• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Manual charge port unlock

Dylanch

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Found this while snooping can unlock charge port manually. Just incase a dcfc gets locked in there I presume
Sponsored

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
Sorry upload didn't work

20220622_194219.jpg
Thanks! Your post prompted me to dig back into the Owners Manual🤓…missed the first time through……….your picture adds some context to diagrams……
Ford F-150 Lightning Manual charge port unlock EA545A9C-5A7C-4B23-A895-38752505004A

Ford F-150 Lightning Manual charge port unlock 8391484F-D8FA-4671-BDEA-5F25A3717F13

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
I might could have used a similar option when my Nissan Leaf was held 'hostage' at a GeorgiaPower/ChargePoint DC Fast Charger - since Chargepoint uses an 'app' and a 'screen' based pedestal, with no real 'physical' buttons, I could not get the screen input/touch to respond to my 'STOP CHARGING' command. And, since it would not respond, it also would not UNLOCK the cable end from my car.
After a long phone call, the agent was FINALLY able to disable the charging unit and have it 'stop' charging... 15 minutes of additional charging I had not asked for, but was charged for, regardless. Since I used the 'guest' entry on the app, versus having an 'account', they said they were not able to 'refund' me anything since they didn't know 'who' I was....(????) Really?? Crazy.

Yes, you will also need an 'emergency' disconnect from any type of Charging cable if a situation arises that causes a 'hostage' situation. I'm sure my Nissan Leaf had one, but I never even thought about it. Makes sense.

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
Charging port on VW ID.4 has held me hostage several times, including at home when trying to get to an appointment.

First time was at the first DCFC charge at an Electrify America. You have to cut the carpet to get to the emergency release. I had to go into Walmart to buy a pack of single-edge blades. I got the carpet release hatch cut and opened, fished out the yellow release ring and the cable to the release pulled right out. It had not been attached at the factory. That required more carpet removal to get the rest of my hand up to the release and a trip to the dealer to get it fixed.

Anyway, great information for all drivers to know about the Lightning. Be prepared and don't resort to drastic measures before trying to manually release using the helpful procedure posted above.
Sponsored