• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Priority Update-23-PU1113-UNX-DC [Connectivity]

mattskr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Platinum Iconic Silver
Hey @rugedraw I just got this update on a very short drive. I haven't had any connectivity issues but I've never done a master reset either. Curious to know if you see anything different on mine?
Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Just received this as well - '22 Lariat and I actually had 6.13 (if that makes a difference). First update for me since that update back on Dec 15.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Hey @rugedraw I just got this update on a very short drive. I haven't had any connectivity issues but I've never done a master reset either. Curious to know if you see anything different on mine?
I can check, sure. Do I have your VIN already? Were you on wifi?

Just received this as well - '22 Lariat and I actually had 6.13 (if that makes a difference). First update for me since that update back on Dec 15.
Were you on wifi?

mattskr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Platinum Iconic Silver
Yes you have my VIN. Wi-fi is hard to say. I pulled into the garage and got the update notification as soon as I put it in park. So, yes I was on wifi but could not have been on it for longer than 30 seconds before I got the notification.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT

Were you on wifi?
Not really. I started and drove the truck twice today. When I start the truck, it likely connects to the house wifi, but I'm backed out of the garage within 30 seconds. This evening was a quick trip to the store, I was gone about 25 minutes and as I got back home and turned the truck off I got the Message that a SW update had installed.

It might have triggered from Wifi, but there is likely no way it would have had time to download after I started and backed out.

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
If you're researching theories and want another VIN - you are always welcome to use mine - 1FTVW1EV3NWG03253.

Edit to add times (per MyQ) I left at 5:00 PM and returned at 5:26.

Last edited:

Blochead21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black 22 XLT 311pkg
Also just got this tonight. Was on 6.8 with my XLT.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
I just read through the thread, if there is suspicion it is updating As Built, can't I likely download my As Built data now and then again in a few days and see what changed? I guess there is always the chance the truck just sent an update to the mothership in the last hour, but might help with a compare.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Wow, I got this update also. Didnā€™t even notice it. Read your post and checked Ford Pass, sure enough it was there.

I am also on 6.13 22 Lariat ER

Reactions: GDN

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
This evening was a quick trip to the store, I was gone about 25 minutes and as I got back home and turned the truck off I got the Message that a SW update had installed.
Same exact thing for me this evening. Drove to church, there about 1.5 hours and when I pulled back into garage, this update popped up as completed. My last update was 6.8.0 in December. Didn't get the malformed 6.13.0 ;).

I've been watching my connectivity icons and when in garage I just have Wi-Fi, no cell. That switches over to cell when I pull out of my driveway. When I come home, cell goes away and Wi-Fi returns.

@rugedraw, if you still have my VIN from the DM's, let me know when it was sent. I left the house about 6:15 CST, at church 10 minutes later. Then left church at 7:50 and home about 8:00.

Sponsored

FinsNBolts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
I just noticed the update in FordPass too. I assume itā€™s this update although the FordPass has the ā€œunable to retrieve update detailsā€ as to the actual update name.

I left my office around 7:00pm EST.

My last update was 6.8, too. ā€˜22 Lariat SR.

Happy to provide my VIN, if it helps.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
@mattskr The update appears exactly the same on your truck as the others I've checked.

I just read through the thread, if there is suspicion it is updating As Built, can't I likely download my As Built data now and then again in a few days and see what changed? I guess there is always the chance the truck just sent an update to the mothership in the last hour, but might help with a compare.
If my source says it changes as-built data in the TCU, I fully trust him. I have never seen Jesse be wrong about anything. You can download it and save it to compare whenever your truck syncs up, but it can and most likely will take longer than a few days.

Same exact thing for me this evening. Drove to church, there about 1.5 hours and when I pulled back into garage, this update popped up as completed. My last update was 6.8.0 in December. Didn't get the malformed 6.13.0 ;).

I've been watching my connectivity icons and when in garage I just have Wi-Fi, no cell. That switches over to cell when I pull out of my driveway. When I come home, cell goes away and Wi-Fi returns.

@rugedraw, if you still have my VIN from the DM's, let me know when it was sent. I left the house about 6:15 CST, at church 10 minutes later. Then left church at 7:50 and home about 8:00.
OTA time stamp is below. The tricky thing is that this update doesn't show it downloaded any files. The interrogator polls post the log, followed by the hash response from the server, the manifest posts and then the OTA is ready to install. No files downloaded. The OTA trigger was activate at 7:15pm and by 7:17pm, it was ready to install.

Ford F-150 Lightning Priority Update-23-PU1113-UNX-DC [Connectivity] 1708484826826

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
I just noticed the update in FordPass too. I assume itā€™s this update although the FordPass has the ā€œunable to retrieve update detailsā€ as to the actual update name.

I left my office around 7:00pm EST.

My last update was 6.8, too. ā€˜22 Lariat SR.

Happy to provide my VIN, if it helps.
PTS doesn't show if it downloaded via wifi or its own modem. Just trying to see if anyone had gotten this with wifi off. Trying to determine if wifi is required as the update says.

FinsNBolts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
PTS doesn't show if it downloaded via wifi or its own modem. Just trying to see if anyone had gotten this with wifi off. Trying to determine if wifi is required as the update says.
My truck does connect to WiFi at the office and at home, so the best I can say is itā€™s possible it downloaded on WiFi.

I will say that I ā€œfeltā€ like the truck updated yesterday merely because my dash screen was reset again and I had to adjust my settings. But I didnā€™t get the FordPass notification until tonight.

Here is my VIN if it provides any clarity:
1FTVW1EL7NWG05490

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
My truck does connect to WiFi at the office and at home, so the best I can say is itā€™s possible it downloaded on WiFi.

I will say that I ā€œfeltā€ like the truck updated yesterday merely because my dash screen was reset again and I had to adjust my settings. But I didnā€™t get the FordPass notification until tonight.

Here is my VIN if it provides any clarity:
1FTVW1EL7NWG05490
It was today. Time stamp of the update is below:

Ford F-150 Lightning Priority Update-23-PU1113-UNX-DC [Connectivity] 1708486742601
Sponsored