• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Navigation App Is Suddenly Missing

FirstF150InCasco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
The Navigation App is suddenly missing. Does anyone know (a) what caused this and, (b) how do I fix it.

I know the app is not great but -- of all the apps -- it has (in my opinion) the best data about chargers close by. So, I'm not looking for a new / different app; I'm just looking to get the Ford Navigation app back on my Lariat.

Thank you very much.
Sponsored

OP
OP
FirstF150InCasco

FirstF150InCasco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
The Navigation App is suddenly missing. Does anyone know (a) what caused this and, (b) how do I fix it.

I know the app is not great but -- of all the apps -- it has (in my opinion) the best data about chargers close by. So, I'm not looking for a new / different app; I'm just looking to get the Ford Navigation app back on my Lariat.

Thank you very much.
I solved this problem on my Lightning. Turns out in my case it was operator error on my part. I forgot that the "Navigate" option can be brought back to the screen by pressing on the top center "button" (my profile picture). Thanks for the help.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Nav is typically my main screen and if not it is one of the cards down below. A few times now though it is completely missing when I start the truck. Definitely a bug. And yes, have to click on center button and choose Navigation to get it back.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Screen tabs age to the right, second to last touched function will always be furthest left on the tab bar, dragging the tab bar horizontally will reveal older (infrequently touched) functions off the right side of the screen.

You can also remove/forget/delete a tab by touching and pulling downward on it.

trailcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning - Lariat ER
Anyone have an issue where the navigation app disappears from the previously used app cards at the bottom of the screen (15 inch portrait screen)? All other apps I've used show up in cards, but routinely the navigation card will disappear from that list and I have to go back to the main apps screen and choose it.

I wish we could just choose our favorite apps to show up in the cards instead of the system showing previously used apps.

Sponsored

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
Anyone have an issue where the navigation app disappears from the previously used app cards at the bottom of the screen (15 inch portrait screen)? All other apps I've used show up in cards, but routinely the navigation card will disappear from that list and I have to go back to the main apps screen and choose it.

I wish we could just choose our favorite apps to show up in the cards instead of the system showing previously used apps.
Yes on both my Lightning and MME. Nav is gone from the screen and there's no card. I then have to go back to the home screen and tap nav to get it back.

I just don't even bother to report this stuff anymore.

trailcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning - Lariat ER
Yes on both my Lightning and MME. Nav is gone from the screen and there's no card. I then have to go back to the home screen and tap nav to get it back.

I just don't even bother to report this stuff anymore.
I figured. Sorry you're going through this too.

Makes no sense why they don't make the cards act like a dock.

TheWoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum, 2021 Bronco Badlands
I figured. Sorry you're going through this too.

Makes no sense why they don't make the cards act like a dock.
Yep. Same issue. I wonder if the memory management fully closes Nav at times? It feels like when an app completely closes on your phone and it's no longer in the recent apps.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired

Yup, I noticed that this evening as I was heading out to coffee run, only tab was Radio, earlier in the day I had Nav, Energy & Radio available, just hit the button to bring it back real quick from the home/apps screen. This must be another niggling defect in the 6.8.0 update.

USA EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Pro, 2015 FIAT 500e
Man, the 12" UI sounds much more simple and intuitive. 😀

Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Yup, I noticed that this evening as I was heading out to coffee run, only tab was Radio, earlier in the day I had Nav, Energy & Radio available, just hit the button to bring it back real quick from the home/apps screen. This must be another niggling defect in the 6.8.0 update.
Nav disappearing has been happening for me way before 6.8. Maybe a year.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Nav disappearing has been happening for me way before 6.8. Maybe a year.
Agreed, it's been intermittent, though more reliable after certain updates, I don't call when it was more stable vs the current disappearing act.
Sponsored