• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored
Status
Not open for further replies.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
All that prep for a 1.33mb update that simply changed a few parameters in the gateway.

But apparently sometimes.....

The_Way.gif
No prep involved this was our daily / weekend routine, the results were a surprise, I had no prior indications that 6.2.0 was pending. I've given up on making special efforts, these installs should happen without extraordinary measures, and Ford can make it happen with better / logical pre-prep controls.
Sponsored

jlferg0509

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevrolet Malibu; 2023 Ford F-150 Lightning
So, here we are at day six of the dealership having my truck. The only response I've gotten from them, other than me calling and them saying nothing from Ford yet, was an alert yesterday in the app showing there was a software update that needed action at the vehicle. That alert was cleared this morning, so I'm waiting to hear from the dealership... I'll keep the group posted.

[Update 10/24/23]
Got a call from the dealership stating that a Ford engineer will be coming onsite to diagnose the issue as they've tried everything to get the updates to work but they get halfway through and reset. They don't have a date for the engineers arrival (yet) but promised to keep me posted the minute they have any additional information. I have to trust them at this point considering they've worked well with me through this whole experience.

@Ford Motor Company if you are monitoring this form, please help at Beau Townsend Ford in Vandalia, Ohio.
Well, into week three of the dealership having my truck and while there was apparently mention of my update back in July failing due to low voltage of the 12 volt battery, they've moved on to what I consider a full refresh of the APIM (whatever that is) then updating additional modules in order. UUugh! So much for @Ford Motor Company "Hot Ticket" support. I'm trying to be as patient as possible considering part of this is early adopter syndrome and I pick up an F-150 as an exchange loaner vehicle today.

I think I'm going to request that the dealership manager is made aware of the situation and deal with @Ford Motor Company directly since this is not ideal for customer support and I'm not feeling that they are advocating for me considering there hasn't been an update in over a week...based on the notes.

• Sad
Reactions: GDN

Ekiehn

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
Well after over a week I've confirmed I am in failed download update hell.. 6.2.0 is stuck unable to finish download. Tried all the tricks, trickle charged the 12 volt, charged HVB to 90%, lights off everytime I parked along with parking brake, drove around for extended time as well.. no joy... about the only thing I haven't done is pull fuse 32 (I have a 23 that I got in December so I was really good at that, even have a pair of needle nose and a light right there in the door). I have avoided that option due to what I've read about bricking my modem during a download as my Fordpass and HIS is communicating fine, but I don't have many options left... Any suggestions would be welcome...

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Well after over a week I've confirmed I am in failed download update hell.. 6.2.0 is stuck unable to finish download. Tried all the tricks, trickle charged the 12 volt, charged HVB to 90%, lights off everytime I parked along with parking brake, drove around for extended time as well.. no joy... about the only thing I haven't done is pull fuse 32 (I have a 23 that I got in December so I was really good at that, even have a pair of needle nose and a light right there in the door). I have avoided that option due to what I've read about bricking my modem during a download as my Fordpass and HIS is communicating fine, but I don't have many options left... Any suggestions would be welcome...
PM me your VIN so I can check in PTS the reason for failure. GWM updates rarely fail due to low SOC. I don't think I have ever seen one fail due to low SOC now that I think about it.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
I took the little lady to lunch at the same restaurant as last week where the truck got 6.1.0, hoping that luck & location would work with me, to no avail, but the steak tips and coconut custard pie was awesome !!
Did you have the same food and sit at the same table?

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Did you have the same food and sit at the same table?
No, sat on other side of the restaurant, but the truck was parked in it's favorite space.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
No, sat on other side of the restaurant, but the truck was parked in it's favorite space.
Well you can’t expect it to work if you don’t recreate it exactly. Seems to me the truck did its part but you didn’t do yours.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
I responded to your message, but for the sake of the info being out there, I'll respond here, too, but with your VIN kept private.

It is not clear why it failed the first time, but the second time it failed due to a manifest mismatch. This means the files being sent to your truck do not match with the update files it is supposed to get, so the truck rejected the update. There is nothing you did wrong and there is nothing you could have done differently. The problem on Ford's side. Eventually, you'll get the right packet sent to you.

Ford F-150 Lightning Power-Up OTA 6.2.0 -  Small Adjustments 1699060213485

Ekiehn

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
I responded to your message, but for the sake of the info being out there, I'll respond here, too, but with your VIN kept private.

It is not clear why it failed the first time, but the second time it failed due to a manifest mismatch. This means the files being sent to your truck do not match with the update files it is supposed to get, so the truck rejected the update. There is nothing you did wrong and there is nothing you could have done differently. The problem on Ford's side. Eventually, you'll get the right packet sent to you.

1699060213485.png
Thanks.. replied to the PM but really appreciate knowing why it failed... now I have to put on my patience hat...

Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
This same update was reported by three different 2021 Mach E's earlier today. It's a GWM update, but it is unclear what the purpose of the update is.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Got it this morning too. Same lame description and no PU number in the notification or in the truck.

Edit - For reference and tracking as this and or other updates start to flow again, I had received 6.1, 6.2 and 6.3 all on a '22 Lariat ER with Max Tow.

It will be interesting to note who gets this and when. Maybe everyone before the other updates start rolling again?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Might be a "Smart Cleanup" of earlier releases?????
Nothing received on my truck since 6.2.0

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Might be a "Smart Cleanup" of earlier releases?????
Nothing received on my truck since 6.2.0
Maybe. The ICE trucks started getting a small 9KB BCM OTA under the revision number 2.7.4 last week. 2.7.4 is an old IPC OTA that was only sent to job 1 ICE trucks two years ago. When owners started reporting 2.7.4 again, it brought a lot of confusion with it. It seems like some kind of clean-up update, but the fact that they used the same exact revision number as a previous update was mighty strange.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Status
Not open for further replies.