• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 8/15/22 Lightning Build Week Group

Dalton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Explorer
Just got done with my daily chat with Ford -- They confirmed today I'm with Union pacific, but still located in chicago and no update since 9/12 -- No rail car ID/Number available. Does this seem reasonable for it to sit in Chicago for 9 days? I'm partially wondering if it got missed some how in the tracking and may just show up at the dealer with some others that recently landed in Mira Loma. Anyone else have any guesses/theories or ideas to bring me back to reality? lol

Drayday55

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Contractor
I think we're on the same train.

Im in Chicago too. Funny though. Chat didnt have the train car info that i got from the previous day. Im guessing it will change when we land in mira loma.

Just got done with my daily chat with Ford -- They confirmed today I'm with Union pacific, but still located in chicago and no update since 9/12 -- No rail car ID/Number available. Does this seem reasonable for it to sit in Chicago for 9 days? I'm partially wondering if it got missed some how in the tracking and may just show up at the dealer with some others that recently landed in Mira Loma. Anyone else have any guesses/theories or ideas to bring me back to reality? lol

iokua

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150L Lariat ER / 2002 F350
The latest update I've received on my truck from either the dealer or Ford Chat is that is was in Chicago on 9/6. I finally registered with United Road Logistics today and their site says it's sitting in Portland waiting for a truck to take it to the dealer. I've had a rail car number since 9/5 but the automated tracker never worked for me (has always told me the rail car is/was in Benicia, CA). You probably won't get any updates until it hits the West Coast at the earliest, and maybe not until it gets to the dealer. The tracking of vehicles from the factory seems to be hit or miss; more miss than hit.

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
this whole process is very annoying. I can GPS track on a $3 box of crayons for my kid as it approaches my house one stop at a time in my neighborhood, but trying to track $80k truck takes an act of international espionage! Been at Flat Rock per Chat since 8/25. Shipped on 9/9 whatever that means. Was at Markham Yard, IL as of 9/12. CN agent told me my train was in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada as 9/19 last seen at Markham Yard on 9/18 so Im assuming they dropped my truck off for loading on a hauler, but who knows! Ford chat still says last at Markham Yard. ETA has bounced all over the place. Dealer is polite but basically just says "it will get here when it gets here" and doesnt provide anything more than that other than the once a week I bother them. I live one freaking state away from Michigan... What the hell!

Rant over.

Sponsored

Drayday55

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Contractor
It's partly intentional I'm sure. They will probably revert back to a blind order process after they catch on to these forums causing any significant disruption to thier ratings and profit margins.

this whole process is very annoying. I can GPS track on a $3 box of crayons for my kid as it approaches my house one stop at a time in my neighborhood, but trying to track $80k truck takes an act of international espionage! Been at Flat Rock per Chat since 8/25. Shipped on 9/9 whatever that means. Was at Markham Yard, IL as of 9/12. CN agent told me my train was in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada as 9/19 last seen at Markham Yard on 9/18 so Im assuming they dropped my truck off for loading on a hauler, but who knows! Ford chat still says last at Markham Yard. ETA has bounced all over the place. Dealer is polite but basically just says "it will get here when it gets here" and doesnt provide anything more than that other than the once a week I bother them. I live one freaking state away from Michigan... What the hell!

Rant over.

spinnerbait

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat FX4
I think we're on the same train.

Im in Chicago too. Funny though. Chat didnt have the train car info that i got from the previous day. Im guessing it will change when we land in mira loma.

@Dalton (10/1), @Drayday55 (10/4), @Invictus (10/5), @spinnerbait (10/7). Looks like we are all in Chicago.

Based on my understanding, this is where the big shuffle happens. Canadian National Railways takes it from Ford to the CNR junction point (for me this is Riverdale, IL). Then Indiana Harbor Belt Railroad takes it from there the the Union Pacific Junction point (3 miles south east). This process takes time. Once Union Pacific has it, it goes on one of their next train West.

Gentlemen, we have ourselves a race!

djteotancolis

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Genesis G80
Occupation
Analyst
@Dalton (10/1), @Drayday55 (10/4), @Invictus (10/5), @spinnerbait (10/7). Looks like we are all in Chicago.

Based on my understanding, this is where the big shuffle happens. Canadian National Railways takes it from Ford to the CNR junction point (for me this is Riverdale, IL). Then Indiana Harbor Belt Railroad takes it from there the the Union Pacific Junction point (3 miles south east). This process takes time. Once Union Pacific has it, it goes on one of their next train West.

Does your Railcar # change when it changes from CNR to UP? I got one for Norfolk Southern but not sure where it goes to? The Railcar is currently somewhere in Missouri but not sure if it was already offloaded in IL?
Mine is going to Iowa.

spinnerbait

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat FX4
Does your Railcar # change when it changes from CNR to UP? I got one for Norfolk Southern but not sure where it goes to? The Railcar is currently somewhere in Missouri but not sure if it was already offloaded in IL?
Mine is going to Iowa.
Not sure but I assume so. Because I had a rail car number when it was on CNR, and not Ford does not have one for me. If it would be an end-to-end tracking number, is should stay in the system. I am sure someone can confirm / deny.

Sponsored

ResidualJinx

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Navigator, F-150 Lightning, Mustang Mach-e

Just to throw it out there, I was listed as in W. Chicago at Junction point according to Ford Chat from 9/10-Morning of 9/20 when an update finally came through and I was all of sudden in Mira Loma, CA on 9/19. I say that to say I dont think their primary status which is what chat references to give us updates is up-to-date lol.

If you can track via railcar and UP phone number I'd recommend it but for instance with @Invictus and @spinnerbait it's giving out incorrect information so folks on other lines like them might not be able to. The UP phone allowed me to get a rough ETA, it was jumping between 9/17-9/18 from the first call until the strike talk got loud and then I started to get pushed back but even then I ended up arriving 9/19. @CRAIGC540 was the same thing he arrived really close to his projected ETA.

Last edited:

Stevo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER
Just to throw it out there, I was listed as in W. Chicago at Junction point according to Ford Chat from 9/10-Morning of 9/20 when an update finally came through and I was all of sudden in Mira Loma, CA on 9/19. I say that to say I dont think their primary status which is what chat references to give us updates is up-to-date lol.

If you can track via railcar and UP phone number I'd recommend it but for instance with @Invictus and @spinnerbait it's giving out incorrect information so folks on other lines like them might not be able to. The UP phone allowed me to get a rough ETA, it was jumping between 9/17-9/18 from the first call until the strike talk got loud and then I started to get pushed back but even then I ended up arriving 9/19. @CRAIGC540 was the same thing he arrived really close to his projected ETA.
If this logic tracks for me as well my truck might be in NM today or tomorrow. That would be great. I have not been able to get any of the phone tracking tools to work. I have not been able to connect with chat for a week now. The button is just missing now from the desktop and mobile sites. My dealer has become annoyed with me for checking in so often as well.

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician
Now how long to unload at railyard ?
Then wait for truck transport??
Then wait for dealer to get it ready???
If i don't work late today I'm going to my dealer..

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
If we have implied that to be a fun process, then we have failed you!
Sponsored