• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Reduced Power after update

emmelj

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, 2018 Tesla M3
Receiving 1/2 power, only rear motor after update. No errors or notifications. Any suggestions? @Ford Motor Company
Sponsored

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
This does happen occasionally after updates. Turning the truck off and on again usually clears it.

MillieChliette

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GTPE (sold). F150L Platinum
Happens occasionally. It's a glitch and it'll go away.

There's a thread on this probably once a week.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Glad you got it fixed, but for anyone reading the thread, don't immediately jump to pulling the 12v connections, let the truck have some time to settle in, there could be background processes that need to finish, pulling the power could brick your truck if done to soon.

Sponsored

Adventureboy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Glad you got it fixed, but for anyone reading the thread, don't immediately jump to pulling the 12v connections, let the truck have some time to settle in, there could be background processes that need to finish, pulling the power could brick your truck if done to soon.
I wholeheartedly second this!

For the 1/2 power thing, you need to leave the truck off for 10-15 minutes I believe. Off/On doesn't always work without the brief wait. I think it needs to allow the powertrain module to shut down which takes a few minutes after you shut it off.

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT SR Avalanche
I wholeheartedly second this!

For the 1/2 power thing, you need to leave the truck off for 10-15 minutes I believe. Off/On doesn't always work without the brief wait. I think it needs to allow the powertrain module to shut down which takes a few minutes after you shut it off.
This is correct for at least myself. I tried it at a stop light and it went to 100% then bounced to 74 then finally at 64% again. I'll see if it's changed here in an hour from work.

Sponsored
OP
OP

emmelj

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, 2018 Tesla M3
Just curious if you got back to 100% after a while?
I drove it for the day. Same thing. start it up, 100%, then after putting it in drive, it would drop to 56%. That day, I had turned it off and on numerous times while running errands. Finally, disconnecting battery did the trick.

Adventureboy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
I drove it for the day. Same thing. start it up, 100%, then after putting it in drive, it would drop to 56%. That day, I had turned it off and on numerous times while running errands. Finally, disconnecting battery did the trick.
Thx, this is good to know. I'll add this to my list of tricks for the Lightning if the symptoms are persistent.
Sponsored