• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored
OP
OP
jimfigler

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
I called Ford customer service, and the rep had no knowledge of another price increase. She put me hold to check further but came back and said again she could not find anything that indicated a new increase.
Sponsored

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
If you find someone willing to buy something that cannot be sold.... 🤷‍♂️
I was thinking about asking the dealer if they wanted to buy it, saw a video where someone else did that. I wouldn't need much to make me happy. I'll hold and wait for now but I'm quickly losing interest when I keep seeing these kind of updates.

Reactions: 06z

JPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lightning Lariat SR
Occupation
Rebar Detailer/Estimator
Realistically a $50K Pro that we CAN order seems like a much better deal than a $40K Pro that we CAN’T.
Yes, At this point I'd still switch to a 51k Pro over the 75k Lariat I felt I had to order to not lose my reservation in Wave 3....:confused: If only Ford would let me "downgrade" my submitted order that has not been scheduled for production yet.

Sponsored

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
So..if you paid someone a $10k premium for them to flip their truck to you. You can now flip your truck for a $10k premium...

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Nothing unusual for Ford.

The past 2 years, the MME has had 5 price increases.

Wife's 2022 MME order was pushed into 2023, lost the price protection (APR + incentives), lost color choice (no more ice blue), and went up $6K.

The only redeeming feature was the private cash offer for $6,000 which I will be getting when it delivers...

OP
OP
jimfigler

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
taken from a news report online.

Current retail order holders awaiting delivery are unaffected by this adjustment. Current commercial and government customers with a scheduled order are also unaffected by this adjustment."

So current order holders who are scheduled but not yet awaiting delivery are affected by the price increase?

RickE

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Well, we can only vote with our wallets now.
So in the course of 2 months Ford has raised the price twice. First from $39,974 to $46,974 for a $7,000 increase or 17.5%. Then 30 days later an increase from $46,974 to $51,974 for an additional $5,000 increase or another 12.5% from the original price. So within 60 days Ford has increased the price by nearly 30%! Hold on to your wallets because it is only a matter of time before they increase the price of the other trims.

This is the frustrating part of being a day one reservation holder and no invite to order. I was planning on ordering the Lariat ER thinking that as a day one reservation hold I would be in the first couple of waves. If so, I would have been able to order the truck and pay just under $80K for it. It would have also qualified for the current full $7,500 rebate. So my net purchase price would be $72,500. Right now, that same truck will cost me over $86K (with a lot less options) and will NOT qualify for any rebate. The $13,500 increase is very significate and is there because of the games Ford played by prioritizing certain dealers. I had no way of knowing that the dealer I chose was not getting a lot of allocations at the time I made the reservation.

These price increases are going to reduce the amount of Lightning sold significantly. These are very different times we are living in since May of 2021. The stock market is down 20%, the interest rates have gone up, doubled since May of 2021.

Has anyone check lately on eBay, the Autotrader, Cars.com and even Ford dealers selling the Lightning for $20K - $30K over MSRP. They are not selling!!! The same trucks are sitting there not selling or being relisted over and over. I even received a cold call from a salesman at a Ford Dealer to see if I was still interested in a Lightning that I had called about over 2 months ago.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Iddqd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Soul +
Has anyone check lately on eBay, the Autotrader, Cars.com and even Ford dealers selling the Lightning for $20K - $30K over MSRP. They are not selling!!!
Yeah some have price drops by 5k or so. Just curious, has anyone reach out to dealers who list their stuff close to msrp on those platforms - are they actually going to honor the listed price? Or is it a classic bait and switch.

wheelz2000

First Name
Wheelz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost
Occupation
IT
So in the course of 2 months Ford has raised the price twice. First from $39,974 to $46,974 for a $7,000 increase or 17.5%. Then 30 days later an increase from $46,974 to $51,974 for an additional $5,000 increase or another 12.5% from the original price. So within 60 days Ford has increased the price by nearly 30%! Hold on to your wallets because it is only a matter of time before they increase the price of the other trims.

This is the frustrating part of being a day one reservation holder and no invite to order. I was planning on ordering the Lariat ER thinking that as a day one reservation hold I would be in the first couple of waves. If so, I would have been able to order the truck and pay just under $80K for it. It would have also qualified for the current full $7,500 rebate. So my net purchase price would be $72,500. Right now, that same truck will cost me over $86K (with a lot less options) and will NOT qualify for any rebate. The $13,500 increase is very significate and is there because of the games Ford played by prioritizing certain dealers. I had no way of knowing that the dealer I chose was not getting a lot of allocations at the time I made the reservation.

These price increases are going to reduce the amount of Lightning sold significantly. These are very different times we are living in since May of 2020. The stock market is down 20%, the interest rates have gone up, doubled since May of 2020.

Has anyone check lately on eBay, the Autotrader, Cars.com and even Ford dealers selling the Lightning for $20K - $30K over MSRP. They are not selling!!! The same trucks are sitting there not selling or being relisted over and over. I even received a cold call from a salesman at a Ford Dealer to see if I was still interested in a Lightning that I had called about over 2 months ago.
I'm in the same boat. I dont want to give up my reservation cause I feel like I've earned the right to hold on to it for this long, but back then, it was advertised at what i thought was a "reasonable price" given the tax credits and whatnot. Had alot of us early reservation holders known back then what we know now about reserving at a BIG dealer or about the prices going way up, I think I for one probably wouldn't have signed up for one. i'm not one to buy to flip...for any reason. I plan to use the truck for my needs, but I gotta be able to make payments on it as well. I planned for a 72k truck, not an 86k truck payment. That changes things. Im pretty sure there are some decent Lariat Powerboosts on a dealer lot somewhere that need love. Not sure what I'm gonna end up doing, but have not received any invite either. I dont understand how we are still getting passed over.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
My guess is Ford is changing their strategy on the Pro.

Due to its popularity they are pricing it in a way that brings enough profit for them to make as many as people want to order.

In reality, $52k is probably an appropriate MSRP for the Pro. It also makes the price gap between the XLT and Pro much more reasonable for what customers get.

My new question is do those of us that ordered a MY23 Pro in Wave 1 get $12k in price protection, or is it still just $7k?

Fordskeptic

First Name
Chevy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy, toyota, honda, jeep
Ford did not force anyone into ordering higher trims, or cancel any Pro orders......Ford simply fixed a pricing glitch on the PRO model. Kinda like fixing the payroll glitch for Milton in Office Space. Smoooooth move.
Sponsored