• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gewalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro (no options)
Here is my dumbest wild-ass guess: someone forgot to manually install a fastener on something like a DC-in bus bar which is could be a rare safety issue the BMS can't self-identify. Ford is trying to figure out how many packs might have successfully DC fast charged after assembly without achieving their full self-immolation potential. Much finger pointing and political strife ensues, with our trucks caught in the bureaucratic mess despite plenty of trucks from later production dates having already delivered to happy owners.

The end.
Sponsored

Fordskeptic

First Name
Chevy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy, toyota, honda, jeep
I am not sure that storing a battery at full charge for weeks on end is a good thing. Perhaps state of charge matters?

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
I am not sure that storing a battery at full charge for weeks on end is a good thing. Perhaps state of charge matters?
I wonder if they charge them to 100% at the factory? Mine was around 85% when it rolled off the transport truck.

9onmy6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M2, Ducati MTS 1260, 2023 SR Lightning XLT
Occupation
Housemaker/Veteran
According to my charge logs, the dealer added 24% before I took delivery, taking to 100%.
The lack of information is concerning. Some delivered, some held.
Maybe someone should toss up a poll with trim, SR or ER, build week, delivered or held. Maybe we can pinpoint cutoff date and trim.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Soooooo… you are sayin we good….:censored:
:eek: - lol, nope, I'm not believing that until someone comes clean. I don't give a :poop: about SK and what they won't even show Ford. It's all BS. They don't want to show Ford a problem they just discovered that might affect all trucks and cost them millions if they have to fix it.

Those two companies have more lawyers than all of us here can count. They have non-disclosures; they have very detailed working relationships. If Ford doesn't know what the heck is going on and SK doesn't want to show them - them I'm fully believing something is being covered up. Plain and simple.

Will it really affect my truck? Am I worried about it, not terribly no, but I don't believe what we are being told either.

Sponsored

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Just my opinion...but this doesn't strike me as a design issue. If so there would be more fires than one truck out of 15,000+ produced.

I think someone screwed up in the manufacturing process OR there was a defective part of the battery.

I know everyone is concerned, but <fingers crossed> this is an isolated incident and Ford is being extra cautious.

FordLightningMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I like Farley a lot, I never owned a Ford before my Lightning and he was doing a lot of things that brought me over to the brand. However, investors look for a scapegoat when these types of things happen, so I'm curious who ends up taking the blame here.

GolfJRM

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning (If it ever gets delivered)
Occupation
Teacher
What does this mean for vehicles stuck in purgatory, just a few miles from our dealerships? Mine has been sitting out in the elements since 2/7

Screenshot_20230224-073859.png
Did you get visitation rights? I screwed up and trusted Ford and already sold my other truck. I am now doing a lot of walking.

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
So the earliest that shipping will resume is a week from today?

This is torture! 🤯

Sponsored

GolfJRM

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning (If it ever gets delivered)
Occupation
Teacher
So the earliest that shipping will resume is a week from today?

This is torture! 🤯
That sucks! Where did you read/hear that? I saw that about production but keep hoping that production and delivery are on different schedules

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
That sucks! Where did you read/hear that? I saw that about production but keep hoping that production and delivery are on different schedules

The article didn't say that shipping was still suspended, but they didn't say it was lifted either. Because they didn't say that shipping has or will continue, I'm just going to go by this quote until I hear something else.

"Ford’s Rouge Electric Vehicle Center will suspend production through the end of next week, and we’ll continue to provide updates.”

Status
Not open for further replies.