• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

“STOP SAFELY NOW” message

YankeeCP

First Name
CP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat SR Lightning
Service advisor told me Battery module was delivered today and they will work to get it done by Friday
update- truck is not complete and now service advisor has told me it won’t be done for another 2 weeks. They only have one certified technician and he will be on vacation for 2 weeks.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Everytime I read a thread of this nature, I remind myself, we're on the cutting edge of the technology, at least with respect to Ford, the Lightning is the next step for the MoCo to ramp up it's manufacturing, sales and service capacity.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Everytime I read a thread of this nature, I remind myself, we're on the cutting edge of the technology, at least with respect to Ford, the Lightning is the next step for the MoCo to ramp up it's manufacturing, sales and service capacity.
That's no excuse for lack of technicians to work on the vehicles. It's not like Ford didn't know they were going to produce an EV or how it works. They've had years to get people trained up. Why bother buying from Big Auto if their service ability is barely on par with a start up? Extremely disappointing that there are this many occurrences of dealerships A) Not knowing how to properly diagnose and B) Only have 1 technician capable of the repairs. They (the dealerships) already have a bad rep and this is just making things worse.

Sorry for the rant, it's early yet on the west coast.

YankeeCP

First Name
CP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat SR Lightning
That's no excuse for lack of technicians to work on the vehicles. It's not like Ford didn't know they were going to produce an EV or how it works. They've had years to get people trained up. Why bother buying from Big Auto if their service ability is barely on par with a start up? Extremely disappointing that there are this many occurrences of dealerships A) Not knowing how to properly diagnose and B) Only have 1 technician capable of the repairs. They (the dealerships) already have a bad rep and this is just making things worse.

Sorry for the rant, it's early yet on the west coast.
ageee- and I don’t live in a rural area with 1 dealer. They could have foreseen this issue weeks ago and let me know so thatI could check other Dealers.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
The economy and lack of a motivated workforce continue to hamper the issue.

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
The economy and lack of a motivated workforce continue to hamper the issue.
There's a quick way to motivate a workforce of mechanics, and it isn't "book rates" on repairs. The Dealers know what they need to do if they really want trained techs to deal with this. Ford needs to crack down on dealers not having their service department properly trained.

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning
update- truck is not complete and now service advisor has told me it won’t be done for another 2 weeks. They only have one certified technician and he will be on vacation for 2 weeks.
I wish I had been tracking all the times the only tech available was on vacation when someone's truck was being worked on. I'm starting to think this is the modern equivalent of the used car that " a little old lady only drive to church on Sundays." Seems fishy. 🐠

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
It seems to me that there are too many battery problems (and time out of service, tech repair hours) for the number of trucks produced or miles driven! [See spreadsheet in signature.] Ford and their battery supplier need to aim much closer for zero defects before they end up with a worse reputation.

KurtsRPMGarage

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro, 22 Tesla Model 3, 03 C5 Z06
Occupation
Geologist
Update 5: So it turns out they are replacing one battery module, not the whole battery. I spoke with my advisor yesterday and he said the module should arrive at the dealer on Tuesday and I should have the truck back by Thursday. Fingers crossed. That will be a little over 3.5 weeks from when I first dropped it off. On an unrelated note the dealer gave me a brand new xlt with the coyote as a loaner. Nice truck all be it relatively sluggish compared to the lightning. Only problem is that it doesn’t have a bedliner and they asked me not to scratch it lol. I work in construction. I’ve had to basically carry all my tools in the cab to prevent damaging the bed. Super annoying. Oh well just a few more days and I’ll be back into my pro.

Sponsored

KurtsRPMGarage

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geologist
Update 6: Thought I was getting my truck back today but a phone call just confirmed that is not happening. Dealer has the parts ready to go but the only tech able to work on the lightning is out sick and has been for the last few days. Likely going to be next week. We will hit 4 weeks on Monday.

Last edited:

Flash

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT 312A
Occupation
EE
Update 6: Thought I was getting my truck back today but a phone call just confirmed that is not happening. Dealer has the parts ready to go but the only tech able to work on the lightning is out sick and has been for the last few days. Likely going to be next week. We will hit 4 weeks on Monday.
Any update? I just got the truck yesterday and this morning I got the stop safety now message with 25% reduced power. Can't believe this happened not even 24 hrs into owning the truck...

KurtsRPMGarage

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geologist
Any update? I just got the truck yesterday and this morning I got the stop safety now message with 25% reduced power. Can't believe this happened not even 24 hrs into owning the truck...
I’m sorry to hear that. I got the truck back 32 days after my initial drop off date. Been driving it for about A month now with no issues to report. I jumped over to the “Powertrain Malfunction/Reduced Power” thread as that’s where everyone else was posting.

patrickj62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lighting
Had the same thing happen 2 times. Both just after charging at a DC charger. Truck wouldn’t go more than 2 mph. Charged from 20%-60%, unplugged, started the truck and got the message. Had to start/stop truck 3-4 times before it cleared up. Until the start was normal, told me to service soon, but no other details.
Sponsored