• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored
Status
Not open for further replies.

ackatack

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat
I presume the contactors are only closed when a charging session is in progress
Yes, that is my understanding as well. The contactors are closed for charging and normally open.

My initial statement was wrong. I should have said when on the charger instead of off. My situation is the opposite of yours in that my truck sits on a charger 99% of the time it’s stopped.
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
The HVB contactors are "ON" passing 400v current when:

Truck is "on / running state" to Drive and full operation or when parked to provide energy to the Pro Power 400v-DC to 120v-AC inverter

Truck is "off" but charging to allow 120v/240v-AC to 400v-DC inverter to feed charging energy to the battery, during this period the DC/DC converter could also engage as needed.

Truck is "off" BUT the control modules determines LVB requires a charge session, it activates contactor to the on position to allow 400v-DC energy to 12v-DC LVB charger, dash and drive & HVAC modes are off.

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord 2017; 2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
My situation is the opposite of yours in that my truck sits on a charger 99% of the time it’s stopped.
Sorry if I didn't make my truck's situation clear. My truck is ~almost always connected to its charger when it's parked but only charges briefly a few days a week at 3 am the day after I've been on a short trip the day before. So my situation on being parked and plugged in would be the same as yours, unless you mean your truck is only plugged in when you want to charge it.

jlferg0509

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevrolet Malibu; 2023 Ford F-150 Lightning
I’m in the same boat. MY23 Lariat - no updates since PU306 failed. Getting annoyed that no solution has come up in several months.
Same camp, out of frustration, I dropped my MY23 Lariat off at the Dealership yesterday for the lack up updates and installation of heated steering wheel. They couldn't get it to update either and kept it overnight, after attempting to reprogram/refresh the modem, they're working with Ford to replace the modem, so now I'm waiting for an update.

Pdxguy

First Name
La
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E FE, Toyota Tacoma, Audi
Same camp, out of frustration, I dropped my MY23 Lariat off at the Dealership yesterday for the lack up updates and installation of heated steering wheel. They couldn't get it to update either and kept it overnight, after attempting to reprogram/refresh the modem, they're working with Ford to replace the modem, so now I'm waiting for an update.
Let us know it that fixes it!

Sponsored

jlferg0509

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm on day two of them having my truck. Apparently, replacing and reprogramming the modem is a very difficult undertaking. I'm allowing some grace considering this might be their first...

Pdxguy

First Name
La
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E FE, Toyota Tacoma, Audi
I'm on day two of them having my truck. Apparently, replacing and reprogramming the modem is a very difficult undertaking. I'm allowing some grace considering this might be their first...
I got motivated by the others on this forum and went to Ford Chat on the app. They transferred me to a technical chat who started giving me all the things I should do to get the PU306 error message off the screen. While I was telling them I had tried this, the truck (not driven for about 5 days) updated to the 23-PU-0724 update. Not sure if they did something or not, but at least I’ve got my first update since July!

jlferg0509

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So, here we are at day six of the dealership having my truck. The only response I've gotten from them, other than me calling and them saying nothing from Ford yet, was an alert yesterday in the app showing there was a software update that needed action at the vehicle. That alert was cleared this morning, so I'm waiting to hear from the dealership... I'll keep the group posted.

[Update 10/24/23]
Got a call from the dealership stating that a Ford engineer will be coming onsite to diagnose the issue as they've tried everything to get the updates to work but they get halfway through and reset. They don't have a date for the engineers arrival (yet) but promised to keep me posted the minute they have any additional information. I have to trust them at this point considering they've worked well with me through this whole experience.

@Ford Motor Company if you are monitoring this form, please help at Beau Townsend Ford in Vandalia, Ohio.

Last edited:

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Most of the comments seem to be happening in the 6.3 thread as that is the end game with this series.

The good news is that I just got 6.2 while out at lunch, so they have these rolling again. Hoping for 6.3 on the next drive. Maybe I just go work from the truck for an hour sitting in the garage !

Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Most of the comments seem to be happening in the 6.3 thread as that is the end game with this series.

The good news is that I just got 6.2 while out at lunch, so they have these rolling again. Hoping for 6.3 on the next drive. Maybe I just go work from the truck for an hour sitting in the garage !
MME's are getting 6.4.0 and the 6.1.0/6.2.0 updates give us the same GWM software that the MME has, so 6.3.0 may not be the end of the line as far as the 6.x.x series of updates go.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Why do you think 6.3 is the end?
Well - true - seems to be the end of what we know right now. Nothing more is in the wild. Maybe for Early Access, but those guys are keeping their word and not talking about it. 6.3 will get me the Apple EV routing and the slight GUI updates (those may have been in 6.2).

So 6.3 is all I know I need to be chasing and waiting on right now :)

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club