• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Update 6.8 update problem

davidf01

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 lightning
Is anyone else having issues getting 6.8 installed? My install keeps saying it failed due to a prior process?
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired

merek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER [6/20]
I have the same problem. Never had a problem before this. Just says it was interrupted.

OP
OP

davidf01

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 lightning
First Name
Terr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Google
Occupation
RETIRED U.S.P.S.
Was having the same problem for two weeks. I tried charging to 100% after charging 90% for several months. The 6.8 update went right through to completion. Don't know if that was a coincidence.

Sponsored

Adventureboy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
I think 6.8.0 tried about 20 times on mine. It took about a dozen runs at it in December, then paused, then tried again 7-8 times in January before it finally went through. If I had to guess, I'd say 6.8.0 doesn't like it if the truck is actively L2 charging. It also doesn't like it if you try and update manually from the screen. When mine finally went through, I was not connected to an L2 charger, I had a trickle charger on the LVB (topped right up to 100%) and left the truck to do the update overnight on its own. Not sure how many blood sacrifices I made during the process.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
I think 6.8.0 tried about 20 times on mine. It took about a dozen runs at it in December, then paused, then tried again 7-8 times in January before it finally went through. If I had to guess, I'd say 6.8.0 doesn't like it if the truck is actively L2 charging. It also doesn't like it if you try and update manually from the screen. When mine finally went through, I was not connected to an L2 charger, I had a trickle charger on the LVB (topped right up to 100%) and left the truck to do the update overnight on its own. Not sure how many blood sacrifices I made during the process.
I have had two updates give me fits (RAD-PS and 6.8.0). They both finally installed after I was plugged in to the L2 charger for several hours when it did the scheduled attempt at 1 am. Also lost a lot of blood. For RAD-PS, I had on both a 12V charger and the L2. Maddening.

vagabond7846

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Platinum
i'm in the same boat. have tried 6.8 update over 2 dozen times under different charging scenarios. i have not measured 12v battery yet, nor have i gotten my battery module looked at yet (part of the service bulletin). i am hoping this is an issue w/ the LVB, as all prior software updates worked for me flawlessly.

i still dont quite understand why the LVB cant trickle charge when L2 is plugged in.

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
Mine went through no issue about 7-10 days ago. I have not had 12v battery module replaced yet. I was plugged in at home but not actively charging.

Rbert

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, Tesla model S
I am having the same issue, every update fails numerous times. I got a letter from Ford yesterday saying they are replacing a Low voltage battery sensor because it is sending false LVB battery information and interfering with downloads.

Sponsored

JPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lightning Lariat SR
Occupation
Rebar Detailer/Estimator
6.8 was the first update to fail on my 22' Lariat SR. About a week and a half later it tried again and succeeded. I have yet to even open the cover on my LVB, knock on wood.

Adventureboy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
i'm in the same boat. have tried 6.8 update over 2 dozen times under different charging scenarios. i have not measured 12v battery yet, nor have i gotten my battery module looked at yet (part of the service bulletin). i am hoping this is an issue w/ the LVB, as all prior software updates worked for me flawlessly.

i still dont quite understand why the LVB cant trickle charge when L2 is plugged in.
Agree. It ONLY charges while the HVB is charging. I also don't understand why the updates don't trigger the DC-DC charger to top up the 12v battery before the update. Update pending, truck plugged in, top up the 12v battery first before attempting the update and eliminate the drama. Seems simple.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
It was downloaded while I was out today. When I came home half hour ago, I installed it manually. It went smoothly with no drama. I always try to install unplugged (don't want to complicate things for a truck that is not that sharp to begin with). I started the install at 80% SOC on 12V. When it was done, I was at 73% SOC. My previous update shaved off over 40%.

My 12V SOC seem to stay at higher levels since the previous update. I am not sure if it is a coincidence, because I turn off connectivity more often or Ford is reading the voltage differently. I still have the original 12V BMS.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Most likely failing due to low capacity/SoC of the LVB. To anyone that wants to verify, post of PM me the VIN and I'll check in PTS.
Sponsored