• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Radio Exploding sonic boom then alien clicking static

OP
OP

O’Majestic1’slightnigF150

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F350 F250 F250 Taurus Cessna Super Air Natique
Occupation
Retired Engineer & Product Developer
Ford never contacted. I did receive a follow up questionnaire from the NHTSB early this week from the “case” I submitted to the NHTSB.
Sponsored

Replika

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MR. PLOW - ER Lariat
Does torquing the battery terminals help anything? I also have the drivetrain malfunction issue happening intermittently.

Or maybe pulling the fuse for the speaker system?

Replika

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MR. PLOW - ER Lariat
Well, I called the BEV Team and they were very nice but they said they have never heard of this issue. I believe that I spoke with somebody that handled F150 trucks in general, not just Lightning. I'm still waiting for the vehicle to replace my Lightning, but for the time being I have the fuse pulled for the amplifier.

Another thought is disconnecting most of the speakers, maybe leaving the front L and R. In the event of a catastrophic overload fewer transducers should equate to less noise. Not sure how that would affect the system (it may sense a lack of resistance). For what it's worth, this glitch has been noted in B&O systems used in other brands.

Whammy Bar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1971 F100 + 2022⚡Lariat ER
Occupation
Electrician
** TURN YOUR SOUND WAAAAY DOWN!!! **

I installed a dash cam this morning.... hopped in to go to work about a half hour later. Finally captured the concert volume level dial up modem sound in action.

22 Lariat. Wireless Android Auto.

Happens 5-10 times a week. Its getting really old.

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
A software fix for this has now been released.

SSM 51663 2021-2023 F-150/Expedition - Pop Noise And/Or Static In Speakers At Start Up
2021-2023 F-150/Expedition may exhibit a pop noise and/or static in the speakers at start up that cannot be turned down or off using the audio system controls. To correct the condition, reprogram the audio digital signal processing module (DSP) to the latest software level using the Ford Diagnosis and Repair System (FDRS) diagnostic scan tool. For claiming, use causal part 18B849 and applicable labor operations in Section 10 of the Service Labor Time Standards (SLTS) Manual.

Sponsored
OP
OP

O’Majestic1’slightnigF150

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F350 F250 F250 Taurus Cessna Super Air Natique
Occupation
Retired Engineer & Product Developer
Thanks. Perfect timing. I just picked up my Lightning with 11k miles from the dealer after having the 10k mile checkup. I don’t have much confidence letting any dealer touch my truck. After calling and asking every dealership service manager within 50 miles to define coolant strength for a Lightning with zero confidence in the many different answers, I’m going to wait a while before I let them do software upgrades. Waited 1000 miles before I had the guts to take it in today. I guess I shouldn’t complain. Zero charge for the service. Why can’t this be an OTA load? Thanks for the info!

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
Thanks. Perfect timing. I just picked up my Lightning with 11k miles from the dealer after having the 10k mile checkup. I don’t have much confidence letting any dealer touch my truck. After calling and asking every dealership service manager within 50 miles to define coolant strength for a Lightning with zero confidence in the many different answers, I’m going to wait a while before I let them do software upgrades. Waited 1000 miles before I had the guts to take it in today. I guess I shouldn’t complain. Zero charge for the service. Why can’t this be an OTA load? Thanks for the info!
And this was just posted in OASIS with a date of 15 Sep.

What I'd like to know is what you're supposed to do if your FDRS software list doesn't include an update to the DSP module (per the attached SSM). My popping noise started when I did the DSP update months ago. Now that update has dropped off the list. I suppose I could do a PMI but I don't think that's going to solve the problem.

Attachments