• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Truck is Bugging Out Today!

jmc6020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat
I have experienced a cluster of random issues today.

First I got a notification on FordPass that my truck was accidentally unplugged. The problem is the truck had not been plugged in for about 7 hours.
Then CarPlay would not work wired or wirelessly. A phone restart did not fix the issue but deleting the phone from the truck and pairing It as a new phone did.
Third, PAAK will not work at all and it has been rock solid for me all along until today.
Now the truck is saying it's at 0% SOC when I know it's not and FordPass correctly shows 47%

o_O
Sponsored

stickyfingers

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER

First I got a notification on FordPass that my truck was accidentally unplugged. The problem is the truck had not been plugged in for about 7 hours.
Then CarPlay would not work wired or wirelessly. A phone restart did not fix the issue but deleting the phone from the truck and pairing It as a new phone did.
Third, PAAK will not work at all and it has been rock solid for me all along until today.
Now the truck is saying it's at 0% SOC when I know it's not and FordPass correctly shows 47%

o_O
I had a similar issue yesterday. I got a notification from FordPass that my truck was accidently unplugged but it was sitting in my driveway for 2 days without being plugged in. I did wash the truck so not sure water got into the charge port to report that issue.

The day before CarPlay wirelessly didn't work for me on 2 occasions but worked on my 3rd drive of the day.

With PAAK, I got into the truck with my phone (unlocked as per usual), started the truck and got a notification to enter my backup code but that went away immediately.

I received the Tesla charger update last week. May have had something to do with buggy code in the update for FordPass/Truck.

OP
OP
jmc6020

jmc6020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I had a similar issue yesterday. I got a notification from FordPass that my truck was accidently unplugged but it was sitting in my driveway for 2 days without being plugged in. I did wash the truck so not sure water got into the charge port to report that issue.

The day before CarPlay wirelessly didn't work for me on 2 occasions but worked on my 3rd drive of the day.

With PAAK, I got into the truck with my phone (unlocked as per usual), started the truck and got a notification to enter my backup code but that went away immediately.

I received the Tesla charger update last week. May have had something to do with buggy code in FordPass/Truck.
I got the Tesla update last week as well

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Latent alerts in Fordpass is an indication if indigestion on the Ford Cloud Server.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I had an odd alert about communications, location services, etc. long wordy information box pop up after our mid day run, IMHO something is going on with the clouds.

Sponsored

Adventureboy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
If the problems are not persistent, I wonder if it might have been an update that didn't require immobilization. Normal folks without all the update gear have little insight into when or how the updates are applied and can cause glitches as it applies the update while we are driving.

@rugedraw posted a great overview of the update process here: https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...p-by-step-breakdown-of-the-ota-process.20875/

Worth the read if you want to know more about the process.

Last edited:

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
If the problems are not persistent, I wonder if it might have been an update that didn't require immobilization. Normal folks without all the update gear have little insight into when or how the updates are applied and can cause glitches as it applies the update while we are driving.

@rugedraw posted a great overview of the update process here: https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...p-by-step-breakdown-of-the-ota-process.20875/

Worth the read if you want to know more about the process.
I'm always checking the update status when ever the truck behaves strangely, nothing newer than what I received on 2/29 so far.

Adventureboy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm always checking the update status when ever the truck behaves strangely, nothing newer than what I received on 2/29 so far.
Just curious how are you checking? I have no visibility to any updates except the major ones that send a message to FordPass or on the Sync screen when they complete (or fail). Would be good to see a bit more detail on it.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Just curious how are you checking? I have no visibility to any updates except the major ones that send a message to FordPass or on the Sync screen when they complete (or fail). Would be good to see a bit more detail on it.
That's all I'm looking at. Sync Screen & FordPass

OP
OP
jmc6020

jmc6020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
PAAK still would not work this morning so I deleted the key and started over. No issues since and no reoccurrences of the issues I experienced yesterday.

Sponsored

Adventureboy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
PAAK still would not work this morning so I deleted the key and started over. No issues since and no reoccurrences of the issues I experienced yesterday.
Yep, had to do that once too.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150

o_O
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.  
Sponsored