• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Tire Pressure TPMS Fault and low keyfob range

abel408

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Pro
Hi all,

I've been experiencing an odd issue with my TPMS sensors and keyfob. While I'm driving, I'll get a notification that their is a tire pressure fault and 1 or more of my TPMS sensors will disappear from my dash. In addition, if I have the keyfob in my pocket, I may get a notification while I'm driving that the keyfob has left the vehicle. If I take the key out of my pocket and place in closer to the dash, it seems to find it again. I've also noticed that at times I have to be literally right next to the truck to lock and unluck with the keyfob.

The problem is intermittent and I haven't yet figured out what triggers it, but it seems to happen more often when the weather is warmer (higher than 80 degrees). My tire pressure also increases to above 40 when it's warmer, so I'm not sure if that's related.

I've installed the LED emblem and a powetrax tonneau cover (the one with the remote) a month ago. The problem didn't immediately start after I installed them, but I'm not sure if they may be causing an issue.

I found this recall for the 2021 F-150 and it seems to describe my problem exactly: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2021/MC-10201583-0002.pdf

Scheduling an appointment with the dealership, but I wouldn't be surprised if the problem doesn't present itself while they troubleshoot. Wondering if anyone else is having this issue.
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Hi all,

I've been experiencing an odd issue with my TPMS sensors and keyfob. While I'm driving, I'll get a notification that their is a tire pressure fault and 1 or more of my TPMS sensors will disappear from my dash. In addition, if I have the keyfob in my pocket, I may get a notification while I'm driving that the keyfob has left the vehicle. If I take the key out of my pocket and place in closer to the dash, it seems to find it again. I've also noticed that at times I have to be literally right next to the truck to lock and unluck with the keyfob.

The problem is intermittent and I haven't yet figured out what triggers it, but it seems to happen more often when the weather is warmer (higher than 80 degrees). My tire pressure also increases to above 40 when it's warmer, so I'm not sure if that's related.

I've installed the LED emblem and a powetrax tonneau cover (the one with the remote) a month ago. The problem didn't immediately start after I installed them, but I'm not sure if they may be causing an issue.

I found this recall for the 2021 F-150 and it seems to describe my problem exactly: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2021/MC-10201583-0002.pdf

Scheduling an appointment with the dealership, but I wouldn't be surprised if the problem doesn't present itself while they troubleshoot. Wondering if anyone else is having this issue.
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
Hi all,

Good luck with your intermittent issues. However the tire pressure should not be increasing to 40psi it should be decreasing. The recommended pressure for the OEM tires is 42psi.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Good luck with your intermittent issues. However the tire pressure should not be increasing to 40psi it should be decreasing. The recommended pressure for the OEM tires is 42psi.
Is that the case with PRO's and AT's , not seen a tire placard for a PRO in a long time.

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
The manual doesn’t define a difference.

Mine is Lariat and its placard says 42.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
The manual doesn’t define a difference.

Mine is Lariat and its placard says 42.
OP is running a PRO, IIRC there are differences with trims and tire/wheel fitments.

Ford F-150 Lightning Tire Pressure TPMS Fault and low keyfob range 1686795322356

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
Tire pressures do increase as the tires warm up. Leave the tire pressure display up when starting the truck and note the pressures at start, then drive for 5 minutes and glance down to check. All of them should have gone up a few PSI.

There was another thread/post concerning that frunk LED Ford emblem causing interference on somebody's radio. Try temporarily pulling the add-a-tap off the fuse you have it connected to and see if the symptoms are still there. I also have that LED emblem and ordered the magnetic chokes from Amazon to wrap the positive lead around, but just haven't gotten around to doing it yet. But I'd check that first.

OP
OP

abel408

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Pro
OP is running a PRO, IIRC there are differences with trims and tire/wheel fitments.

1686795322356.png
You are correct
Ford F-150 Lightning Tire Pressure TPMS Fault and low keyfob range PXL_20230615_085727022

The PSI doesn't seem to be affecting my issue though. I completely forgot out the Govee LED interior lights I added. They seem to be causing the issue. When I turn them off, the range on the keyfob increases tremendously. No idea why, but sometimes the led lights have little to no affect on the range and sometimes they affect it to the point where I need to be right next to the car. I know that LEDs cause cause weird RF issues.
Sponsored