• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Systems Integration

georgepearkes

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Wanted to start a thread to brainstorm ways Ford can improve software integration of existing systems inside the Lightning. One example: since I’ve set up HomeLink for my garage door , I should be able to open my garage via FordPass. What are some other ideas in that sort of vein?
Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Homelink is standalone. Other than 12V power, it doesn’t have anything in common with other modules. It’s simply a universal garage door remote mounted in the visor.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
If you want integration and innovation you should have bought a Tesla. I'll be happy when Ford can figure out how to get SW updates out that install in a decent time frame.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Jezzz, I haven't been able to pair my garage door opener with the truck, it might be too antiquated or I'm doing something wrong, LOL, I still use the old button.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Jezzz, I haven't been able to pair my garage door opener with the truck, it might be too antiquated or I'm doing something wrong, LOL, I still use the old button.
What kind of opener and what year was it installed?

Sponsored

lakeguy55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat, 2011 F-150, 98 Expedition
If you are intrested in Home Automation, search for "home automation matter". Matter is a long-awaited industry standard, adopted by most of the major players. It's first revision was recently released and many products should start hitting the marketplace with Matter support. Some older devices will be able to be supported (but probably not a years old garage door opener).

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
If you are intrested in Home Automation, search for "home automation matter". Matter is a long-awaited industry standard, adopted by most of the major players. It's first revision was recently released and many products should start hitting the marketplace with Matter support. Some older devices will be able to be supported (but probably not a years old garage door opener).
The good news is that there are add on products for garage door openers that can update them without having to replace the whole opener. MyQ is the leader that comes to mind. I figure they will update their add on products (or create new ones) to incorporate Matter.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
The good news is that there are add on products for garage door openers that can update them without having to replace the whole opener. MyQ is the leader that comes to mind. I figure they will update their add on products (or create new ones) to incorporate Matter.
MyQ (Chamberlain) has shown a reluctance to provide free access to anyone. They've integrated with a handful of car companies, I assume there was money involved. They specifically disabled free access after it was discovered by them to work.

laselvasurf

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning XLT, 13 Raptor, 13 X5M, 03 Excursion
MyQ (Chamberlain) has shown a reluctance to provide free access to anyone. They've integrated with a handful of car companies, I assume there was money involved. They specifically disabled free access after it was discovered by them to work.
I use this through my HomeKit setup and my garage door shows up on my CarPlay screen whenever I get about .5 miles away from my house automatically.

My XLT didn't come with HomeLink, so that is my simple workaround. I also have HomeKit automations that arm/disarm my house, close the garage, lock all the locks as soon as my wife and I leave the house for more than a couple minutes. I do with Apple would include a HomeKit app in CarPlay so I could do more from the truck though.

kbuicker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
THIS is what stumps you! hehehe, you seem so knowledgeable & helpful about everything, and you're stumped by the garage door opener! Man, that's like my dad. He's a retired fighter pilot who flew in Vietnam and set all sorts of records, as well as pulling 9Gs in an F-16 only now to be stumped by his iPhone :) . All kidding aside, no learn button on your garage main unit?

Sponsored

kbuicker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
There was a post on Twitter months ago, guy with a new Bronco had integrated a garage door opener into his Sync.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Tesla just integrated the MyQ into the geofence, I think it's about $75 a year, so way too steep.

All I know is I put a new opener up about 5 years ago and it has it built in and I've never paid a fee. I didn't realize they were charging all these fees now. Sad because it is such a simple interface/API. Everything is going this way though - they want a lifelong revenue stream from the simplest of things.

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
MyQ is fully integrated, I pay no fees, Amazon uses it for secure package delivery inside our garage, so we have stuff shipped while travelling. We use Apple homekit with video integration to eufy cameras, can see inside and outside the garage, open and close the door, can speak to anyone inside or out. Integration is here, you just have to make sure to go with a single system (apple in out case) and nothing else. That meant buying the correct Hunter fans, Lutron switches and outlets, electronically controlled shades and blinds, door locks, speaker assistants, sound systems, even televisions. Matter's arrival should solve any cross-platform issues in the next year or so, but for some of us, life is too short to wait, and in our case, it all works if today you are careful with product selection.

tls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
Homelink is standalone. Other than 12V power, it doesn’t have anything in common with other modules. It’s simply a universal garage door remote mounted in the visor.
Sort-of universal. It won't open a number of doors that the Homelink module on our Model Y has no problem with. On the other hand, we had to buy the Homelink module for the Tesla, while Ford threw theirs in for free.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
THIS is what stumps you! hehehe, you seem so knowledgeable & helpful about everything, and you're stumped by the garage door opener! Man, that's like my dad. He's a retired fighter pilot who flew in Vietnam and set all sorts of records, as well as pulling 9Gs in an F-16 only now to be stumped by his iPhone :) . All kidding aside, no learn button on your garage main unit?
Too funny right!?!?

Honestly, getting the truck all set up in early August was my highest priority, the instruction in the MoCo manual didn't work, so I resolved to simply using the legacy portable button.

The unit is 22+ years old, Genie Excelerator which is supposed to be homelink compatible, I did some additional research this evening and found this, which it appears the procedures starting in page 1 which are much more detailed may be the solution, hopefully I can get it working this weekend.

https://www.geniecompany.com/_files/ugd/3ef5a4_f8eed566fd73499dbbfed343935a6b63.pdf
Sponsored