at 10k. It kind of feels like they just threw a bunch of crap together to make it seem like you really need to do it because.. y'know... safety and such.
14k on my factory tires and they are looking great. I did the 10k service at the dealer. Only issue was they forgot to refill the washer fluid 😂
Sponsored