• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

RainorshinePNW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Lightning, Lariat ER, black/black
https://money.usnews.com/investing/...ecalls-2-900-ev-f-150-lightning-pickup-trucks

June 27, 2022

(Reuters) - Ford Motor Co said Monday it will recall about 2,900 F-150 Lightning trucks because a software issue may result in a failure to provide adequate warning of low tire pressure.

The recall is the first for the Ford electric pickup truck. Ford said the trucks tire pressure monitoring system light may not illuminate when intended and may not be able to provide adequate warning of low tire inflation pressure because the recommended tire cold inflation pressure value was incorrectly set to 35 psi rather than the correct inflation pressure of 42 psi.

The recall covers 2,666 U.S. vehicles and 220 in Canada. There are no accidents or injuries connected to the recall.

Ford said low tire inflation pressure may lead to poor vehicle handling and a possible loss of vehicle control, which could increase the risk of a crash. Dealers will update the Body Control Module software for undelivered vehicles and customers who want the remedy immediately, a fix that takes approximately 20 minutes.

Ford will also have the software update available through an over-the-air update in 30 days for all current customers.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
EV Gypsy
For incorrect tire pressure monitor. Module and/or software update from dealer.
‘Not an earthshaking development.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Not a big deal really, but not a great look for Ford following on from the Mach-e recall.

OP
OP
RainorshinePNW

RainorshinePNW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Lightning, Lariat ER, black/black
At first I thought this might have something to do with all the orders that were suddenly on chip holds. A lot of speculation that maybe it was more updates to chips, than actual chip holds.

Skidrowe

First Name
Gideon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning ER, 2014 Honda Pilot
What I'm hearing is that Ford has delivered about 2,666 Lightnings in the last month. How many 2022s were they planning to build? What kind of extrapolation can we perform on this data to guestimate future production and deliveries?

Sponsored

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
To be clear, this isn't a problem with the TPMS sensor modules themselves.

The way I'm reading it, the software thinks the correct inflation pressure is 35 PSI when it's actually supposed to be 42 PSI. If that's the case, the software wouldn't alert you of a low reading between 35 and 42 PSI but would issue an alert if it's below 35 PSI.

@Mike G discovered this discrepancy almost 3 weeks ago.

Maybe the engineers at @Ford Motor Company should monitor this forum to avoid future embarrassment.

Last edited:

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
To be clear, this isn't a problem with the TPMS sensor modules themselves.

The way I'm reading it, the software thinks the correct inflation pressure is 35 PSI when it's actually supposed to be 42 PSI. If that's the case, the software wouldn't alert you of a low reading between 35 and 42 PSI but would issue an alert if it's below 35 PSI.

@Mike G discovered this discrepancy almost 3 weeks ago.

Maybe the engineers at @Ford Motor Company should monitor this forum to avoid future embarassment.
Oh, they are………

https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...-listening-to-this-forum-😏.10967/#post-224484

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
My understanding is that Ford cannot deliver any of the affected new vehicles until the recall repair is applied. If Ford has not already started that process, my fear is that it will be a while before trucks are shipped. Hopefully, the delay many of us have experienced is the software error and the time needed to apply the software update.

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
Maybe Car makers need another system to refer to this as...

A "recall" makes it sound serious...

This is about as minor as it can get.

Ohh no, my tires are a little lower than they should be...

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
What I'm hearing is that Ford has delivered about 2,666 Lightnings in the last month. How many 2022s were they planning to build? What kind of extrapolation can we perform on this data to guestimate future production and deliveries?
Rumors are upwards of 15k to 20k

Here is the highest VIN last6 on the forum so far

Ford F-150 Lightning RECALL on 2,900 Ford F-150 Lightning -- TPMS not warning of low tire pressure 1656366698945

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
My understanding is that Ford cannot deliver any of the affected new vehicles until the recall repair is applied

They'll update it at the dealer:

"Dealers will update the Body Control Module software for undelivered vehicles and customers who want the remedy immediately, a fix that takes approximately 20 minutes."

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
They'll update it at the dealer:

"Dealers will update the Body Control Module software for undelivered vehicles and customers who want the remedy immediately, a fix that takes approximately 20 minutes."
Ask @rlbussard if they updated it at the dealer….. Ford is a mess right now.

“The most important product” and we get the shit show that happened to @rlbussard smh…… yes I’m bitter

rlbussard

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Mach E GTPE, 22 Ford Lightning, 23 Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Army MSG Retired
Ask @rlbussard if they updated it at the dealer….. Ford is a mess right now.

“The most important product” and we get the shit show that happened to @rlbussard smh…… yes I’m bitter
I can't tell you if it was updated at the dealer, the railyard, or back at Dearborn because no one can still tell me where my truck is even at. The visibility report shows it never left the railyard, and the railyard says there system shows it still there and on hold Even though the visibility report says released.

You are right though, Ford has strung me along like a string puppet. I have been with @Ford Motor Company for along time, but they really are wearing my patience thin at this point. And calling customer service is a complete waste of time because it's like they are reading from a script. Hey at least they tell me they fell sorry for my whole situation. 😁

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
My winter wheels on most of the cars do not even have tpms sensors. Well, up until very recently. One car has new take off wheels for winter that came with sensors, other car has indirect tpms (uses abs sensors to find a wheel spinning at the wrong speed in comparison to the others), third car has no sensors and five cars prior to that had no sensors, just a warning light all winter. There should be a different name for recalls that can be fixed with a software update vs real hardware changes. This is as close to a nothing as you can get without it being nothing.
Sponsored