• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
You’re joking, right?
No. Looks great to me. climate controls remotely, charge logs now include kw added, separate lock and unlock buttons, location links me directly to ABRP or Google maps. Nothing gone that I'll miss at all

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
No. Looks great to me. climate controls remotely, charge logs now include kw added, separate lock and unlock buttons, location links me directly to ABRP or Google maps. Nothing gone that I'll miss at all
Lock and unlock were always separate. Location button never works. Warranty and service data is gone. Zone lighting control is gone. Trailer light check is gone. Trip planner, while not the best, was nice to send an address to the navigation.

I just don't see how this was released. It's not even half done. Unless those features are never coming back.

srspring551

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat 2023 ER, delivered 10-28-23
Overall, I like it. Does it need some work? Yes, but IMHO it's at least an effort to improve things, and likely will get additional features with updates. Probably doesn't require the level of vitriol, but I guess some need to vent.

WhiteBolt

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro EV, 2004 SVT Lightning
Occupation
Manufacturing
When I updated to v5.0 the vehicle home screen (truck photo screen) had a "Start" button in upper right corner under the user account icon. It has since disappeared. I assume that was a remote start button?
I also just tried to remotely start climate control (fan icon) and it has failed twice.
What has this app supposedly made easier for us to do?

Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
When I updated to v5.0 the vehicle home screen (truck photo screen) had a "Start" button in upper right corner under the user account icon. It has since disappeared. I assume that was a remote start button?
I also just tried to remotely start climate control (fan icon) and it has failed twice.
The start button on the upper right of the screen is displayed when your vehicle is plugged in and you're waiting for a window to charge. You press start to have the truck start charging immediately.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Start the truck normally then shut down and retry, you're only allowed 2 remote start sessions before having to manually start it.

If that fails, clear app cache, force stop, and maybe even restart the phone, could be some buggs needing a fix.

Willebrew

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Pre-Order | Lightning Lariat ER Owner
Occupation
Software Developer & CEO - ADAS research and development for fun
Hi F-150 Lightning owners! If you recently updated your FordPass® app, you may have noticed it looks a little different. We are pleased to share that we have rolled out a newly designed app that is easy to use and efficient to help you better manage your vehicle remotely.
Here is what is new:
  • Simplified Experience: We have reduced the number of steps it takes to access functions and made it easier to find them. As an EV owner, you can enjoy a simplified slider for target charge. Also, instead of having to press and hold to turn the vehicle ‘on’, it is now a simple tap.
  • Remote Climate Control: As a Lightning owner you will be able to control your truck's climate control and windshield defrost, as well as heated seats and steering wheel (if equipped), all from the app. Similar to the Remote Start feature, Remote Climate Control helps you conveniently prepare your truck before getting in to drive.
  • Apple Watch Integration: If you have an Apple Watch, in addition to lock/unlock and remote start/stop you will also be able to use the following features from your wrist:
    • View battery level and range
    • View charging status, including: Charging speed, Next departure time based on when desired charge is reached, Current preferred charging window
    • View vehicle location
    • Activate horn and lights remotely
We are also continuing to improve in-app experience with this latest version. If you notice a feature you previously used before is no longer there, don’t worry, the feature can still be accessed via your in-vehicle touchscreen.

We love to hear from our owners so let us know what you think and if you have any questions about FordPass!

Please note: FordPass® App, compatible with select smartphone platforms, is available via a download. Message and data rates may apply. 

524241.png
I want to see interactive widgets.

Howard_Scott_Warshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, rapid red
@Ford Motor Company

WTF did you delete Zone Lighting
Where's Dog Mode
Where's Pro Power mode

Also show the status of basic items. Are the doors locked? Don't know. Are the windows open? Don't know. Is the tailgate down? Don't know. Is the frunk open? Don't know.

This isn't difficult stuff. A high schooler could pull this together.

Last edited:

NilartPax

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning
Hi F-150 Lightning owners! If you recently updated your FordPass® app, you may have noticed it looks a little different. We are pleased to share that we have rolled out a newly designed app that is easy to use and efficient to help you better manage your vehicle remotely.
Here is what is new:
  • Simplified Experience: We have reduced the number of steps it takes to access functions and made it easier to find them. As an EV owner, you can enjoy a simplified slider for target charge. Also, instead of having to press and hold to turn the vehicle ‘on’, it is now a simple tap.
  • Remote Climate Control: As a Lightning owner you will be able to control your truck's climate control and windshield defrost, as well as heated seats and steering wheel (if equipped), all from the app. Similar to the Remote Start feature, Remote Climate Control helps you conveniently prepare your truck before getting in to drive.
  • Apple Watch Integration: If you have an Apple Watch, in addition to lock/unlock and remote start/stop you will also be able to use the following features from your wrist:
    • View battery level and range
    • View charging status, including: Charging speed, Next departure time based on when desired charge is reached, Current preferred charging window
    • View vehicle location
    • Activate horn and lights remotely
We are also continuing to improve in-app experience with this latest version. If you notice a feature you previously used before is no longer there, don’t worry, the feature can still be accessed via your in-vehicle touchscreen.

We love to hear from our owners so let us know what you think and if you have any questions about FordPass!

Please note: FordPass® App, compatible with select smartphone platforms, is available via a download. Message and data rates may apply. 

524241.png
Hello Ford.
I only mostly used the app for four things.
1)checking current level of charge while charging. Still good there.
2)adjusting charge level to 100% for long trips. This is now gone. I have to go in and change the charge back for my home station. As far as I can tell I can't say "just this once" from my phone anymore. That is a bit annoying.
3)Trip planning - which seems completely absent now. Disappointing.
4) every once in a while I would "start the truck" to get it ready to be driven in 15 minutes in the winter. I live where it freezes, and just assumed this was how to "prepare the battery" since there was no other way. This is still there but still not labeled in any way to help me know how it works with the battery.

That's not great. 2 misses out of my 4 main uses. None of my main uses are actually better. Am I really alone in this regard?

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
4) every once in a while I would "start the truck" to get it ready to be driven in 15 minutes in the winter. I live where it freezes, and just assumed this was how to "prepare the battery" since there was no other way. This is still there but still not labeled in any way to help me know how it works with the battery.
Remote start aka Climate control [fan symbol] is not the same as scheduled Departure Times.

To condition the traction battery, you must be plugged in and have set a schedule in the following menu:

Ford F-150 Lightning Newly Designed: FordPass 5.0 App®: What to Know 1716726558361-v
Ford F-150 Lightning Newly Designed: FordPass 5.0 App®: What to Know 1716726625749-e7
Ford F-150 Lightning Newly Designed: FordPass 5.0 App®: What to Know 1716726589877-34

Last edited:

mattskr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Platinum Iconic Silver
I must be the only one who didn’t use Trip Planner or Zone Lightning. I haven’t trusted a vehicle’s navigation in 10 years. And zone lightning was so buggy/slow. I thought both were useless to have but seems others enjoy them.

I do love that that the frunk and tailgate buttons are now two hidden behind the Bluetooth button. It was too easy to hit one in the past which would have been disastrous if I accidentally did while the truck is in the garage. (Shelves above frunk)

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I must be the only one who didn’t use Trip Planner or Zone Lightning. I haven’t trusted a vehicle’s navigation in 10 years. And zone lightning was so buggy/slow. I thought both were useless to have but seems others enjoy them.

I do love that that the frunk and tailgate buttons are now two hidden behind the Bluetooth button. It was too easy to hit one in the past which would have been disastrous if I accidentally did while the truck is in the garage. (Shelves above frunk)
I'm in 100% agreement with your observations, IMHO, A Better Route Planner is most useful in planning, allowing me to tweak factors relevant to my driving conditions, granted Ford Trip Planner was a quick tool to rough out the route, but validation with ABRP brought peace of mind.

mattskr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Platinum Iconic Silver
I'm in 100% agreement with your observations, IMHO, A Better Route Planner is most useful in planning, allowing me to tweak factors relevant to my driving conditions, granted Ford Trip Planner was a quick tool to rough out the route, but validation with ABRP brought peace of mind.
yup. I use ABRP for planning but then in route after being burned (nearly stranded) a few times my main thing is I check PlugShare for a great rating and that’s the charger I use.

now with Tesla there a lot more options and I just use the Tesla app which tells me everything I need to know.

I’d rather Ford focus on other features

NilartPax

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning
Remote start aka Climate control [fan symbol] is not the same a scheduled Departure Times.

To condition the traction battery, you must be plugged in and have set a schedule in the following menu:
Remote starting for 15 minutes before driving has to be better for the battery than just jumping in and going though, right? I guess what I am wanting is a "start a departure time for right now". I understand that it is somewhat silly, and I would end up waiting some unknown amount of time but I would eventually figure out that ballpark. I really dislike having to repeat the time on something because I don't want it to repeat, but it won't seem to work without selecting the repeat time.
Sponsored