• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

SecuriAlert feature is ending 5/15/23

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Got this message from Ford Pass app.

As of 5/15/23, SecuriAlert will be ending.

Probably a good idea since it never worked right.

Ford F-150 Lightning SecuriAlert feature is ending 5/15/23 B830F108-3268-4FA3-B5D8-961FA5BD3379
Sponsored

4Reeley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat
What features will be going away for Lightning owners? Was it ever available on the Lightning? The only discussions I've seen are from Bronco/MachE owners and that option never existed for the Lightnings, at least not for me.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I disabled the feature in the truck after getting false alerts.

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 150 lariat, 22 lightning lariat blend 4/18/22
What features will be going away for Lightning owners? Was it ever available on the Lightning? The only discussions I've seen are from Bronco/MachE owners and that option never existed for the Lightnings, at least not for me.
@4Reeley

this was a great little feature. When my truck slept for 4 months in Dearborn last summer, the door unlock trigger would let me know when it was being shuttled between parking lots.

Even better was a Saturday evening, sitting at a baseball game getting the notification, an hour later seeing it moving down interstate 75 on its way to Baltimore. 20 hours later door opened again as he dropped at the dealer.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
SecureAlert has never worked for my Lightning or Mach-E. Don't miss it.

I did like having it on my 2021 Lariat. I could tell when the dealer was doing my numerous recalls. Never found a use for it other than that occasion.

sd25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX, F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, Rivian R1T
The idea was good, how they chose to implement it was terrible.
Why do I need to be alerted if the door is unlocked with a valid key? I just want to be alerted about actual security problems.

Hope they come up with a better implementation in the future. Preferably something like Tesla's or Rivian's security cam features.

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
I don't understand how Ford can be this gigantic company and not have quality software folk. As good as the Lightning is, the experience could be so much more. I hold on to hope that they figure it out.
Most of the software people in this industry focus on the ridiculously complex engineering that control things like the power delivery to the motors and batteries and things like traction control, driving assistants, etc..

They definitely need some more people focused on customer experience features too. Today's computer controlled vehicles are connected to the Internet and that creates countless ways to add features with just a software update to the vehicles, website and apps. They're only scratching the surface.

It seems like Tesla works in reverse. They've got a bunch of software people who dream up crazy ideas that traditional car companies would never try.

For example:

Sentry Mode, using the cameras to record security videos to a USB stick in the center console.

Pet Mode, to keep the cabin comfortable enough for your pet if you need to walk away. It even puts a message on the screen letting people know the pet is safe, so people don't smash the windows to save the pet.

Camping Mode, which regulates the temperature if you decide to sleep in your car.

Not to mention silly stuff like changing the horn to fart sounds or "Dance Mode", pushing a button and having the lights and doors do a show.

Sponsored

Greg K

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
For security of the Lightning, I heard and watched a YouTube video on a product called Canopy, made by ADT, in partnership with Ford.. it looked pretty good and supposed to roll out sometime this year.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
For security of the Lightning, I heard and watched a YouTube video on a product called Canopy, made by ADT, in partnership with Ford.. it looked pretty good and supposed to roll out sometime this year.
Or....Ford could implement a pin to drive on the infotainment screen similar to what Tesla has and give it to everyone for free. Don't put in the pin, you're not driving the truck.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
As far as the whole software side of things. I was reading stuff lately about the whole mess over at VW and how automotive executives don't know how to manage a software development team. And I can see how that could be the case. It's been said that Tesla is a software company that is building cars. What these legacy automakers need to do is hire / buy a software company and then let them manage themselves without mutch interference.
Sponsored