• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

POLL: Battery induced Fire on 2/4 = Stop Production. Are you parking outside tonight?

Are you parking outside now?

• Total voters

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
What are you going to drive? Gas vehicles have fires too.
For sure, and they are also easier to put out. I’m searching for ICE being recalled due to fires like the Bolt and soon Ford.

It’s not just this Ford debacle, I think during this process and it being my second EV, they just aren’t for me right now.

I find ICE to have less compromise and better all-around for my needs but you pay for it at the pump.

Not to mention I miss the exhaust note.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
For sure, and they are also easier to put out. I’m searching for ICE being recalled due to fires like the Bolt and soon Ford.

It’s not this just Ford debacle, I think during this process and it being my second EV, they just aren’t for me right now.

I find ICE to have less compromise and better all-around for my needs but you pay for it at the pump.

Not to mention I miss the exhaust note.
I'll help you in your search.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a41053106/ford-expedition-lincoln-navigator-fire-recall/

XLT Jeffy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning XLT SR
Parking for now. No big deal will just drive the Mazda. Not worried about my safety but my family is something I'll take extra caution for until more information is released.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
I have 3 little kids sleeping above my attached garage. A little more serious than an insurance claim, to say the least.
That is a prudent action for YOU and anyone with an attached garage.

I have a detached garage, far from the house

Sponsored
OP
OP
luebri

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
That is a prudent action for YOU and anyone with an attached garage.

I have a detached garage, far from the house
Yep all good, YOUR statement I quoted was regarding insurance though. Not regarding an attached or detached garage.

I dare say we all have insurance on our properties and vehicles, so not sure that is all that relative to the discussion.

So back to your actual reasononing, Yes, with a detached garage. I also would not worry about it and would park inside the garage.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Don't have a garage, so it only stays parked outside, but I am still using it as normal.

Sponsored
OP
OP
luebri

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm more concerned about my Ipad battery left in my house overnight.

lightning lift.jpg
That is interesting to me. Im not saying your wrong, but just analyzing the data. There have been 500+ million iPad sold thru Year End 2020.

At the same 1/20,000 ratio that would be 25,600 iPad fires since 2010.

I personally doubt there have been that many iPad related fire events, but again. I dont know, so I could be wrong.

Also, very cool garage setup!

Last edited:
OP
OP
luebri

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Well guys... a certain someone I live with caught wind of the goings on and I have been overruled.

1676579504408.png
:ROFLMAO: Yea, the wife factor is the only reason I am debating not parking outside. Not sure I'm getting that toothpaste back in the tube if I park outside while we wait for some more details.

Another Unifi Protect user! (y)

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L ER Lariat - 2022 Tesla Model Y LR
Occupation
General Manager - Factory Select Homes
If people stopped driving vehicles because they had the chance to spontaneously combust, we would be back to riding horses. Gas vehicles have fire issues too. There has been 1 fire and it never made it to a customer.
I decided I had enough. Traded in. Pic of taking delivery from dealer. Wife not happy but hay

Ford F-150 Lightning POLL: Battery induced Fire on 2/4 = Stop Production. Are you parking outside tonight? 1676580057122
Sponsored