• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

ProPower can now be used with vehicle off?

OP
OP
petemill

petemill

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 ER Lariat +PRB +Unleashed, '11 ford escape v6
Occupation
Software
I'd like to be able to just start ProPower, turn off the truck and lock her up. Woudl be nice to have ProPower control on the app.
Well of course but in emergencies for a few hours it's not a problem to leave the vehicle on. The main issue is overnight / multi-day camping when the vehicle being on uses 400W consistently. Thats 7% of the ER battery per day wasted on nothing.
Sponsored

John Becker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Light'g Lariat SR, '18 Audi S5 Cabriolet
Well of course but in emergencies for a few hours it's not a problem to leave the vehicle on. The main issue is overnight / multi-day camping when the vehicle being on uses 400W consistently. Thats 7% of the ER battery per day wasted on nothing.
That's a painful gross waste of energy.

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
I had a 12 hour power outage a couple weeks ago and used PP to run the house. After a few hours I realized I hadn’t turned off the shutdown timer but it never turned off. I need to experiment again to see if there’s been a change to the setting.
P. 183 of the manual:
When you switch the power outlets on, the
vehicle power down timer is disabled and
the vehicle continues to be powered on.

Now, I'm not sure if there might be a threshold of power usage also. With no load, I found it did shut down but with a continuos load it didn't shut down.

More testing required to confirm.

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
multi-day camping when the vehicle being on uses 400W consistently. Thats 7% of the ER battery per day wasted on nothing.
I think I saw 380W with the a/c running. I left the a/c on to keep the cab cool for groceries and a refrigerator kept inside. Was a nice spot to cool off when temperature was over 90F outside with no breeze!

Sponsored

MRButtler

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Lightning
This is even more puzzling now. If 12V battery gets charged when the truck is awake as well as when it is sleep, then people fixing their update problems with charging the 12V battery must be just in their mind and a matter of coincidence.
I note your sarcasm, and paraphrase:
It's documented that 12v batteries are charged when vehicle is on (sometimes for an hour), because that's the only way some were struggling to get updates.

Or max limit of when charging stops does not match the min limit of what some of the updates need. Or parasitic power loss is higher than we thought and charging frequency lower than needed to top off for update to succeed.
The 12v batteries are on the lot under-charged or frozen. The battery can sulfate to uselessness, unless reconditioned through a special charge.

has anyone hooked up anything to record when and how often power is flowing into their 12V and at what voltage/SOC it stops?
Suggest looking on the forum for the people who have used CarScanner, who recorded this type of data.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
I note your sarcasm, and paraphrase:
It's documented that 12v batteries are charged when vehicle is on (sometimes for an hour), because that's the only way some were struggling to get updates.

The 12v batteries are on the lot under-charged or frozen. The battery can sulfate to uselessness, unless reconditioned through a special charge.

Suggest looking on the forum for the people who have used CarScanner, who recorded this type of data.
For those interested, here is a useful thread regarding 12V battery maintenance from the Mach-E forum:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/how-to-recondition-service-your-12v-battery.11069/

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
I had a 12 hour power outage a couple weeks ago and used PP to run the house. After a few hours I realized I hadn’t turned off the shutdown timer but it never turned off. I need to experiment again to see if there’s been a change to the setting.
Anytime I have used my Pro Power in the bed my timer always disables automatically. I have verified the timer is active, then I plug something in and timer is disabled
Sponsored