• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

My 2023 Lightning Lariat is getting a battery pack replacement!

Airboss

First Name
TImothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lighting
Occupation
Airport Operations Manager
Raise hell about this. This is unacceptable and you should take it to another dealer. We are far too complacent when dealers tell us this. It's not a warranty claim till it's diagnosed, which is why you're not getting a loaner. Get them to look at it today, or give it back to you so you can take it to another dealer. Get the service manager's attention, or even better if they have a customer relations person. Plaster bad reviews on Yelp and google if you need to.
I raised hell the day I had it towed in. I called the three nearest dealers and was told they are all backed up right now. I do not live near a Ford dealer. I'm going to give them untl the end of the week and if there is no movement, I will have it towed somewhere else.

Whammy Bar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1971 F100 + 2022⚡Lariat ER
Occupation
Electrician
I raised hell the day I had it towed in. I called the three nearest dealers and was told they are all backed up right now. I do not live near a Ford dealer. I'm going to give them untl the end of the week and if there is no movement, I will have it towed somewhere else.
Why? Lemon that thing the day its eligible and buy another one at a discount.

Airboss

First Name
TImothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lighting
Occupation
Airport Operations Manager
Why? Lemon that thing the day its eligible and buy another one at a discount.
Colorado Law only allows this after the vehicle has been in the shop 4 or more times for the same issue or after 30 days of being at the dealer. At this rate, Im going to reach 30 days and then I will file a claim.

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
UPDATE- Ford agreed to the buy back and has sent me and offer sheet. The offer sheet includes a 15000 user fee. I only used the truck for a year.
Using the IRS mileage rate for 2024 (67¢/mi), that would be a mileage charge of $13,400. I don't know what they use for various state Lemon Laws.

A loaner is a must - how can they avoid that?
Colorado Law only allows this after the vehicle has been in the shop 4 or more times for the same issue or after 30 days of being at the dealer. At this rate, Im going to reach 30 days and then I will file a claim.
Some states' Lemon Laws don't rack up days when a loaner is offered. If it's 4-6 weeks for them to look at the truck, it might be something to take into consideration if there's any way you can make do without one.

Sponsored

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
UPDATE- Ford agreed to the buy back and has sent me and offer sheet. The offer sheet includes a 15000 user fee. I only used the truck for a year. Does anyone have experience dealing with a buy back, especially in negotiating down that you usage fee?
This is rediculous. How many miles did you drive? Offer them at most half of that.

BTW, will they buy back at your purchase price?

Fireetr73

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lariat Lighting
Occupation
Firefighter
This is rediculous. How many miles did you drive? Offer them at most half of that.

It is ridiculous, I countered with 5000 and I feel that’s generous considering they sold me a lemon, and I’ve been out of a vehicle for five months.

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
It is ridiculous, I countered with 5000 and I feel that’s generous considering they sold me a lemon, and I’ve been out of a vehicle for five months.
If anything can make you feel better, you can buy another Lightning and claim $7500 again.

Sponsored

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
Same issue here. 2023 F150 XLT SR. 14k miles, dealer has the truck, said it would be 4-6 weeks before they would even look at it. No loaner at this time.
Was the Ford BEV team called 866-631-3788, or is it 833-385-0516, or maybe 800-392-3673 ? Geez, I have a lot of numbers on my phone.

Fireetr73

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Firefighter

UPDATE! We negotiated the 15000+ user fee (22000 miles) down to half 7500. Now waiting on turn it instructions and a check. I’ve included the offer sheet. Having a lawyer helps and FORD paid 1500 of the lawyer fees.

AI_Speed

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Investor
UPDATE! We negotiated the 15000+ user fee (22000 miles) down to half 7500. Now waiting on turn it instructions and a check. I’ve included the offer sheet. Having a lawyer helps and FORD paid 1500 of the lawyer fees.
Best of luck on the close out - did you pay some of the attorney fees - and did they offer a discount on a new Ford?

Fireetr73

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Firefighter
Best of luck on the close out - did you pay some of the attorney fees - and did they offer a discount on a new Ford?
Thanks, attorney fees were covered, so I didn’t have to pay anything. I made it clear at the beginning that I was interested in a new Ford vehicle.

AI_Speed

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Investor
Thanks, attorney fees were covered, so I didn’t have to pay anything. I made it clear at the beginning that I was interested in a new Ford vehicle.
So - FMC is offering you a new discounted Lightning or are you on your own to work with a dealership?
Sponsored