• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Powertrain Malfunction / Reduced Power

Which update loaded just prior experiencing this issue?

• Priority Update: 23-PU0105-DC-CHG2: Improved DC Fast Charging

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Priority Update: 22-PU0929-BLM-UP

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

RideIn

First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER Lightning
I can offer a mid-issue update:
  • Local dealer, Mossy Ford, San Diego has EV Techs and they surprisingly had an open appt. available the next day to look at the truck.
  • I started the truck the next day and the error code/light had cleared. Drove normally 6 miles to the dealership.
  • Dropped the truck off and they gave me a new Mustang MachE GT version as a loaner. Nice! (Prefer my F150 though for sure). They told me to give them a week. They said FMC would be paying for the loaner.....
  • FMC took my info from the DM here immediately and next day I got a call from them. Then next day I got a call & an email from my BEV Team contact, he is ready to offer support if needed. It's nice to have them connect even if they haven't done anything just yet.
  • I spoke with service today. Their message: "He has moved onto the steps where he is deciding either an external harness is going to be replaced or that the motor will be dropped and an internal harness will be replaced. I should have those answers later today."
Final Report:
  • Truck was ready 8/9 after they diagnosed and replaced a smashed wiring harness under the front motor.....I have a couple hundred miles on it since picking it up and all seems to be good. Will keep you updated.
  • I'm super happy with the service & communication from Mossy Ford Service and the Ford BEV Team.

Including the service write up for those interested.

Ford F-150 Lightning Powertrain Malfunction / Reduced Power IMG_9355
Sponsored

Last edited:

Quarter2heavy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
On the one hand you win COTD because the official reply from Ford was almost EXACTLY what you wrote with the same tone. Bravo.

On the other hand, as a current GM product owner, at least Ford *seems* to give a crap, unlike other companies that just don't care about your experience post purchase...
As someone who had to Lemon my last truck 2015 Sierra (Lightning is the the first truck since then) I can honestly say GM will give you absolute run around with the warranty repairs. Between the dealer and GM reps, took nearly three years by the time the a settlement was reached.