• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Powertrain Malfunction/ Reduced Power

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I join your elite club today, sadly. Will have updates next week, the dealer said I can drop it on Monday and they'll be on it that day or Tuesday.

I posted over int the CSP thread, technically the wrong thread I guess.

IMG_5981.jpeg

IMG_5984.PNG

IMG_5987.jpeg

IMG_5986.jpeg
Sponsored

patrickj62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lighting
I gotta be in the top 1% of least lucky Lightning owners out there. @Ford Motor Company. Lightning stopped charging yesterday, threw a wrench and limited power to 53%. I read the code (forgot exactly what it was) and it referred to unstable voltage. I deleted the code and hoped it was a fluke. It came back immediately. Just dropped it off at the dealer. This is potentially the third module that is going to be replaced. This is becoming a running joke. I’m going to press the dealer hard to replace the whole battery or else I’m going to lemon law it. So disappointed.
IMG_5146.jpeg
I had the same thing happen last Tuesday. I am waiting for model #7 to be replaced. I have 33K on the truck - I hope this is not a recurring issue. My wife was almost stranded trying to get enough charge to get home... Ford is not giving an ETA on when they will get the module to the dealer.

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
#7 to be replaced. I have 33K on the truck
For my PM/RP tracking spreadsheet (see my signature) what is your Build Month/Year (top line of sticker on driver's door jam)? Thanks! [also for some others, Miles?]
@GDN @boseephuss @Whammy Bar @djherron @Rekoil @SunshinestateF150 @AAW @DavePastry @wmreding @kajjwood @Oafy44 @massmedic @Pete22569 @MLarson @thrawn2k2 @Blaster @Kbar8888 @YTLHTNG @MadLighting @sr3jan @Lytning @Speeddemon @drdirk @sstevetx @Dylanch @haresource2 @Fast87t @CVDUDE @CyberIllusion @Fireetr73 @Christopher Ryan @Vito @Freddyfresh @Airboss

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
For my PM/RP tracking spreadsheet (see my signature) what is your Build Month/Year (top line of sticker on driver's door jam)? Thanks! [also for some others, Miles?]
I was blended on May 24, 2022. That was the day or day after the factory came to a stand still for a few weeks. 13679 miles. Charged to 90%, unplugged and got into the error message and reduced power to 54%

Airboss

First Name
TImothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lighting
Occupation
Airport Operations Manager
I have the same issue here as well. I don't live near a Ford dealer so I called around to get an service appointment before having my truck towed. They said they had an opening the next day. Truck towed, and then was called and told it would be 4-6 weeks before they would even look at it since the EV service guys are that backed up. Filed complaint with Ford. Will update more when I have it.

Sponsored

sstevetx

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER w/Max Tow - Atlas Blue
Build Date for my 22 Lariat ER is Apr 6, 2022. Battery module 5 replaced Oct 2023 at 3,700 miles.

CVDUDE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT SR

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
I'm dropping off my truck today at 2pm. I hope the dealer knows what they're doing. The last time I used them for service (my 2016 ICE F-150 XLT), they took over 4 months before I ultimately gave up and traded it to them because I couldn't stand waiting any longer.

KurtsRPMGarage

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro, 22 Tesla Model 3, 03 C5 Z06
Occupation
Geologist
Got my truck back today after another 11 day stint. We are up to 54 days total if you combine all 3 module failures. They replaced array 5. So far that's array 4, 5 and 9 they have replaced according to the invoices. Ford has accepted my buyback request. Currently going back and forth with information before they make me an official offer. If the offer is decent I plan to use the money to buy an XLT ER. I did see the $7500 rebate expires on April 2nd so here's hoping they extend that a bit so I can track down a deal.

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum - Carbonized Gray Metallic
Occupation
Derivatives
It’s sad going through this.
Been there done that.
I’m on lightning number two now myself.
Hoping my newer build treats me better.
Best of luck to you..!!

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Got my truck back today after another 11 day stint. We are up to 54 days total if you combine all 3 module failures. They replaced array 5. So far that's array 4, 5 and 9 they have replaced according to the invoices. Ford has accepted my buyback request. Currently going back and forth with information before they make me an official offer. If the offer is decent I plan to use the money to buy an XLT ER. I did see the $7500 rebate expires on April 2nd so here's hoping they extend that a bit so I can track down a deal.
Check your email and mail - I've received a special Ford bonus offer of $2K. Add up all the savings you can if you've received a similar offer. It came in the mail about a week ago.

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum - Carbonized Gray Metallic
Occupation
Derivatives
Check your email and mail - I've received a special Ford bonus offer of $2K. Add up all the savings you can if you've received a similar offer. It came in the mail about a week ago.
Wow cool, they were only $1,500 couple weeks ago. On top of the msrp discount of $12,500 off the two together were another $14,000 off the sticker amount, before making the real deal lol 😂

KurtsRPMGarage

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro, 22 Tesla Model 3, 03 C5 Z06
Occupation
Geologist
If I do lemon law in the paperwork says ford will give me a private offer for a new vehicle. I wonder if you can stack two private offers. Haha.

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
Is this something we are all going to get hit with?
The 2022's seem to have the worst record for battery module failures based on my tracking spreadsheet. Ford stated that 1 of 25 owners would be affected (4%). Unfortunately @KurtsRPMGarage has taken 3 of the hits all by himself. Worst part is the long delays in getting repairs @Ford Motor Company . And the too short 8 year 100K mile warranty that limits the resale value down the road.
Sponsored