• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored
OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
Nothing is wrong with your car, there is an issue with the database feeding FDRS right now
Well that's interesting, and answers a question from the Mach-E forum as to why one of their members wasn't seeing the latest updates to get that car to Sync 640 as well.

OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@Mike G, I really appreciate your posts. I followed your posts and try to use FDRs to update the car. Dealer was no use in my case snd could not resolve the missing options under my software update section. When i used Fdrs i had two updates ApIm and GWM pending. I tried APIM and it failed to load binary files. I updated GWM and after that i don’t see APIm update anymore, i am still missing new 4.x.x version of sync system. Can you please help me to figure out what is wrong with my car? My VIN is 1FT6W1EV7NWG01946
Sorry, I just now saw your post....I wasn't aware until Gimme posted that there was a FDRS issue, but that makes sense because others on the Mach-E forum are having the same issue. Doing a ton of updates in FDRS and then they just run out of updates..but they haven't gotten to the new Sync 640 APIM update yet. I didn't know they were having issues like that.

Hopefully it will clear up soon.

Just ping me in a few days and I'll check for you and let you know if something shows up (unless you bought your own annual license).

Last edited:
OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
As an additional note regarding FDRS updates (currently) the issue as reported on the F-150 FDRS programming thread seems to be a problem with the server creating the index for downloads of the GWM, APIM, and TCU updates. Those are all USB based updates. CAN bus updates are not affected. I'll post back when I see that this has been fixed.

nag_beer

First Name
Nag
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning
Sorry, I just now saw your post....I wasn't aware until Gimme posted that there was a FDRS issue, but that makes sense because others on the Mach-E forum are having the same issue. Doing a ton of updates in FDRS and then they just run out of updates..but they haven't gotten to the new Sync 640 APIM update yet. I didn't know they were having issues like that.

Hopefully it will clear up soon.

Just ping me in a few days and I'll check for you and let you know if something shows up (unless you bought your own annual license).
thank you Mike and Gimme. I will wait for the FDRS issues to be resolved.

@Mike G , I will contact you with in few days to see anything pops up for my VIN as I don’t have annual membership. I will buy 2day license when APIM updates pops back up

Sponsored

eopiela

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Attorney
Any updates on the database issue? I used FDRS to update all my pending modules (PSCM is still showing as needing update after updating it twice), but still stuck on 4.1.1 and the old interface. My 2 day expires on Sunday. Was quite an adventure getting this set up. Had to buy a cheap Windows laptop as apparently FDRS won't authorize its license in a virtual machine on my MacBook and BootCamp for Windows 10 won't install it either. No joke on needing battery power supply hooked up. Each of these can bus updates suck a ton of power running all types of pumps throughout the vehicle.

data003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Computer Nerd
Any updates on the database issue? I used FDRS to update all my pending modules (PSCM is still showing as needing update after updating it twice), but still stuck on 4.1.1 and the old interface. My 2 day expires on Sunday. Was quite an adventure getting this set up. Had to buy a cheap Windows laptop as apparently FDRS won't authorize its license in a virtual machine on my MacBook and BootCamp for Windows 10 won't install it either. No joke on needing battery power supply hooked up. Each of these can bus updates suck a ton of power running all types of pumps throughout the vehicle.
Works fine for me in Bootcamp?

eopiela

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Attorney
Sorry I wasn't clear--I couldn't get Bootcamp to install Windows 10 professional or Windows 11 to then install FDRS, so had to get a PC laptop.

OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mar 23 and there's progress.

I checked my VIN late this afternoon and found a new APIM update as the sole thing on my list.

I have already been running Sync 640 (new Sync UI) for a while now as those who follow this thread know.

I was kindof expecting a new APIM update because my '21 Mach-E (as well as those with '23 models for some reason, but not many '22s) have gotten Sync 713 about two or three weeks ago.

I hopped in the truck to move it over to the shop to do the update and noticed I had a software download for PowerUp 4.2.1 that said it had "not completed" but the notes were there. (On the Mach-E OTA 4.2.1 was a GWM update and the notes on the Lightning matched what the notes were for OTA 4.2.1 on the Mach-E so I figured it's the same).

In the 30 seconds it took to move the truck the screen changed and said that the 4.2.1 update was now completed.

I connected up the laptop and the APIM was still in the list so I downloaded and ran the update. Took a while to do the download this time, like 15 minutes, and then to about half as long to copy the almost 4GB of data to the USB drive.
Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Software Updates using FDRS APIM_4-2-2_Sync_713

Plugged the drive in and about 5 minutes later was told to shutdown and leave the driver's door open and then come back for the restart after 10 minutes.

All went as planned. Sync version is now 713, like my Mach-E, and the software revision version is also the same as my Mach-E at "NU5T-14G676-EC" revision (it was "-BB").

So this Sync 713 has the same two new games (Bridge Battle and Parking Lot) and that matches the Mach-E that got this update as PowerUp 4.2.2. So it's fair to assume that when this APIM update arrives as a PowerUp it will indeed be 4.2.2.

Have a great evening (unless you had other plans).

Last edited:

irpete

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
I upgraded to this APIM version today with FDRS. I didn’t previously have the new UI. I do now. It took a very long time as the files were 6 GB.

Sponsored

nag_beer

First Name
Nag
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning
21 Mar 23 and there's progress.

I checked my VIN late this afternoon and found a new APIM update as the sole thing on my list.

I have already been running Sync 640 (new Sync UI) for a while now as those who follow this thread know.

I was kindof expecting a new APIM update because my '21 Mach-E (as well as those with '23 models for some reason, but not many '22s) have gotten Sync 713 about two or three weeks ago.

I hopped in the truck to move it over to the shop to do the update and noticed I had a software download for PowerUp 4.2.1 that said it had "not completed" but the notes were there. (On the Mach-E OTA 4.2.1 was a GWM update and the notes on the Lightning matched what the notes were for OTA 4.2.1 on the Mach-E so I figured it's the same).

In the 30 seconds it took to move the truck the screen changed and said that the 4.2.1 update was now completed.

I connected up the laptop and the APIM was still in the list so I downloaded and ran the update. Took a while to do the download this time, like 15 minutes, and then to about half as long to copy the almost 4GB of data to the USB drive.
APIM_4-2-2_Sync_713.png

Plugged the drive in and about 5 minutes later was told to shutdown and leave the driver's door open and then come back for the restart after 10 minutes.

All went as planned. Sync version is now 713, like my Mach-E, and the software revision version is also the same as my Mach-E at "NU5T-14G676-EC" revision (it was "-BB").

So this Sync 713 has the same two new games (Bridge Battle and Parking Lot) and that matches the Mach-E that got this update as PowerUp 4.2.2. So it's fair to assume that when this APIM update arrives as a PowerUp it will indeed be 4.2.2.

Have a great evening (unless you had other plans).
Anybody having issues with connectvity after upgrading to sync 713? I couldn’t not unlock my car using PAAK until unless the app is open and connected. I also see that some times connectivity options are completely missing in sync menu. I won’t see the arrows pointing up and down with GPS signal on top right corner when the connectivity options are missing. It does show up some drives and some drives not. My car is 22 march built I don’t thinks these had issues with PAAK or fordpass app. I am also seeing signal not connected in the app when I go in to pro power or zone lightning options. All the rest of the ford pass options workfine.

Sepi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Lightning Platinum
Any luck with this I'm on a windows laptop and my FDRS expires today. Everything seems to clear but PSCM ran it like 5x and it just stays there not seeing any way as to see why like an error or other problem.

irpete

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Anybody having issues with connectvity after upgrading to sync 713? I couldn’t not unlock my car using PAAK until unless the app is open and connected. I also see that some times connectivity options are completely missing in sync menu. I won’t see the arrows pointing up and down with GPS signal on top right corner when the connectivity options are missing. It does show up some drives and some drives not. My car is 22 march built I don’t thinks these had issues with PAAK or fordpass app. I am also seeing signal not connected in the app when I go in to pro power or zone lightning options. All the rest of the ford pass options workfine.
I’m having similar issues after upgrading to 713.

eopiela

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Attorney
My PCSM is showing as needing an update too after successful updates. Other threads indicate it is just a bug, that everything is fine but it isn't refreshing the list. I also am getting the need to have the app open to unlock and start after the update. This happened occasionally prior to the update, but is consistent now.

data003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Computer Nerd
This is pretty concerning… and I’m not hopeful it will be fixed anytime soon given how long it took to roll out PaaK in the first place.

Ford still hasn’t fixed the broken departure time feature and it’s been almost 6 months now. It would suck for PaaK to be bugged to the point where it’s not worth bothering with.
Sponsored