• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

boggle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 PRO
Waiting for the inevitable articles from Telsa owners moaning about us blocking spots.

Despite Tesla's blessing, I'm not sure this will be received well.

Ford F-150 Lightning Tested: Pros & Cons of charging Ford EV (Mach-E) at Tesla Superchargers -- by WSJ 1709826410416

Last edited:

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Blocking it like they suggest will at least prevent someone from pulling up alongside and then discovering they can't use it. If I where a tesla driver, that would make me more angry than seeing it blocked and going to a working spot off the bat. Of course, I don't think like most tesla drivers so...who knows.

ddimit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla model S 2023 F150 Lightning Lairat
Occupation
Manager
Blocking it like they suggest will at least prevent someone from pulling up alongside and then discovering they can't use it. If I where a tesla driver, that would make me more angry than seeing it blocked and going to a working spot off the bat. Of course, I don't think like most tesla drivers so...who knows.
I ordered a collapsible orange cone from Amazon. When it gets to the point I would block it to prevent a stall from being used, I will cone it off.

Tesla techs do this when they service a site.
Not sure if it will be that effective though I saw a Tesla driver roll up and move the cone and back in. The Tesla Tech came over and chewed him a new one for moving the cone. There is a bit of entitlement, so I am sure there will be conflicts in the future

Sponsored

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
I ordered a collapsible orange cone from Amazon. When it gets to the point I would block it to prevent a stall from being used, I will cone it off.

Tesla techs do this when they service a site.
Not sure if it will be that effective though I saw a Tesla driver roll up and move the cone and back in. The Tesla Tech came over and chewed him a new one for moving the cone. There is a bit of entitlement, so I am sure there will be conflicts in the future
Maybe you need 2 cones, some caution tape, and some white sidewalk chalk. :D

TheWoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum, 2021 Bronco Badlands
I haven't yet charged at a Supercharger site and I'm ready to stop talking about us "blocking two chargers". That's not an accurate description. At V3 locations, if we're parking in a stall and using the charger on the driver side, that's the charger we're using. There's nothing preventing another vehicle with a port on the same side as ours from pulling into the spot to our right and also charging.

It's not our fault Tesla installed the V3 chargers the way they did. They made the conscious decision to do it that way because it made sense in a closed system, but they also made the conscious decision to open their chargers to other manufacturers with a variety of charge port locations. That means everyone is going to have to learn to get along.

As long as there's a free spot to the right of the right-most charger, you could say a Tesla is blocking two spots when it uses the charger to its right just as easily as a Ford is when using a charger to the left. Anyone who voices displeasure to me is going to hear that explanation.

Now, if you're pulling in across spots, that's a different story. Don't do that.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
^ This. There is no correct spot. Tesla says so themselves on their page. Park where you can access a charger. Period.
I think humanity will figure it out. Some of us are stressing out needlessly.
We have had MagicDock access for almost a year now. I have not seen any reports of fist fights or deaths there. ;)

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired engineer
You are going to cone off a spot that a Mach-E or Lightning could use to charge??? Or a spot for a Tesla to park and wait??

Sponsored

LazyLightningATX

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lariat ER
^ This. There is no correct spot. Tesla says so themselves on their page. Park where you can access a charger. Period.
I think humanity will figure it out. Some of us are stressing out needlessly.
We have had MagicDock access for almost a year now. I have not seen any reports of fist fights or deaths there. ;)
The one time I've gotten use magic dock, up there in Arlington (or wherever that technically is), I was the only vehicle there, but I still used the far end to not block anyone!

mrau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat⚡ER, VW ID4
Might be time to do away with the painted yellow lines at the Superchargers.
Just park where you can when you can. :)

ddimit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla model S 2023 F150 Lightning Lairat
Occupation
Manager
You are going to cone off a spot that a Mach-E or Lightning could use to charge??? Or a spot for a Tesla to park and wait??
No See the image the red slot would be coned off as its non useable to anyone.
Ford F-150 Lightning Tested: Pros & Cons of charging Ford EV (Mach-E) at Tesla Superchargers -- by WSJ 1709922779626

LazyLightningATX

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lariat ER
No See the image the red slot would be coned off as its non useable to anyone.
1709922779626.png
Not usable to anyone in a tesla...another ford could charge where your cone would be...obv assuming a tesla was not already plugged on the left..

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired engineer
Not usable to anyone in a tesla...another ford could charge where your cone would be...
No he's correct, the Tesla in space 1 is using the charger that a Ford would use. But I still wouldn't cone anything off. Someone may want to go ahead and park there and wait.

But I defer to @ddimit who's owned a Tesla for 9 years on what the etiquette seems to be at SC stations.
Sponsored