• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored
OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
This is pretty concerning… and I’m not hopeful it will be fixed anytime soon given how long it took to roll out PaaK in the first place.

Ford still hasn’t fixed the broken departure time feature and it’s been almost 6 months now. It would suck for PaaK to be bugged to the point where it’s not worth bothering with.
If you're out of Bluetooth range then it's the TCU connection that's to blame not PAAK.

If you can get within 30 feet of the truck and all the FP buttons do what they're supposed to be doing (frunk, tailgate, start, lock, unlock) then it's not FP and Bluetooth that's the problem.

When you're out of BT range everything has to go through the trucks cellular TCU connection.

I know it's a workaround but I've had to hold the lock button down in FP to first lock the truck, and by doing this it wakes the truck up so FP is responsive to things like showing you the current charge status.

My FP currently shows the last OTA I had was 3.3.1 back on August 7th...but my truck software updates page says it completed 4.2.1, and that was on the 20th of Feb.

So FP is the usual hot mess. They make changes and do updates...and the mess changes a bit...but it's still hot :poop:
Sponsored

KingStraasha

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, Antimatter Blue
Not sure if this is the right place to ask but I have a 2023 ER Lariat with a 12/08/22 build date. I bought it in early Feb and have not received any OTA updates. I still have the older interface with the slides for heated seats and HVAC. I did have the dealer apply TSB23-2050 and TSB23-2073 (Bluecruise update). My about only shows that I am on Sync 4 Version 22230_PRODUCT, revision 546. Can someone please lookup my VIN and let me know what updates FDRS is showing? VIN 1FTVW1EV7PWG06529.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Not sure if this is the right place to ask but I have a 2023 ER Lariat with a 12/08/22 build date. I bought it in early Feb and have not received any OTA updates. I still have the older interface with the slides for heated seats and HVAC. I did have the dealer apply TSB23-2050 and TSB23-2073 (Bluecruise update). My about only shows that I am on 4.0.22230. Can someone please lookup my VIN and let me know what updates FDRS is showing? VIN 1FTVW1EV7PWG06529.
The only update in your list is an APIM (Sync) update.

They normally do come as an OTA though so you may want to do two things.

Call your service advisor and ask them to pull up your VIn in PTS and go to the 'OTA Dashboard' and tell you if this update has tried to download or if they see any problems with your OTA status. They can do this over the phone.

Then there's another thing you can try....you can pull the TCU modem fuse in the right side passenger footwell and leave it out for like 15 minutes and then put it back in and go for a drive of around 20-30 minutes in an area with good AT&T coverage to see if anything downloads.

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Software Updates using FDRS TCU_Fuse

Edit: Added a useful SSM on this topic.

Attachments

Last edited:

KingStraasha

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Well, I pulled fuse 32 and left it out for 45 minutes. I plugged it back in, drove 20 minutes, and not update. Ugh. All features work in Ford Pass. I guess I have yet another trip to the dealer. I have had it in for a total of 4 times so far. Are APIM updates specific to a vehicle or can it be shared so I can put it on a USB drive?

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Well, I pulled fuse 32 and left it out for 45 minutes. I plugged it back in, drove 20 minutes, and not update. Ugh. All features work in Ford Pass. I guess I have yet another trip to the dealer. I have had it in for a total of 4 times so far. Are APIM updates specific to a vehicle or can it be shared so I can put it on a USB drive?
I can help with this question. FDRS updates cannot be shared to others via download/USB to update. APIM/TCU/Any module, it doesn't matter. The FDRS system has to connect to the vehicle directly to be able to generate files for updating that vehicle.

You can keep waiting, pay for an FDRS subscription, go to your dealer and ask them to manually update it, or do the magical update dance while having your fingers in your ears in hopes it downloads (this has yet to work for me).

Sponsored
OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Is your scheduled updates set to a time when you'll be driving the truck? You should set it so that it checks while you're out and about or an a daily commute. I have mine set to 0900 every morning.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Is your scheduled updates set to a time when you'll be driving the truck? You should set it so that it checks while you're out and about or an a daily commute. I have mine set to 0900 every morning.
I'm not sure this is correct. The recurring schedule updates are for a time when you are not driving. If you click the info icon on the setting it gives this help message:

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Software Updates using FDRS 20230328_143310846_iOS (Medium) (2) - Copy

And then the choices for schedule are all times in the middle of the night or custom:
Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Software Updates using FDRS 20230328_143342365_iOS (Medium) - Copy

I think this last screen is new with the 1:00 AM choices. I think before it just gave custom. I know I had mine set for midnight but when I opened the screen it was set to None (so I changed it to 1:00 AM everyday). Still I have gotten every update usually the first day it came out including 4.2.2 yesterday.

Many of these updates for me happen when I'm driving and when I turn off the truck I get a message in Ford Pass that an update just occurred.

Last edited:

KingStraasha

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Well, after work today, I took @Mike G advice. I set the update to check 5 minutes after I left. I went to the post office on the way home. I checked for any updates after I arrived...none...so I set it back to checking at 1am. I went into the post office, dropped off a package, and then drove home. On the way home, I received the notice that I had an update installed, 4.2.2.1. Imagine that. The weird thing is that I still have the old user interface. Thanks for everyone's help and advice, I truly appreciate it. And sorry that I highjacked this thread a little bit.

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Software Updates using FDRS 20230328_174010

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Software Updates using FDRS 20230328_182315

OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Well, after work today, I took @Mike G advice. I set the update to check 5 minutes after I left. I went to the post office on the way home. I checked for any updates after I arrived...none...so I set it back to checking at 1am. I went into the post office, dropped off a package, and then drove home. On the way home, I received the notice that I had an update installed, 4.2.2.1. Imagine that. The weird thing is that I still have the old user interface. Thanks for everyone's help and advice, I truly appreciate it. And sorry that I highjacked this thread a little bit.

20230328_174010.jpg

20230328_182315.jpg
Those are the notes for a gateway (GWM) update. You'll need a bit of a longer drive for the APIM that comes next. It's a big download. So I would repeat the morning drive schedule check but take a longer drive. It takes a while to download 6GB.

cc_lightning

First Name
Charley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
I think I'm going to pull the trigger and try to perform the software update myself after a few failed attempt with the dealer. I have a question on the power supply/charger. It seems like the recommendation is the is the Clore PL6100 or 2xPL2320 because we need about 30amp. Would something like this work, 35-Amp Car Battery Charger, 12V and 24V? It's about the price of 1 PL2320 and has 35 amps.

Thanks.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I think I'm going to pull the trigger and try to perform the software update myself after a few failed attempt with the dealer. I have a question on the power supply/charger. It seems like the recommendation is the is the Clore PL6100 or 2xPL2320 because we need about 30amp. Would something like this work, 35-Amp Car Battery Charger, 12V and 24V? It's about the price of 1 PL2320 and has 35 amps.

Thanks.
It has to have a Power Supply function. From reading the description that one doesn't look like it does that. The ones that do usually say they have a power supply function for programming updates.

There is a member on the Mach-E forum that uses this one. But one of our most experienced members swears by the 2x Clore PL2320.

data003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Computer Nerd
It has to have a Power Supply function. From reading the description that one doesn't look like it does that. The ones that do usually say they have a power supply function for programming updates.

There is a member on the Mach-E forum that uses this one. But one of our most experienced members swears by the 2x Clore PL2320.
I use 2x PL2320 with no issues.

thedadlegend

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Smoked Quartz Lariat ER
@Mike G any chance you could take a look at my truck in your system? It’s a 22 mannequin I picked up a few weeks ago. I have no “automatic update” slider, I can’t disable telematics as it says I have to contact the “vehicle owner” and I’m stuck on 3.5.3.

Wondering if there was supposed to be some process to transfer the truck to me from the dealer that they didn’t follow.

VIN is 1FT6W1EV1NWG01540

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
@Mike G any chance you could take a look at my truck in your system? It’s a 22 mannequin I picked up a few weeks ago. I have no “automatic update” slider, I can’t disable telematics as it says I have to contact the “vehicle owner” and I’m stuck on 3.5.3.

Wondering if there was supposed to be some process to transfer the truck to me from the dealer that they didn’t follow.

VIN is 1FT6W1EV1NWG01540
Sounds like your truck is still in fleet mode. That's supposed to be automatically removed when the sale is registered but doesn't always take