• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

When will Ford start converting more reservations to orders again?

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Next week will be BIG, if the monthly trend continues, probably fill out the rest of July & August and touch September.

If we start to touch September with current allocations, Ford has to start thinking about the changeover from MY22 to MY23. That normally occurs in early Fall....
Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
If we start to touch September with current allocations, Ford has to start thinking about the changeover from MY22 to MY23. That normally occurs in early Fall....
2021 Mach-e's stayed in the 2021 model year well into December (with deliveries into Q1 2022). The supply chain issues have Ford pushing back that changeover to cover the orders.

Not sure what will happen with the Lightning.

OP
OP

world2steven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
Any Idea if/when Ford will start converting more reservations to orders again?
It is beginning to look like holding a reservation is not terribly relevant to being able to order a Lightning. I can understand Ford giving preference to fleet orders and maybe even allowing its dealers to favor a few of their better customers. But manipulating dealer quotas as a way to circumvent a FIFO reservation queue is harder to accept.

Same thing for sending more trucks to dealers in states with stricter zero-emissions regulations. Should I be hunting for a dealer in one of those states to whom to transfer my reservation?

Is there a list anywhere of how many reservations there were on each day of the first week Ford began accepting reservations?

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Next week will be BIG, if the monthly trend continues, probably fill out the rest of July & August and touch September.
Why next week?

What's happening ?

Are they accelerating production ?

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
It is beginning to look like holding a reservation is not terribly relevant to being able to order a Lightning. I can understand Ford giving preference to fleet orders and maybe even allowing its dealers to favor a few of their better customers. But manipulating dealer quotas as a way to circumvent a FIFO reservation queue is harder to accept.

Same thing for sending more trucks to dealers in states with stricter zero-emissions regulations. Should I be hunting for a dealer in one of those states to whom to transfer my reservation?

Is there a list anywhere of how many reservations there were on each day of the first week Ford began accepting reservations?
Yes, I understand the frustration of not being FIFO which is ideal.

Based on the number of reservations converting into orders the data is skewed.

With an approximate 45-50% conversion rate, extended reservations, cancelled or unconverted reservations will mean a better chance for those that leave their reservations in.

If you have a first day reservation, you may want to contact some well known high volume Ford dealers. Try: Long McArthur Ford in KS - Tim may be able to tell you if it's worth transferring your reservation to them. He may even have insight into other dealers that have high allocations.

My dealer (Ken Grody Ford, CA) received 50 Lightning allocations and I happened to get lucky with a second day reservation invited to order a MY'22 Lightning due to someone either extending or not converting....

Sponsored

bwcbwc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Jeep Wrangler
Yah, I know that 3rd and 4th wave people are still waiting.

I am 6th wave order and my dealer says they are waiting for a VIN and production start date on mine.
Wave 2 still waiting for a production date here. I think I've seen some Wave 1 people mention the same.

That said, the delay enabled me to change my order from an SR to an ER Lariat, so on the whole I'm okay with it.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Why next week?

What's happening ?

Are they accelerating production ?
This is about ORDERS converted to a PRODUCTION WEEK..... my bad for putting it in the Reservations thread.

Trend has been, the second week of the month is a Lightning scheduling event, with them populating multiple weeks of production in the one release, rather than lock-step weekly incrementing build week assignments.

The denominator value on stickers with out spray in bed liner for the 5/16 week has jumped to 685 units , in prior weeks it varied a little, but hopefully with all the media interruptions at the plant done the pace will improve consistently.

4/11 --> 422
4/18 --> 428
4/25 --> 552
5/02 -->447
5/09 -->373
Sponsored