• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ordering Tesla Charger Adapter - woes.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Hi again- can you let me know if you have all the Connected Services “ACTIVE”? I’m still trying to trouble shoot. I DO NOT have the “Ford Premium Connectivity” active. But, I have all the others active … most specifically Blue Oval network. I know they are saying that you need Blue Oval connected… but I’m just wondering if not having “Ford Premium Connectivity” subscription is screwing this up. I still do lot get a link on my Connected Services screen on the App, on the web log in, or using other devices, clearing cache, cookies, blockers or uninstalling the app and re installing on my phone. Urgh. I even had my son try from his device using my credentials … nothing. So, pretty sure it’s not the devices. I have 5 case numbers open with Ford and no one seems to know what’s wrong!
That service is not relevant to the process of the Blue Oval Charge Network functionality, though they do share the "wallet" for your credit card funding paid for services.

I do subscribe to that and find that managing the subscription is not possible at the moment via FORDPASS but it is accessible via desktop web browser, as is my subscription to the Blue Oval Charge Network.
Sponsored

Maineiac12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT 312A
A2Z just shipped out a bunch of backorders (including mine) and claim they can fulfill orders in 1-3 days now.
Weird. They just told me 2 weeks minimum and their website shows about 20 days for delivery still.

First Name
iBot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Operator
Tried to order the Tesla a
Charging adapter Friday 3/22/24. Could not get beyond pressing the “order your Tesla charger “ button then directed to the Connected Services page and no link to Order. Even tried to look up to see if the VIN number had been used by someone else to order one . Four days and three Ford case numbers later, today’s phone call with Ford customer service tells me that their system has problems and is not working. Aaaagh!!! Need to get this Tesla adapter PRE-ORDERED!
The moment I got my 2023 lariat I ordered the Tesla charger right away. I just happened upon it while I was going through the Ford website. Anytime I check to see if it's been shipped yet it shows that it's not even going to be delivered until sometime in June. So I'm not sure why Ford is taking so long getting this out to all of us but apparently they're making sure that it's trouble free, and that I truly appreciate from Ford! I don't want to get it and then have it melt.

OP
OP

lcorning

First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford-F-150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Yes. I agree. Have no problem waiting. I would just like to order it. I’m extremely frustrated that I cannot order the thing through the only method they are saying to order through- Connected Services.

TheBigBezo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Weird. They just told me 2 weeks minimum and their website shows about 20 days for delivery still.
I bought mine on the 5th and it should be here in a couple of days, but it did just ship. If they're stocking a ton of inventory in expectation of demand, maybe their shipping times improved. Either way, my A2Z adapter is beating the Ford one to me by a couple of months.

Sponsored

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
To be clear, they all have a latch for the NACS connector. So, there's really no "extra step".
I don't have any first hand experience, but from the State of Charge review, Tom mentions that you have to manually engage the lock on the NACS->Adaptor side. The others automatically engage the lock. Tom mentioned that he forgot at least once and took a minute to figure out why he was getting a fault.

detansinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red F150 Lightning Lariat Extended Battery
I don't have any first hand experience, but from the State of Charge review, Tom mentions that you have to manually engage the lock on the NACS->Adaptor side. The others automatically engage the lock. Tom mentioned that he forgot at least once and took a minute to figure out why he was getting a fault.
It's second nature. I am coming up to two dozen times using it on road trips.

NilartPax

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning
The moment I got my 2023 lariat I ordered the Tesla charger right away. I just happened upon it while I was going through the Ford website. Anytime I check to see if it's been shipped yet it shows that it's not even going to be delivered until sometime in June. So I'm not sure why Ford is taking so long . . .
How are you checking the order? I reserved it but have since deleted the email and can't find any actual way to verify the reservation.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Last edited:

NilartPax

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning
Last edited by a moderator:

Sponsored

Jimbalf

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
I called the Ford Accessory line this morning just to see if they had any updates on April shipments. All he could say was I had to wait for an email from Fed Ex to get a delivery date. He had no further information than that. Oh well.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
I called the Ford Accessory line this morning just to see if they had any updates on April shipments. All he could say was I had to wait for an email from Fed Ex to get a delivery date. He had no further information than that. Oh well.
Can we assume all shipments will come via FedEx now?

Reactions: kab
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 AMB Lariat ER, 2021 Jeep Rubicon 4xe
If you're just requesting your free adapter now, you won't see it until the Fall/Winter anyway. I wouldn't get too worked up about things being temporarily down.
Called ford today, they told me they see my name on the list and they anticipate I will receive it this summer.

Wsl346

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Volvo XC60 T8, Many Bicycles
This brings me back to the good ole days of 2022, chatting with the CS reps every few days for updates on my truck’s shipping status.

Ford F-150 Lightning Ordering Tesla Charger Adapter - woes. IMG_0862
Sponsored

Reactions: kab