• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Stop Driving Immediately: high voltage battery and power train warning

Walle1jm

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning SR XLT 312A
I’ve described on my own thread but just for documentation purposes, I am no longer able to L2 charge, I receive a fault. Dealer won’t be able to get it in for several weeks.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Blaster

Blaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L PRO, VW ID.4
Update: Ford has assigned me a point person to communicate with. This is exceptional, the ability to channel all issues through one person, it's impressive.

They described they will be working with my dealer to address issues, expedite repairs, and answer any questions I have in the meantime. Additionally, and also exceptionally, they will be reimbursing all gas purchased with the loaner in the meantime.

I look forward to getting my truck back, beyond missing android auto and the ability to guiltlessly idle, I've already chewed through half a tank in less than 2 days with my routine schedule.

Adventureboy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
So of interest here.. I've had my truck for over a year now.
I charge at home and I plug in when I get home at 6:00pm the latest. My truck is set to charge beginning at 11:00pm so it sits plugged in for 5 hours every single night before the charging starts. and I've only gotten this error once before. . I have nothing aftermarket hooked up.
Interesting. I seem to get it regularly, yet when I check the LVB voltage it is perfectly fine. I've had the message since new and the dealer has multiple F150Ls with a similar situation. If you've had yours for a year, you probably have a 2022 (lucky you - you probably have heated steering wheel and onboard scales too!). I wonder if something changed in the hardware between 2022 MY and 2023.

Adventureboy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
So of interest here.. I've had my truck for over a year now.
I charge at home and I plug in when I get home at 6:00pm the latest. My truck is set to charge beginning at 11:00pm so it sits plugged in for 5 hours every single night before the charging starts. and I've only gotten this error once before. . I have nothing aftermarket hooked up.
I found a post that suggests the LVB Battery Management System (BMS) can get out of whack and cause this error. I found the procedure for resetting the LVB BMS so I'm going to try that and see if it clears it up.

OP
OP
Blaster

Blaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L PRO, VW ID.4
Update: last Thursday dealer informed me that the 2nd battery module needed to be replaced, they've been in touch with Ford and the part(s) have already been shipped and were expected to be received and swapped this week.

Dealer was confident I would.be back in the truck no later than Thursday.

I look forward to confirming the above with y'all soon.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired

Woodsm44

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 lightning Lariat ER
Yep that is the update. Same morning, the error codes arrived. I don’t know if they are related or just a coincidence. I’m on vacation 3 hrs from my dealer. Trying to figure out if this this thing is safe to drive home (at reduced power) or not.

are folks thinking the fault errors are caused by the update (and is there a fix?)

I have a 2022 ER

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Yep that is the update. Same morning, the error codes arrived. I don’t know if they are related or just a coincidence. I’m on vacation 3 hrs from my dealer. Trying to figure out if this this thing is safe to drive home (at reduced power) or not.

are folks thinking the fault errors are caused by the update (and is there a fix?)

I have a 2022 ER
It is coincidence. If your truck will drive it is safe to do so but if the fault reoccurs it will limit your power significantly. Call the customer relations team, ask for the BEV team, and tell them what is going on. They can help if you end up needing a rental to get home

YankeeCP

First Name
CP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat SR Lightning
Received these same notices after an update installed. Truck only available with 25% power now 😞

Sponsored

YankeeCP

First Name
CP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat SR Lightning
Also not able to charge at home. Receiving red lights and Charge Fault error

Ford F-150 Lightning Stop Driving Immediately: high voltage battery and power train warning IMG_4129
Ford F-150 Lightning Stop Driving Immediately: high voltage battery and power train warning IMG_4130

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
tracking PM/RP problems - see signature spreadsheet - would be interesting to see build dates and mileage, RSVP?

DanielM92563

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning ER, Taycan CrossTursimo4, 23 Canyon
Same update and errors. I had mine towed to the dealer yesterday, they can’t look at it until next week.
Ford F-150 Lightning Stop Driving Immediately: high voltage battery and power train warning IMG_1370

Speeddemon

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model y
I got the same errors yesterday. It was on my Ford charge station pro charging overnight and I noticed I had a charge fault warning in the morning. Those errors came up afterwards while driving. I only had 20% power available while driving.

When I got home I logged in with FDRS and printed all the errors as well as battery module information before clearing the codes. Once the codes were cleared everything was back to normal.

I’ll reach out to the battery team for guidance but it’s my only vehicle right now and I can’t let it just sit at a dealership for weeks.

How did you clear the codes? I’d like to do the same, I think this is a software bug. Had the same happen.

irpete

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
I cleared mine with FDRS but I’d imagine you could use most any OBD2 scanner.
Sponsored