• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Make the truck shut up already

neririn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 MachE
Anyone who owns a Ford knows how much they LOVE their chimes.

If there was a MotorTrend 'Annoying sounds constantly played at high volume' award Ford would be the reigning "back-to-back-to-no other company has actually come close to beating them in the history of the award" champion.

So yeah, any idea how to make it stop? I got a power up update today where Ford was proud to announce a LOUDER chime. Really? LOUDER?

Who on God's green earth thought ANY chime needed to be there at all, let alone louder!?

If I sell this truck it will only be for my sanity.
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Try reading what it says. It is the chime when the frunk is not properly closed. In normal use, you will never hear it.

MRButtler

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Lightning
My dash doesn't say "Active Air Dam" anymore, but I know it's munched a few birds.

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
Fewer annoying chimes. Stolen from another poster here:

Switching the Seatbelt Reminder On and Off

WARNING WARNING: While the system allows you to deactivate it, this system is designed to improve your chances of being safely belted and surviving an accident. We recommend you leave the system activated for yourself and others who may use the vehicle.

Note: The driver and front passenger warnings switch off independently. When you perform this procedure for one seating position, do not buckle the other position as this cancels the process.
Note: If you are using MyKey, you cannot disable the seatbelt reminder. Also, if the seatbelt reminder has been previously disabled, it will be re-enabled during the use of MyKey.
Read Steps 1 - 4 before proceeding with the programming procedure.
Make sure that:

The parking brake is set.
The transmission is in park (P).
The ignition is off.
The driver and front passenger seatbelts are unfastened.

Switch the ignition on.Do not start the engine.

Wait about one minute until the seatbelt warning light switches off. After Step 2, wait an additional five seconds before proceeding with Step 3. Once you start Step 3, you must complete the procedure within 30 seconds.

For the seating position you are switching off, buckle then unbuckle the seatbelt three times at a moderate speed, ending in the unbuckled state. After Step 3, the seatbelt warning light switches on.

When the seatbelt warning light is on, buckle then unbuckle the seatbelt. After Step 4, the seatbelt warning light flashes for confirmation.

This switches the feature off for that seating position if it is currently on.
This switches the feature on for that seating position if it is currently off.

Sponsored
OP
OP

neririn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 MachE
Try reading what it says. It is the chime when the frunk is not properly closed. In normal use, you will never hear it.
I have read it. Does the frunk just randomly come open while driving?

If not, how/why am I going to need an alarm while driving. If so, FIX THAT. Frunk should not open while driving. Heck, it won't even continue to close while in drive, why would it be allowed to open?

Chimes are not a fix. :).

I do realize how first world a problem this is, I am simply looking for a way to have less chimes not more.

Last edited:

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have read it. Does the frunk just randomly come open while driving?

If not, how/why am I going to need an alarm while driving. If so, FIX THAT. Frunk should not open while driving. Heck, it won't even continue to close while in drive, why would it be allowed to open?

Chimes are not a fix. :).

I do realize how first world a problem this is, I am simply looking for a way to have less chimes not more.
Frunk closes, but isn't properly latched. Moron drives 80mph and frunk flies open. "I didn't hear the chimes" he says.

This is not the sound it makes when opening or closing.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
OP
OP

neririn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 MachE

Sponsored

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
Anyone who owns a Ford knows how much they LOVE their chimes.

If there was a MotorTrend 'Annoying sounds constantly played at high volume' award Ford would be the reigning "back-to-back-to-no other company has actually come close to beating them in the history of the award" champion.

So yeah, any idea how to make it stop? I got a power up update today where Ford was proud to announce a LOUDER chime. Really? LOUDER?

Who on God's green earth thought ANY chime needed to be there at all, let alone louder!?

If I sell this truck it will only be for my sanity.
Better louder than adding in additional chimes….or is that the next update?

lakeguy55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat, 2011 F-150, 98 Expedition
Was driving mine for only the 3rd time yesterday. All of a sudden a chime at full volume almost made me go off the road. Then a few more. No obvious indication on either screen what it was for. Later, after stopping, finally figured out it was telling me that I got some texts. Then spent the next half hour searching here, Google, etc. to try to figure out how to turn it down or off. One of those ones that there are about 10 different suggested ways out there. Took a while to find the one that worked for me.

chopedogg

First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
I'd simply like to be able to disable the beeping sound when opening/closing the Frunk...anyone know if that's an option? I couldn't find it.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Was driving mine for only the 3rd time yesterday. All of a sudden a chime at full volume almost made me go off the road. Then a few more. No obvious indication on either screen what it was for. Later, after stopping, finally figured out it was telling me that I got some texts. Then spent the next half hour searching here, Google, etc. to try to figure out how to turn it down or off. One of those ones that there are about 10 different suggested ways out there. Took a while to find the one that worked for me.
You do realize that this was your phone, connected to the truck, making the noise, because you connected it, right? The truck did nothing on its own...

Anytime the truck makes a noise, turn the volume down while it is making the noise. This applies to things like Google Assistant, phone noises, etc. Truck chimes cannot be turned down.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator: