• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

What features do YOU hope get added in a future S/W update?

LightningCanuckNB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Here are my top 3

Dashcam - We have cameras everywhere, not having a dashcam feature seems like a big miss. The built-in dashcam in my friends Tesla recently saved him from an enormous at-fault insurance claim. Having to buy a third party dashcam (for front and rear) is a pain...

Sentry Mode - Similar to dashcam, but different. Hopefully obvious.

Cast/Airplay support - When parked, let us use this gorgeous screen please. It would be so nice to do this as Airplay/Cast instead of wasting time on individual apps.
Sponsored

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
Generator (pro power onboard only) Mode - I dont want have to have to shut off the infotainment, radio, lights, etc. all off when I want to use the Pro Power Onboard without anything else on. Its very annoying and vey clunky the way it works now

detansinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red F150 Lightning Lariat Extended Battery
Blue Cruise 1.2 -- We know it's coming and it looks to be a great update.

I have zero interest in the Tesla copycat features. Given the legal headaches that Tesla has on deck with their privacy issues, you can expect no automaker to follow in their footsteps on that one. Musk is a charlatan and his cars are smoking hot garbage -- control arms shouldn't be a consumable.

Sponsored

thecoloradokid

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 PORSCHE TAYCAN and '22 Ford F-150 Lightning
I have zero interest in the Tesla copycat features. Given the legal headaches that Tesla has on deck with their privacy issues, you can expect no automaker to follow in their footsteps on that one. Musk is a charlatan and his cars are smoking hot garbage -- control arms shouldn't be a consumable.

My new favorite post on this forum.

I have no interest in any update that introduces vampire drain, so no sentry mode for me.

My request would be an improved charging curve so we see higher charging speeds between 80% and 90%. 50kW charging speeds after 80% is ridiculous especially with how inefficient the truck is on the highway. To get 200 miles of range at highway speeds requires near 90% battery charge levels, so spending 15 to 20 minutes to get from 80% to 90% is ridiculous.

I would also love to see Ford figure out a way to get a little more efficiency out of the truck. I realize the truck is an aerodynamic nightmare, but maybe there are systems or motors that can be disengaged while cruising on the highway to save just a little battery life while cruising at 75mph?

As long as we are sharing a wish list, those two are my biggest requests.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
A user or custom driving mode. Since it is all software controlled, give us some sliders to control pedal response, steering assist, and regen and then save that to a mode that loads whenever your profile is selected.

lightspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
All of the above plus:
- ability to set SPORT or NORMAL as the DEFAULT mode
- ability to adjust regen rate
- more responsive interface especially when first starting the truck (it takes multiple seconds for every button push just after starting)
- better integration with the FordPass app, should be able to set climate settings, view camera feeds, control all the windows, control the lights, etc..

I'm not holding my breath for any of these though since I'll probably sell the truck (in three years) before they get around to these things.

Sponsored

swajames

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Technology and software development
Some good ideas above, but for me an equally important software upgrade is FordPass. The current app is isn't nearly where it could be and should be. If you can control or adjust it in the truck, you should be able to do the same via the app.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I want Nav on the instrument cluster….. looks like Apple might deliver before Ford though

OP
OP

LightningCanuckNB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Blue Cruise 1.2 -- We know it's coming and it looks to be a great update.

Er... I don't really get where you're going with this passion, but Tesla is not the only EV maker with these features.

OP
OP

LightningCanuckNB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
All of the above plus:
- ability to set SPORT or NORMAL as the DEFAULT mode
- ability to adjust regen rate
- more responsive interface especially when first starting the truck (it takes multiple seconds for every button push just after starting)
- better integration with the FordPass app, should be able to set climate settings, view camera feeds, control all the windows, control the lights, etc..

I'm not holding my breath for any of these though since I'll probably sell the truck (in three years) before they get around to these things.
AGREE - having to set or re-confirm Sport mode EVERY TIME YOU START THE TRUCK is very annoying.
Sponsored